www.funwestdoll.com

Letha from Haremlover

Lush Latex Love Dolls...Travel companions that fit in your backpack. Often ranging from $150 to $300
yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Letha from Haremlover

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

Wow that's really kool - pygmalion2 - :thumbs_up:

It is so sad that the best air dolls are now considered rare - collectibles - next to impossible to be found - :?

It is a very nice gesture from member - haremlover - :thumbs_up:

Best of luck with your Letha Weapons air doll - pygmalion2 - :angel:

Happy Trails -

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

pygmalion2, can you please , PLEASE , take many pictures and a video if possible of you as you are creating the new letha dolls ?? I hope you can !!! So please let us know okay?

terralynn

Post by terralynn »

and I got nothing

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

timetraveler1 wrote:pygmalion2, can you please , PLEASE , take many pictures and a video if possible of you as you are creating the new letha dolls ?? I hope you can !!! So please let us know okay?
I am only an amateur and I am not sure I will be able to make worthwhile dolls. So, the short answer is no.
Check out the pro's on you tube. You will learn alot more from them. I've posted 3 of my favorites.
http://www.youtube.com/user/brickintheyard
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfaq-2udXbx8BNbuzRvc5sg
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1rKAv7IwCeynqa9MPNfYaA

Mark and the Synthetiks
<em>I know the good artist</em>

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

Thanks for the video links , i saved them and will check them out! :D

Buick225
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Buick225 »

Letha looks like a very durable doll. It has a nice pleasant shape and those famous boobs are fantastic. Thanks for the pics Pygmalion2.

robertintexas

Post by robertintexas »

Where is haremlover ? I'm sure he could help with any questions ..
I haven't seen him around lately and wondering where he is ??
Does anyone know ??
Thanks
Robert

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Hi robertintexas
Haremlover is mostly on the UK doll forums http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/
You have to register to gain access.

Mark and the Synthetiks

maybe2fast4u
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by maybe2fast4u »

What is the progress of the cloning project for a new Letha?

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

i am wondering the same thing that maybe2fast4u asked , how is the cloning of the letha doll coming a long ?? it's got very quiet , is it secret is this transparency from the government ?? LOL! 8O

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Nothing yet.

The original method that I think the Letha dolls were originally made would be very expensive to reproduce.
The latex tank for example that the full body mold would be dipped into would have to be the height of the doll say five and 1/2 feet
by 3 feet by 2 feet deep. This tank would be 33 cu ft. To fill that with latex for the dip would cost at a bulk rate of 156 CND for 5 gallons
add HST and it would cost about 8800 CND just to fill the tank with latex. Add the cost of making the tank; circulating pump; overhead
rails for holding the mold; pre dip tank for the coagulant; heating room for setting the latex and this method becomes 50K to get started.

So, I am looking at other less expensive ways.

Slip casting is looking more attractive. This is the method the head is made anyways. How to adapt it to the body is the question.

I think I have just touched the tip of the iceberg - probably why there is only one latex doll manufacturer left on the planet. :?

Just my ranting

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

Let Poupee clone her....
so the doll will survive. :D

sorry bad english

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

TO probably clone the doll for a "mass " production ( am not just talking about making a few to sell to members here ) puopee company would probably have to get the rights to the mold ?
Having said that , the poupee company would be the best chance for this doll to survive in mass production once again , i imagine if they made the doll it wouldn't have the same original thickness , as their own dolls are thinner material (probably to save on cost ) .
Perhaps it would be a good idea for someone or many people with interest , to contact the french poupee company and ask them if they are interested in trying to keep this doll going in production , but even if they did i would imagine do to this doll being a lot bigger then the french poupee doll they do , and their doll is around 500 dollars , the letha doll would cost close to 1,000 dollars ( just my opinion ).
showing pictures of the doll and maybe offering to send them a doll to make the mold from (if the doll isn't damaged and maybe for a price or to get a free one back in return ). maybe the french poupee doll company may be interested . Just a thought ! :D

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

200 Euro for poupee :oops:

solitaryman2414

Post by solitaryman2414 »

Pygmallion2:
Yes the letha body is dip cast and the head is slush casted, but if I were to do this remake of the doll I would do a slush cast on the whole doll. First make a 2 peice mold of the body reinforced with fibgerglass then spray mold backing with foam for support so when you fill the mold with latex the mold won't break, when you can leave the latex in mold until you get the thickness you desire, then pour out the excess latex, but leave upside down to let excees latex drain until dry, it takes about aday to cure before demolding, so you will need at least two to three mold to get three dolls a day. If you heat the mold you might be able to demold same day, then in the mean time you can remove the parting line while the other molds cure, but you will still need about 50 gallons of latex to do this and still this way the mold will weight about 150 to 300 lbs. I made a slush mold for a 30'' ideal doll mold and it was about 35'' long and it weighted about 50 lbs, so it could be alot more the I said above and maybe more like 400 lbs. Good luck, and I hope this helps.

INFORMATIONS