betterlovedoll.com

WARNING: To buyers of young looking dolls

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
jms033
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: WARNING: To buyers of young looking dolls

Post by jms033 »

Chuck Norris wrote:Jeezus!
This thread has been going on for too long now and it is getting annoying.
If you are so worrying that your doll might get seized by customs, then order the head separately.
Thank you and Goodnight!

Oh sure, now you tell us! :shakefist: That's ok, I found a better doll that's much taller.
Good night and don't sleep with one foot hanging over the bed! :sleeping:

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Hey all! Please back on topic. The main topic here is age estimation. This was said several times. Please don't be surprised if off-topic posts are removed without notice.

limelight

Post by limelight »

Any updates on this ridiculous law? i hearing it will not pass.. does anyone know when the Senate will vote on this?

Technician
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Technician »

Something is going on. TPE doll prices just about doubled on dhgate and almost everything is gone from Amazon.

New_To_Dolls
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by New_To_Dolls »

Hey all, I was literally about to go and order a 63cm doll (from a US vendor) but the post @ https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=240 has got me spooked!

Do we know what happened to the legal battle (i think it was with the doll house)?
Are we safe to import scaled-down dolls into the UK from the US?

I know 63cm is a small doll but I have a 130cm doll (ordered several months ago) and even she to to heavy for me to use on a regular basis (i aint no spring chicken). Also, the doll I was looking at was an Elf head doll - does this mean I may be put away for importing a underage fantasy person?

Just for reference, the doll I'm look into is https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... hilit=AIKO but with white skin.

I'm going to ping this post to the vendor and check again if they think there may be legal issues.

I wish I hadn't seen this :(

*EDIT*

Just out of interest; would it be possible for the UK (if not all vendors) to do to their local MP (you know people in government) and ask or demand for some actual guidelines be made? Its a business with a market and just saying "obscene article" doesn't really mean FA to me; too subjective! Women have had the benefit of purchasing sex toys for decades (and they have some pretty funky sh1t available).

I do agree if it looks like a kid then fair enough but height alone should not be a factor! I was going to email my local MP but thought I'd better not; I dont want the cops knocking on my door and he is a dick anyway!

Some advise from the UK and international vendors would be appreciated.

The-Doll-House
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by The-Doll-House »

New_To_Dolls wrote:Hey all, I was literally about to go and order a 63cm doll (from a US vendor) but the post @ https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=240 has got me spooked!

Do we know what happened to the legal battle (i think it was with the doll house)?
Are we safe to import scaled-down dolls into the UK from the US?

I know 63cm is a small doll but I have a 130cm doll (ordered several months ago) and even she to to heavy for me to use on a regular basis (i aint no spring chicken). Also, the doll I was looking at was an Elf head doll - does this mean I may be put away for importing a underage fantasy person?

Just for reference, the doll I'm look into is https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... hilit=AIKO but with white skin.

I'm going to ping this post to the vendor and check again if they think there may be legal issues.

I wish I hadn't seen this :(

*EDIT*

Just out of interest; would it be possible for the UK (if not all vendors) to do to their local MP (you know people in government) and ask or demand for some actual guidelines be made? Its a business with a market and just saying "obscene article" doesn't really mean FA to me; too subjective! Women have had the benefit of purchasing sex toys for decades (and they have some pretty funky sh1t available).

I do agree if it looks like a kid then fair enough but height alone should not be a factor! I was going to email my local MP but thought I'd better not; I dont want the cops knocking on my door and he is a dick anyway!

Some advise from the UK and international vendors would be appreciated.

Hi New_To_Dolls,

As it happens, I've heard very little regarding the case/charge as yet.
What has happened, is that the NCA have completed their check with the Ministry of Justice with regards to my enquiry about legality of shorter dolls. So this spurred both The Home Office, and The Ministry of Justice to reply to me (after over a year of hearing from me).
MoJ Reply.jpg
MoJ Reply.jpg (849.11 KiB) Viewed 77205 times
HomeOffice Reply.jpg
HomeOffice Reply.jpg (899.66 KiB) Viewed 77205 times
So as you can see, the UK authorities have absolutely no interest in clarifying anything, which suggests to me that the whole plan is to simply keep everyone in the dark and keep prosecuting people, so that everyone is too scared to keep the industry going.

