www.6yedollglobal.com/

Cleaning with Soap + Water is producing yucky things.

6Ye is an all time ready & customer-centric team offering beautiful, realistic and soulful looking sex dolls. Our hand-crafted dolls are a piece of art for us. We have been in the business over 4 years, serving customers all over the world. We do not handle retail sales. Please feel free to inquire for our dolls, then purchase from our authorized resellers.
HV3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cleaning with Soap + Water is producing yucky things.

Post by HV3 »

New 164D - Week 2, Soap & Water clean.

So I finally stopped being lazy and got things setup to clean her according to viewtopic.php?f=267&t=88389 as work picked up and I just didnt have the time to do anything since she was delivered.

I am not understanding how to clean the soap/water off with a towel because when I rub/clean her, using my hands as a cloth or sponge just feels abrasive, I'm dragging up all this "dirt" its not dark, its mostly just weird white pieces.

As my doll is Caucasian am I rubbing too hard? is there something in my soap that is peeling off a thin layer as I scrub(mostly massaging), it's just normal soap, it may be aloe infused, I cant pick this up with a towel, I need to wet my hands with just water and wipe once to pickup all/most of this white stuff, multiple passes with wet hands to scoop up most of it.

Is this by any chance the "production" stuff you MUST clean off, I really hope its the latter and not micro-tpe chips. I'll try to post an image if I can, Just curious as to what all this white stuff is and why it mildly resembles when you get glue on your hands and if you let it dry a bit and then rub with friction, you can "roll" the glue off, this is practically the same thing, its these "rolls" but of course wet with the soap+water so its white and chunky.

I must clear up that after 7-8 passes of soap+water and wet hands, no more of the stuff is produced, does that means its some dried on "production" stuff that Im hydrating and rubbing off.

smallcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Cleaning with Soap + Water is producing yucky things.

Post by smallcat »

huh thats a good one.

THat production stuff is easy to wipe off with shower head wand and cleaning cloth. I use soft side of microfiber cloth(car shining type of cloth), I rarely scrub, I try to slide with soap(handsoap). Doll is easy to dry without making a mess with towels, just wring out all the water out of the same cleaning cloth and dry her with same cloth :) in shower.
While I don't have a newer ye, have a older one, and other tpe dolls. Havent had issues like this.

I remember some sorta dirty/gunk, blackish>? maybe I forget, which was hard to get out of my 1st copy doll of ever owning. I've seen this on normal dolls as well, see people make issues of, I only seen it that one time on my doll.

Unless that thin layer is that anti powder coating perhaps? From what another tdf person mentions that you would still need to powder anyway, since it doesnt last forever.

I can't say for certain, was only making a observation.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I've been cleaning my doll with a teaspoon of Dawn dish soap in a couple quarts of warm water since she was new. Almost 2 years now with no issues. I just do a standing sponge bath with an ordinary terry wash cloth, rinsing frequently. Initially took several cleanings like that to get all the factory muck off.

Unwritten
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Unwritten »

Just a guess here but are you powdering her a lot? Could it be excess clean powder? You could try mixing powder with a little soap and water to see if you get the same white stuff. Other than that I don't know what it could be.

HV3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by HV3 »

Unwritten wrote:Just a guess here but are you powdering her a lot? Could it be excess clean powder? You could try mixing powder with a little soap and water to see if you get the same white stuff. Other than that I don't know what it could be.
First contact with water, I have not even oiled her for the 1st time yet.
Mr Franz wrote:I've been cleaning my doll with a teaspoon of Dawn dish soap in a couple quarts of warm water since she was new. Almost 2 years now with no issues. I just do a standing sponge bath with an ordinary terry wash cloth, rinsing frequently. Initially took several cleanings like that to get all the factory muck off.
Sponge bath, as I have not tried yet as (I dont have a single sponge in the apt, only dish washing "sponge" has steel-wool like texture to clean dishes) does rubbing here with a normal sponge not produce abrasions? or do you have to make sure she's really soapy so the sponge glides over near frictionless.
Just spent $3,000 and am real cautions not to damage her doing some rookie mistake like "using the sponge incorrectly and it adds tons of abrasions on her skin" like I accidentally did with a clothes measuring tape; was measuring her sizes to make sure what clothing will fit and after tying it around to measure the waist (on the bed) I yanked the tape to measure something else, not realizing that it caused a skin abrasion that goes around her back. Clothes Measuring Tape is usually made of plastic/rubber to make it flexible. Now she has this nasty looking "burn mark" that goes across her back.
smallcat wrote:quote
After this post I did a bit of searching and learned about how you have to clean the baby powder off before re-oils. Putting 2 and 2 together, I assume this white gunk is really just the factory powder that is being cleaned off, as the powder doesnt dissolve its just clumping together with other chems and dust/dirt that may be on her skin.
Really hoping this is all it is.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Is she the new TPE or the older TPE?
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

