www.irontechdoll.com

REQUEST: about product photos... what do You think?

Irontech Doll brand, is owned and operated by Shenzhen Iron Technology Co.,Ltd. Various new designs and updates on craftsmanship arise here all the time. We keep improving on the design, doll craftsmanship and other details. We know that only great work can meet the customers' demand for beauty.
manfredixon
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

REQUEST: about product photos... what do You think?

Post by manfredixon »

A common problem I find with doll manufacturers in general is that it's very difficult to compare different size/models/body shapes, etc. This is mainly due to lack of comparable product photos.

The poses, outfits and all that are great for demo purposes and to catch the consumers attention, but when it comes to deciding which one you want to purchase out of the bunch, it's near impossible and honestly a bit of a gamble.

So, if I could request something from ALL manufacturers (but maybe IronTech in particular, as they're currently my favourite for many reasons); why don't you take a few basic images with the doll simply standing up straight, arms slightly out so you can see the full body but without posing:

* one from the front
* one from the back
* one from the side

...and have them on the website in high resolution under each corresponding category?

Same goes with heads, perhaps two images; one straight on and one from the side or 45 degree angle. Maybe put a generic wig on their head and a tiny bit of makeup, but if we could see each face in at least medium resolution, side by side, that'd also be a HUGE help!

Something like this, but high resolution and another background:

Does anyone agree with me?

Cheers
Fred
MFDX.SE WEBSITE & YOUTUBE >> YES! Doll photo sets and videos - go watch!

Currently doll-less! Past companions: 155cm Siluomei, 140cm Siluomei, 155cm IronTech, WMDoll 162B, XY Doll 168B, XY Doll 148D, Starpery 169C, Starpery 171A
Photo galleries: XY Doll gallery 1 - Gallery addition 1 - Gallery addition 2

amytyl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: REQUEST: about product photos... what do You think?

Post by amytyl »

I totally agree! There are parts of the body where proportion matters to some people (calves and rib cage in my case) and it can be difficult to determine without combing through a million different pictures.
For more pics of my beautiful companions see: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14498

The Messenger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by The Messenger »

I agree,
I've ready many other members request this same sort of thing.
I even suggested that TDF members could start their own database as a member resource.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=100757&p=1337080#p1337080
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=98918&p=1298424&hi ... e#p1298424
we could submit images like the one you made of your doll.
I did something similar.
IMG_4759 turn copy.jpg
IMG_4759 turn copy.jpg (2.24 MiB) Viewed 2061 times
There are some sites that do something like that, like DSDolls.
https://www.dsdoll.us/products/bodies#d168cm
158cmDollDetail_01.jpg
158cmDollDetail_01.jpg (55.67 KiB) Viewed 2061 times
Zenobia - WM163 H-cup - Eye Candy - 10 Week Journal
Mavia - D4E165 I-cup - Eye Candy
BFF!
Instagram

Dollsampler
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dollsampler »

I agree that this could help.
However so far the problems I had with almost any doll I was interested to buy come from the fact the manufacturers or resellers measurements tables are mostly inaccurate somewhere and or are omiting some important measurements.Furthermore some measure the shoulders width at the cross, many others overall (far better)l, some measure the legs lenght outside the thigh (hips to heel) while most measure the inner thigh lenght (far better). Some measurements are not correct also and the worses for obvious reasons are the weight of the doll and her real height.
Consequently if measurements are false or not taken with a standard method or are missing I find it difficult to judge the real volumes of the body on the basis of pictures which most of the time are nevertheless distorting the reality .

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Do you like slow spinning videos?
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

This is a really good idea.

Maybe a decade ago, Abyss offered a feature on its website (done with Flash, I believe) that allowed you to configure a doll by choosing the body, skin tone, face, wig, eye color, etc., so that by the time you were done you had a rendering of the doll you were about to purchase.

I can't recall with certainty, but it *might* have offered this kind of 360 view. In any event, it was excellent and is much missed. Slow spinning videos of a doll's physique would offer something similar.
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

MakeLoveNotWar

Post by MakeLoveNotWar »

Front, side and back shots should be the very least to expect imo.

Dollsclub has an excellent 3d viewer with zoom for inspiration: https://www.dollsclub.com/135cm-classic ... 0641?c=166

RainKing
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RainKing »

Great Idea. I also would like to see an average sized person standing next to one for an actual real world size compare. My 157b looked a lot larger in the pictures. But then I am a big guy, and 6ft tall so, they all look small next to me LOL!
MDBG
Formerly known as SillyconeLover (it was only for a week)

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

MakeLoveNotWar wrote:Front, side and back shots should be the very least to expect imo.

Dollsclub has an excellent 3d viewer with zoom for inspiration: https://www.dollsclub.com/135cm-classic ... 0641?c=166
Yes they put a lot of effort into presentation. This is what i actually expect to see from the manufacturer.

manfredixon
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by manfredixon »

Thanks for all the replies and feedback! Perhaps I should've posted this in a more global section and not just the IronTech subforum, but anyway...