So I have been speaking to someone in the US who has an attorney contact, who is prepared to act Pro-Bono on this, to help us push some politicians to get some legislation in place. So it looks as though I am going to start lobbying various MPs to see if I can get some momentum going on this.

I don't mind being the public face for this action, but it would be extremely helpful if the community can back this via something like a petition (if we get 100,000 signatures, doesn't it get a hearing in the House of Commons?)
Kind Regards,

Phil

The-Doll-House
https://www.the-doll-house.com
Buy Sex Dolls, Beautiful Full-Size & Fully Move-able, Just For You!

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Good luck Phil!

One of the problems with petitions is that you have to use your real name and contact details so TDF anonymous names won’t be sufficient! However, I’m sure we all support you in your actions and will help where we can!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

New_To_Dolls
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by New_To_Dolls »

Thanks for the update Phil. I see they responded with the standard "we cant help" and "obscene article" rubbish. If they are going to make something illegal then they should at least give us a definition to work with rather than [depends on the day] - it isn't fair or just. I agree we need to start talking to the MPs; thanks for leading the charge ; its very much appreciated :)

I may still order the doll - the vendor says they have had no import issues (but who know on the day).

Ask the MPs for a clear definition on "child doll" and see what they come back with. Let us know how we can help.

Please keep the info coming.

Thanks NTD :)

danDub
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by danDub »

hollows+fentiman wrote:Good luck Phil!

One of the problems with petitions is that you have to use your real name and contact details so TDF anonymous names won’t be sufficient! However, I’m sure we all support you in your actions and will help where we can!

Cheers, Hollows.
I def would :thumbs_up:

Go-M-Doll
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Go-M-Doll »

Hi Staff,

You are completely outside the track.
Rules are not base with head size in Canada, maybe in your country.

Customers who want a younger doll can contact me, I know all the rules of the law in Canada

Alain

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

Go-M-Doll wrote:Hi Staff,

Customers who want a younger doll can contact me, I know all the rules of the law in Canada

Alain
Original Post wrote:When a doll's face or body is deemed to look under the age of 18 it will not be allowed to be displayed or promoted at any Doll Forum or Coverdoll gallery or website.
We are not prohibiting members from having them nor manufacturers from selling them.
We are only prohibiting them from being direct linked to, displayed or promoted on our websites.

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

hollows+fentiman wrote:Good luck Phil!

Cheers, Hollows.
I think the other problem is that it brings the issue to wider attention. I'm sorry to say this but it seems that as things stand there is ZERO chance of anyone in politics, the media or anywhere else having any sympathy at all for putting the ownership of dolls on a secure legal footing. If it comes up for debate then the only outcome is going to be an outright ban. As things stand the situation could be much worse - the authorities have no clear legal basis on which to act and for this reason whenever anyone fights back by challenging seizures the various law enforcement agencies frequently back down.

We in the doll community are reasonable people who just want to see underage, childlike dolls banned, but in the wider world we are all (unfairly) tarred with the same brush.

I wish Phil every success if his case ever comes to court, but I don't think we should be seeking publicity for this issue.

ranger42
CoverDoll Staff
CoverDoll Staff

Post by ranger42 »

Not only is there a deliberate avoidance of clarity by the authorities, but they then quickly pivot into the irrelevant subject of protecting children. They appear to be trying to turn the conversation into something other than what it is actually about, to put themselves on stronger ground and shut down objection.
My Girls - WM140D #36 #188, WM163C #74 #188 #173: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=102752
Leah in Coverdoll, Isabelle

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

Dali wrote:
Go-M-Doll wrote:Hi Staff,

Alain
Original Post wrote:When a doll's face or body is deemed to look under the age of 18 it will not be allowed to be displayed or promoted at any Doll Forum or Coverdoll gallery or website.
We are not prohibiting members from having them nor manufacturers from selling them.
We are only prohibiting them from being direct linked to, displayed or promoted on our websites.
I think Alain meant "younger" not as being younger to look under the age of 18 but more like younger as being shorter... like the 100 cm Climax and Wm dolls.

xxxman122

Post by xxxman122 »

It is safe to assume this 'creeper act' is in effect now. Sites like j-suntech, catdoll, etc are all wiped out currently. i hope you guys don't shop ~130cm dolls, unless it's store in USA or guaranteed 100% refunds. Couple people here were saying we shouldn't be scared, but it's really close.

INFORMATIONS