It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:15 am

Forum Rules,TOS and Privacy Policy | By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with our Rules Of Conduct, Terms Of Use and Privacy Policy.

Additional Forum Rules,TOS and Privacy Policy

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  
Search for:
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Discusion thread for GGs review of an AI S+
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:48 am 
Matrix Admin
Matrix Admin

My review
viewtopic.php?f=280&t=95925

Please put any discussions here

Someone who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the real world.

Review:
4woods.eu AI S+ Body
The girls:
Leora & Leonie (DS145)
Ebony & Ivory (Smart Dolls, 1/3)
Meet the Gang (1/6)
 AIM Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Discusion thread for GGs review of an AI S+
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:18 pm 
Active Poster
Active Poster

How does 4woods compare to DS? also what makes them so much more expensive? I am looking to get my First Doll a Sanhui and maybe upgrade to 4woods later on down the road.

【Hatsune Miku V4 English】Tell Your World 【Cover】
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI9CRInOtDI
------------------------------------------------------------------------
【Vocaloid Original】Last of Me【Megurine Luka V4X
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Skij_GE9n4
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:23 pm 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Thank you for this review. :thumbs_up:

The textured skin and range of movement of the legs sounds wonderful. :) I was interested in this doll because of the great legs and details of the hands and feet. Can you talk a bit about the shading of the body and how it compares to other dolls you've owned?

I'm a little put off by the communication slowing after you made the payment! :? And then the long delay for delivery! 8O

I thought you were very polite with your rant...
It's good to know that you have to ask for stiff jointed legs. :!: It seems like it should be stated when ordering. Sorry that the loose legs greatly hinder the picture taking ability. Not great to have to cut into a new doll but I hope there is a way to fix this. They should be getting back to you with some details... :|

AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:20 am 
Matrix Admin
Matrix Admin

thenumber3 wrote:
How does 4woods compare to DS? also what makes them so much more expensive? I am looking to get my First Doll a Sanhui and maybe upgrade to 4woods later on down the road.

L&L are DS145, 2015 and 2016 models, they are 15cm less in height so comparison is somewhat limited. I wish 4woods had the same shoulder and arms skeleton as DS.
The head connection on 4woods is safer than DS, you need a rod to "unlock" the head.
Biggest difference is skin quality and level of detail in the body itself (ribs, calfs, hips, proportions). The surface feels somehow like 1000 grain fine sanding paper and does not need frequent powdering.
As mentioned, detail in hands and feet is great.

I have bought the doll from 4woods EU, they are located in France and I did not have to pay any import fees or taxes buying from them. For me it would be a 6 hours drive to get there.
I got my first DS145 from DollStudio in 2015 and with all fees and taxes I paid 3800 € at that time. So not that much cheaper.

I think you have a good plan on your doll development, just be sure that your Sanhui is on of the textured skin models. And a 4woods bought in Japan might not have the issues mine has.

Review:
4woods.eu AI S+ Body
The girls:
Leora & Leonie (DS145)
Meet the Gang (1/6)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:37 am 
Matrix Admin
Matrix Admin

TheIQF++ wrote:
Thank you for this review. :thumbs_up:

The textured skin and range of movement of the legs sounds wonderful. :) I was interested in this doll because of the great legs and details of the hands and feet. Can you talk a bit about the shading of the body and how it compares to other dolls you've owned?

I'm a little put off by the communication slowing after you made the payment! :? And then the long delay for delivery! 8O

I thought you were very polite with your rant...
It's good to know that you have to ask for stiff jointed legs. :!: It seems like it should be stated when ordering. Sorry that the loose legs greatly hinder the picture taking ability. Not great to have to cut into a new doll but I hope there is a way to fix this. They should be getting back to you with some details... :|

The body does not have shading and imo does not need it. Shading is good if it is well done, the DS 2016 body I have has too much of it.

Communications is specific to 4woods.EU in France.

The rant is kept as objective as possible, there have been mail conversations filling 4 pages and very direct.
They state the hips cannot be adjusted without literally cutting the leg off. Having information about the hip design would at least provide evidence for that.