A rotating GIF or something similar would be nice, sure, it would give an honest idea of what the doll looks like. But honestly I'd be more interested just plain, simple hi-res photos.

This would be super easy to set up too. Just find a white or lightly colored wall and glue a tape measure onto it. Mark two spots on the floor so that the dolls always stand in the exact same spot, and lastly put a stationary camera on a fixed tripod so that the pictures are always taken with the exact same framing, distance, etc. Or just put a smart phone mount on the tripod and use that instead. Perhaps you could even put a scale on the floor; that way you'd get the weight too. If it were to have a separate display you could even put that on the wall and you'd get all necessary info in one picture.

With the tape measure (or simply marks painted on the wall even) you could also take a photo of yourself and photoshop it into the picture to get an idea of how big the doll is compared to you... the possibilities are endless :mrgreen:
MFDX.SE WEBSITE & YOUTUBE >> YES! Doll photo sets and videos - go watch!

Currently doll-less! Past companions: 155cm Siluomei, 140cm Siluomei, 155cm IronTech, WMDoll 162B, XY Doll 168B, XY Doll 148D, Starpery 169C, Starpery 171A
Photo galleries: XY Doll gallery 1 - Gallery addition 1 - Gallery addition 2

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Tsall »

manfredixon wrote:This would be super easy to set up too. Just find a white or lightly colored wall and glue a tape measure onto it. Mark two spots on the floor so that the dolls always stand in the exact same spot, and lastly put a stationary camera on a fixed tripod so that the pictures are always taken with the exact same framing, distance, etc. Or just put a smart phone mount on the tripod and use that instead. Perhaps you could even put a scale on the floor; that way you'd get the weight too. If it were to have a separate display you could even put that on the wall and you'd get all necessary info in one picture.
Yes, these are the most important criteria!

Perfect would be a 18% gray background or a so called graycard somewhere in the picture and always the same lighting. So no natural sunlight because this changes from day to day. It must always be the same artificial light. With the graycard and the same light the white balance and brightness can be adjusted to the same level and therefore skin colors will be comparable.
Mara (Dreamdoll Tania) - holiday trip (outdoor photos) and introduction
Lucia (Passiondolls 160cm Muscle Doll) - introduction and photos
Keira (Phicen Arhian Pirate) - outdoor adventures

james 1966
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james 1966 »

The manufacturers and vendors are obsessed with trying to make the dolls look as human as possible with their high resolution photography and clothing (dolls in lingerie and boy shorts, etc.) This has annoyed me for years. I believe it's almost false advertising. On their website the dolls look so real, and when you open the box after delivery who get a double dose of reality. Buyers remorse sets in and the doll goes up for sale on this forum with guys begging you to buy their doll at a fraction of what they paid, making up crazy excuses like... I'm moving...it's too heavy...girlfriend doesn't approve...lost my job...dolls aren't for me...and my all time favorite...the doll was never used for sex...gotta love that one. You're going to buy a 2K lovedoll after weeks or months of deliberation, wait in anticipation for weeks, rip open the box with your hands shaking and sweat on your forehead and not try it out? But I digress..... :razz:

MrVitalic
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by MrVitalic »

james 1966 wrote:The manufacturers and vendors are obsessed with trying to make the dolls look as human as possible with their high resolution photography and clothing (dolls in lingerie and boy shorts, etc.) This has annoyed me for years. I believe it's almost false advertising. On their website the dolls look so real, and when you open the box after delivery who get a double dose of reality. Buyers remorse sets in and the doll goes up for sale on this forum with guys begging you to buy their doll at a fraction of what they paid, making up crazy excuses like... I'm moving...it's too heavy...girlfriend doesn't approve...lost my job...dolls aren't for me...and my all time favorite...the doll was never used for sex...gotta love that one. You're going to buy a 2K lovedoll after weeks or months of deliberation, wait in anticipation for weeks, rip open the box with your hands shaking and sweat on your forehead and not try it out? But I digress..... :razz:
that comment is gold. You made me laf a lot, thank you sir. Yes there picture look really real, but if you take your time, a doll can look as good in person. But I agree, its a bit off putting when you first open the box.
Dolls are awesome ! :glou:

- Marianne wm157b/head 159 from BCD ❤❤❤

Favorite song or mix atm, this change in a heartbeat.

The Messenger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by The Messenger »

MakeLoveNotWar wrote:Front, side and back shots should be the very least to expect imo.
I never seen that before. That's a great idea. thanks for posting it.
Zenobia - WM163 H-cup - Eye Candy - 10 Week Journal
Mavia - D4E165 I-cup - Eye Candy
BFF!
Instagram

INFORMATIONS