HV3 wrote:
Mr Franz wrote:I've been cleaning my doll with a teaspoon of Dawn dish soap in a couple quarts of warm water since she was new. Almost 2 years now with no issues. I just do a standing sponge bath with an ordinary terry wash cloth, rinsing frequently. Initially took several cleanings like that to get all the factory muck off.
Sponge bath, as I have not tried yet as (I dont have a single sponge in the apt, only dish washing "sponge" has steel-wool like texture to clean dishes) does rubbing here with a normal sponge not produce abrasions? or do you have to make sure she's really soapy so the sponge glides over near frictionless.
Sponge bath just refers to hand washing as apposed to showering. You don't necessarily have to use a sponge. I have done so, but these days as I said, I just use a regular terry wash cloth. You don't really have to scrub or anything like that, I just dip the wash cloth in the water/Dawn solution, wring out and gently wipe one section at a time, dip the cloth in the water again wring out and repeat. Especially dirty areas I may go over several times, but never do I actually bear down or scrub. I just let the soap do the work. I do that with my doll standing on a plastic trash bag as it's easier for me to maneuver that way. Once clean, I pat her dry with an ordinary towel, then stand her on a dry towel for a while to air dry further before a light dusting with powder or baby oil rub if it's time for that, then powder.

HV3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by HV3 »

Heres what I am talking about.

And shes the 6YE 164D (Super curvy queen) so I think its the new tpe as this one came out in 2017-2018

Its not a blue light. just a LED flashlight as Flash doesnt allow these white specks show up on image.

I have been at this all weekend, of course taking breaks here and there to go do other things as I wasnt sure at the time if the white stuff was good to remove or not.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Just wanted to make sure you did not get the new LOW maintenance TPE.
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Looks like powder residue or lint from a towel or clothing. Powder residue usually wipes off fairly easy, but lint and such will sometimes stick to unpowdered TPE.

HV3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by HV3 »

Mr Franz wrote:Looks like powder residue or lint from a towel or clothing. Powder residue usually wipes off fairly easy, but lint and such will sometimes stick to unpowdered TPE.
I dont know if I have poor quality micro-fiber cloth but every time I try to "wipe" off, it just adds more lint to which I then need to wash off with water (many times to get all the lint off)

Is there any damage or issue with leaving her naked in the bathroom? She's been there since Friday.

recently renovated bathroom, shes on a wooden chair with a bed wetting blanket to prefect the water from touching the chair.
(the blanket's not for me. It was cheaper than getting a waterproof tarp, plus it looks homey instead of sitting her on a junky tarp, not even sure if there would be colour transfer)

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Not sure about bathroom storage. If it's damp and steamy in there, that might just be your problem. In any case, it's not good to have them sit too long. Could cause flat spots and compression marks. If you have the standing feet, you could just stand her up leaning against or touching something for balance. That's how I keep my doll 24/7, but fully dressed. If no standing feet, laying flat on a thick foam pad or hanging would be best.

The other issue is sounding more and more like lint. I'd give her another wash (maybe use a different cloth) pat her completely dry then dust lightly with powder or cornstarch. Large make-up brushes work great for that.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Do NOT LEAVE A 6YE doll seated!
-princeoverit
-Just in time

Mon Amour Toujour
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Mon Amour Toujour »

HV3 wrote:Heres what I am talking about.

And shes the 6YE 164D (Super curvy queen) so I think its the new tpe as this one came out in 2017-2018

Its not a blue light. just a LED flashlight as Flash doesnt allow these white specks show up on image.

I have been at this all weekend, of course taking breaks here and there to go do other things as I wasnt sure at the time if the white stuff was good to remove or not.
When did you buy her? This will determine if you have the no-powder TPE.

I would assume she's dry by now, lol. Have you noticed any sticky spots on the TPE surface?

I would advise against oiling, just sayin'.
Email:info@FreelovedollHouse.com
http://www.freelovedollhouse.com/
We only provide quality dolls to our customers! If you are ordering dolls for the first time, then choosing us is a good guarantee for you!

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

One way to tell is to gather some of the stuff up place it into a ashtray away from anything flammable like your doll and try to burn it it it gives off a rubber type burning smell or black smoke then it is TPE pealing from the soap you used or to much friction when cleaning drying or rubbing. It looks like lint or cloth fibers of some type to me.

INFORMATIONS