It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:42 pm

By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules Of Conduct and Terms Of Use of this website.

Official TDF Rules & TOS

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  
Search for:
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: crack -- oh no! what happened to the neck joint?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:29 am 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Motley Crew on the CC of OZ...Landed ashore for a while
I recommend contacting 4woods and explaining what happened and also mentioning the upgrade the SF has posted above.

Be sure to include your dolls model number to ensure you get the right part for the right job, and send them photos, they may replace it free of charge and save you the hassle of hole misalignment.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - Real Doll She Devil Custom Body 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha - Real Doll Classic - Body 6
Lexi - Boy Toy 3 Celestial Star Body 3 Gel butt and boob implants
Lorelei - SANHUI 165 R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald - R13 custom
Ayla - WM dolls - 155CM DD cup model
Jessica Jade - PD - 163CM , Penelope fitness version .
Marilyn Muscles Munroe (Mazzy M) - AS Doll 166CM fitness model
BaBs - PD 158CM Gigantic Boobs doll
Jessie - Teddy Babe Deluxe - Jessica Model
Dannielle - YL Dolls - 128CM Kylie model
Gypsy Kate -Wm 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy - WM 65CM Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls galore
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB doll as Motoko Kusinagi GITS and She Demon Agony
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:40 am 
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

You guys friggin rock! Pure awesome

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:13 am 
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Brief update: I contacted 4woods three weeks ago, and still no reply. I'm in touch with the 4woods USA rep, who's been super helpful, but apparently the factory just isn't responding. Or at least I haven't heard of any response. Hopefully I'll learn something soon...

Until the new piece arrives, all I have is a headless, spineless smokin' hot body!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:42 am 

nanobot wrote:
all I have is a headless, spineless smokin' hot body!

Is it just me?
or was anyone else weirdly turned on by that sentence? :razz:

Steven Wright

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:16 pm 
Doll Forum Site Manager
Doll Forum Site Manager

nanobot wrote:
Brief update: I contacted 4woods three weeks ago, and still no reply. I'm in touch with the 4woods USA rep, who's been super helpful, but apparently the factory just isn't responding. Or at least I haven't heard of any response. Hopefully I'll learn something soon...

Until the new piece arrives, all I have is a headless, spineless smokin' hot body!

Both Japanese, European and US Staff of 4Woods is very helpful, although ... sometimes it takes a little time to get in touch. Seiko, the USA rep is great, and as (to my knowledge) she does most of the English-Japanese translation for 4Woods Japan, I'm sure she will be helpful!

In regards to the skeleton, earlier this year the European factory started to replace PVC by metal, see http://www.dollstory.eu/dsnew.aspx?id1= ... 27&lang=EN

AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:25 pm 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

nanobot wrote:

Hey, bring me that damaged doll here to SF's place and we will fix that because doll skeletons aren't high tech items.

- SF -

Click to see our Doll Album
Click to see our TDF link index
Click to see siliconefun's amazing doll team - topic link index

<<< Owning love dolls is by far more than a fine friendship, it's a true relationship >>>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:45 pm 
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Another brief update: still no reply from 4woods. I heard from Seiko (4woods USA rep) that the factory could make the piece for a fee. I emailed them right away, but after one month I haven't heard anything.

It's especially frustrating, because I think the break was not my fault. I always moved the head very carefully, with steady firm pressure and holding the shoulder, but the neck joint was so tight that the PVC connector couldn't hold up.

Still, I am happy to pay for the new part. But now I will wait longer for one piece than if I had ordered a whole new doll!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:39 am 
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

You could try to contact 4woods Europe/Doll Story for a replacement part.
http://www.dollstory.eu/contact.aspx?co ... EN&lang=EN
Alternatively you can order a 22 mm (inner diameter) T-connector, either a PVC type with thick wall thickness (fittings for glued PVC tubing as used in water treatment)
or a copper type as used in welded sanitary tubing (stronger).
Attachment:
images.jpg
images.jpg [ 4.8 KiB | Viewed 918 times ]

You can measure the hole locations on the old connector (even when its scattered) and drill them on the new replacement piece. Surely more work but much cheaper and faster :wink:
You're from the US, contact samara78 for a helping hand memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=282751

HTH,

- SF -

Click to see our Doll Album
Click to see our TDF link index
Click to see siliconefun's amazing doll team - topic link index

<<< Owning love dolls is by far more than a fine friendship, it's a true relationship >>>
 AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:01 pm 
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

nanobot wrote:
Another brief update: still no reply from 4woods. I heard from Seiko (4woods USA rep) that the factory could make the piece for a fee. I emailed them right away, but after one month I haven't heard anything.

It's especially frustrating, because I think the break was not my fault. I always moved the head very carefully, with steady firm pressure and holding the shoulder, but the neck joint was so tight that the PVC connector couldn't hold up.

Still, I am happy to pay for the new part. But now I will wait longer for one piece than if I had ordered a whole new doll!

As siliconefun tells you, I advise you to contact 4Woods Europe / Doll Story.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:25 am 
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Huzzah! At long last I have a replacement part. Hiroo Okawa himself emailed me to make the final arrangements, and two replacement T pieces just arrived.

:multi: :angel: :multi:

Which brings me to the question, now what? :-? :-? :-?

I immediately tried to install the T piece, and ran into a big problem: the connections are extremely tight, so it’s really impossible to get them in without some pounding and jiggling (giggity). I can pound the neck and spine pieces in. But for the arms there’s no good place to pound. So I will again seek some help.

Specific questions:

1. How can I insert the metal skeleton ends into the T connector? Should I try sanding the inside of the T? Should I use some kind of lubricant?

2. Once I get all the pieces back in place, how should I seal the wound? I have the 4woods silicone repair kit (which is about 1 year old now). Do I need anything else? I assume this question is answered somewhere on the forum, so maybe just a quick pointer to the thread would be enough.

3. What am I forgetting???

I’m looking forward to your great answers!

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:07 pm 
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Significant progress!

I opted to sand the inside of the new T piece, which worked like a charm. Sanding it evenly took some cleverness. I used a 3/4 inch circular dowel wrapped in 80 grit sandpaper. Once I got it inside, I twisted the sandpaper around for about a minute. That was just enough to create a perfect fit. I now have all the skeleton pieces re-attached to the T piece, with all the screws in place. On the very last one I wasn't able to get the nut on, since the space was really tight with everything else attached. But I don't think there's any risk of the screw coming loose.

Now I need to seal the wound. I just came across this excellent post from siliconefun.

viewtopic.php?f=163&t=69062

I will follow all those instructions, and hopefully Trisha will be back in full health, just in time for the weekend... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:59 pm 
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Awesome! You will be a pro in no time. And special thanks to our doll mages who deliver the best of advice for our ladies! Anung and siliconefun you guys rock!

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2