http://www.climax-doll.com/

Should Climax doll make an elf face?

Your Life, Our ClimaxDoll. (Located in the China,Zhongshan City,Welcome) Maker of TPE love dolls.
MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Should Climax doll make an elf face?

Post by MannyCan »

First of all, yes.

Just an observation - a lot of manufacturers have just been slapping some pointy ears on human heads and calling them elf heads. Now .. I know that elves are not real - so there is no legitimate claim to how a an elf head should look. I get that.

But following some time-honor lore should seem like a reasonable expectation. I would take my description from Tolkien lore. That's just my suggestion.
Elf_Example_02.jpg
Elf_Example_02.jpg (254.63 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
Specifically - Elves women have high cheek bones and slender faces. Very slender noses with nearly no bridge. In addition to pointy ears, their eyes should be slightly larger and set slight angled, almond-shaped.
Elf_Example_03.jpg
Elf_Example_03.jpg (253.58 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
Elves are supposedly descendant from Fae and considered "high borne". Their looks should reflect that.
Elf_Example_01.jpg
Elf_Example_01.jpg (226.01 KiB) Viewed 1203 times
Just another free .02 from
MannyCan

PS - of the three examples I like the first one the best (the red hair always gets me).

Dyolf

Post by Dyolf »

Personally, I'm not so sure that the elven look is really the best way to go for Climax. Classic fantasy elves are also depicted as tall and slender, with a willowy grace. Now, to be sure, Climax does have a few doll designs that fit that definition. However, their more recent releases trend towards hourglass figures and fantastical curves. You put an elf head on that and you have not a Tolkien elf but a hentai elf (which is just an outrageously well-proportioned human woman with pointy ears). While there's nothing technically wrong with that, I would like to point out that it has already been done by other manufacturers, and the best vendors will actually "mix and match" different mfr's bodies and heads to create an elf if you want one.

Let's think outside the box, just a little, and at the same time fill a need. Climax's Una body type only has two head styles that are available. That number needs some expansion, but the body style really doesn't say elf to me. I, of course, stated that I was interested in a goblin head with a matching green skin tone option for both the head and the body, but that's not the only potential design that would work for the 100 cm body. Let's do something different from what everyone else is doing, and see if there's a niche.
"There is no spoon."

"...Makes it really hard to eat cereal."

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

Dyolf is spot on. If you're not willing to make a good body to compliment the head , then DON'T DO AN ELF HEAD.

"Classical" elves are slender.
Elf_Example_04.jpg
Elf_Example_04.jpg (161.59 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
Slender shoulders.
Lean and long midsection (this is very important)
Long legs.
"Ample" breasts are ok.
BUT NO MEGA TITS and Butts!

Dyolf, your comment nailed it.

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

FAP! FAP! FAP!

Dyolf

Post by Dyolf »

The 175 cm, the 165 cm, and maybe the 158 cm (although that's pushing the "ample" curve away from the "slender" line, so to speak) could qualify as Tolkienesque elves with the right kind of head. I guess it's doable, but the real question is whether or not it's profitable. Climax is trending towards more robust body designs right now, so will the lure of an elven head design cause prospective buyers to take a second look at the taller, slender body types Climax already has molds for?

(By the way, thanks, MannyCan. It's rare I ever hit the nail on the head with anything I do or say, so I think I'll savor this.)
"There is no spoon."

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

Right on Dyolf!

I also agree on the 100cm comment IF (1) they can make in look good proportionally. I really dislike the small dolls that end up with huge heads and awkward proportions. Just take a well proportioned, slender figure and make is smaller. Then (2) they don't make it look like a little kid. That just creeps me the heck out. But a well done 100cm model with adult features could be amazing!

Dyolf

Post by Dyolf »

Hmm, I'm less sure about proportions on a doll that's only a smidge over three feet tall. It has to be incredibly difficult to design something that small while ensuring that it maintains both a mature appearance and normal human proportions relative to size. When you get down to 100 cm, it may be impossible to maintain proportionality without the overall appearance becoming childlike. As a result, curves end up getting exaggerated. The torso gets modified to compensate for the additional curves, but the length of the arms and legs remain unchanged. The body becomes disproportionate. Depending on how far you push it you can end up with a body design like Climax's 100 cm Una. With the right outfit and the Una Kaine head, you have a (very well-endowed) Halfling woman. With the Una Carha head and the right outfit, you could have a (again, very well-endowed) dwarven woman.
Unfortunately, with a more proportionate 100 cm body and an elven head (especially if the ears are covered in any way) you could have a lawsuit.
"There is no spoon."

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

That's an interesting point. I guess you'd have to develop the skeleton system from the ground up with that proportions in mind.

Its like a 165cm doll just shrunk in all dimensions to 100cm.

INFORMATIONS