Review:
4woods.eu AI S+ Body
The girls:
Leora & Leonie (DS145)
Meet the Gang (1/6)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:16 pm 
Active Poster
Active Poster

Than you so much for your reply, I am looking into the Sanhui textured skin model the 158cm one. also, I live in the US and have found it harder to order a 4woods doll. and have found no other vendors or anything that sell them besides signature chain sites. The USA site order forum page after selecting all my options has no button or link to add it to the cart? I don't know if it's because they are still working on the site or not. or if I have to email them to start my order. but if that was the case how would I submit my payment? I am glad you were able to get your doll though despite all the troubles you faced. :)

【Hatsune Miku V4 English】Tell Your World 【Cover】
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI9CRInOtDI
【Vocaloid Original】Last of Me【Megurine Luka V4X
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Skij_GE9n4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:51 pm 
Matrix Admin
Matrix Admin

Well, in France it is an ancient method: print the form, fill it out manually, scan it and send it by email.
Maybe they need a "real" signature for ordering, Idk.
You are right, the ordering process stops after selecting body, face and makeup :evil:
I would just drop them a mail asking for details of the process.

Review:
4woods.eu AI S+ Body
The girls:
Leora & Leonie (DS145)
Meet the Gang (1/6)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:56 pm 

Thanks for this enlightening post! I've been tempted by that doll, but after seeing she's actually 32 kg versus the advertised 26, she's not on my list any more.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:09 pm 
Matrix Admin
Matrix Admin

If I knew before I would not have ordered her...

Review:
4woods.eu AI S+ Body
The girls:
Leora & Leonie (DS145)
Meet the Gang (1/6)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:13 pm 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

GirlsGang wrote:
If I knew before I would not have ordered her...

She is beautiful but I understand your frustrations.
GirlsGang wrote:
The body does not have shading and imo does not need it. Shading is good if it is well done, the DS 2016 body I have has too much of it.

Hmm, I love subtle red shading when done right but from the pictures of your 2016 dolls I see what you mean. I also have 2 of the same dolls but one has shading in a spot that is a bit out of place...
GirlsGang wrote:
They state the hips cannot be adjusted without literally cutting the leg off. Having information about the hip design would at least provide evidence for that.

I'm curious about that so I hope you get some info that you can share with us. Good luck to you.
Thanks for the information. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:25 am 
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Doing a ton of research is helpful. But it might not pay off every time

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:59 pm 

Hello GirlsGang,

sorry to hear that no solution was found. I read your first posts about Lorena and your issues with her. And you really have taken your time with the review, so nobody could say you were hasty. Your reaction is totally understandable because with a premium price you could expect premium quality.

My heart nearly stopped as I saw your video, when you let Lorenas leg drop. If I'd do that with my older 4woods she would instantly have a terrible tear on the upper thigh. So please be careful. How do I know? My Emma sat on the corner of the bed and fell backward on the bed because the hips are loose too. The result were two ugly tears.

I hope you still like her, because if she is like mine her hands, feet, body and face are really beautifully sculpted. You "just" need to find a way to pose her differently than Leora and Leonie and accept that she will never stand on her own. (a big drawback at that price point)

poppy

No more with me
Jeanne | 156 OR Doll 2015 ECup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:57 am 
Matrix Admin
Matrix Admin

Hi poppy,
thank you for the comments. What you described happening to Emma is my fear with Lorena during a photo shoot. In any shoot you have to support arms legs and body to be safe and that limits possible poses. I did not expect she could stand on her own but at least hold position with her legs and forearms.

Review:
4woods.eu AI S+ Body
The girls:
Leora & Leonie (DS145)
Meet the Gang (1/6)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:33 am 

Im sorry to hear this, Girlsgang. Unfortunately you are not the only one this have happened to, either. I have heard other members having the same issues with 4woods Europe/Doll Story. Poor responsive times and joint/skeleton issues. I have bought a doll from them myself and and the right hip joint and the shoulder joint was extremely overtightened, causing the pvc bones in the thigh and upper arm to break shortly after delivery. I got a new doll, but the second doll had the same issues, some joints were overtightened, but one of the knee joints were too loose, and it separated completely after a while (!) The other knee joint was too tight and almost impossible to move.
This is just completely unacceptable. For the price you pay, you expect nothing less than top notch quality. They should have a schedule for this. All nuts should be tightened with exactly the right torque, using a torque wrench. After that, all joints should be double checked carefully by another guy. This is not rocket science, its very easy to avoid these kind of problems and its just a shame they dont fix this.
I say buy your doll from 4woods Japan instead, they have much better repetation regarding both building quality and customer service.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:45 am 

Regarding your question about the hip adjustment, this CAN be done without cutting the leg off. I have done this myself but its a quite complicated proceedure. You have to make a long, deep cut from the hip and down along the outer thigh, and also a shorter cut on the other side (inside of the thigh) to reach the hip joint and adjust the nuts holding it. Of course, this will leave scars, and its not something you want to do on a brand new doll.

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next