betterlovedoll.com

WARNING: To buyers of young looking dolls

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Re: WARNING: To buyers of young looking dolls

Post by Nescio50 »

rubherkitty wrote:I do not believe the laws of the Commonwealth and the US are the same regarding doll imports.
The USA also has better package privacy rights as well.
So what's better in regards to privacy rights?
I don't know about Commonwealth, I don't think they have common legislation ... and as long as the UK is part of EU, it's EU regulations for them. I'm quite knowledgeable in regards to data protection and privacy laws in the EU. They are different from US privacy laws, having a different basis. I really doubt your statement in regards to package privacy, unless international shipments are compared to domestic shipments. International shipments are much more subject to inspection than domestic shipments.

Back on topic, in regards to the issue discussed here, see my previous post, just be sure that the doll you buy applies to regulations in your country.

violette_22
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by violette_22 »

Nescio50 wrote:I agree with Violette, in case a doll package is checked and the face is regarded child-like, the doll is suspicious. A small doll with a child-like face may be subject to confiscation, fantasy breasts won't change this. To have a doll (person) to look adult, face is key, probably next is the head/body-ratio (but if the head is detached this is not that clear), then it's thighs, hips, waist. Also length of legs/length of body ratio is important.
Somewhat...... it depends on how it's packaged and the regulations of the receiving region. Many love dolls are packaged with the head thoroughly wrapped inside the box and detached from the body. So, immediately upon the opening of the box the first thing that is quick to catch anyone's eye is the height and bust on a female doll body. The human face tells a lot about age, gender, health and ethnicity. Humans are most familiar with this feature and intrinsically react to faces where just any one other feature is secondary. I would very much like for faces of love dolls in packages to be considered primarily, but unfortunately that is not the case everywhere. There is one vendor that handles imports in a certain English-speaking country that will only import dolls if they meet specific legal requirements. Below is the text directly from their site. I'm editing the name of that country because I don't want any other members to get an idea I am targeting them, their home or trying to make them feel badly. I certainly don't want anyone to get into trouble, so this is why I want to share the information.

Are sex dolls illegal in ---------?

Absolutely not. What is illegal however are dolls that appear too young, these kinds of dolls are highly illegal in --------- and for very obvious reasons.
The dolls we sell are only tall with adult breasts. That's it. We do not and never will sell anything too short or even remotely similar to such in nature so please do not ask us or inquire for such dolls. If you purchase anything elsewhere that you may think could be controversial even slightly then you run a major risk of being prosecuted.

Also, odd thing about imports into the US. If the Declaration says DOLL or TOY.... then you don't pay import taxes. At least, I never have.
Anatomically Correct Adult Doll owner since 2013, Dollhouse miniaturist since 2009, lifetime fan of dolls!!!

jkh0208
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jkh0208 »

violette_22 wrote:
Nescio50 wrote:I agree with Violette, in case a doll package is checked and the face is regarded child-like, the doll is suspicious. A small doll with a child-like face may be subject to confiscation, fantasy breasts won't change this. To have a doll (person) to look adult, face is key, probably next is the head/body-ratio (but if the head is detached this is not that clear), then it's thighs, hips, waist. Also length of legs/length of body ratio is important.
Somewhat...... it depends on how it's packaged and the regulations of the receiving region. Many love dolls are packaged with the head thoroughly wrapped inside the box and detached from the body. So, immediately upon the opening of the box the first thing that is quick to catch anyone's eye is the height and bust on a female doll body. The human face tells a lot about age, gender, health and ethnicity. Humans are most familiar with this feature and intrinsically react to faces where just any one other feature is secondary. I would very much like for faces of love dolls in packages to be considered primarily, but unfortunately that is not the case everywhere. There is one vendor that handles imports in a certain English-speaking country that will only import dolls if they meet specific legal requirements. Below is the text directly from their site. I'm editing the name of that country because I don't want any other members to get an idea I am targeting them, their home or trying to make them feel badly. I certainly don't want anyone to get into trouble, so this is why I want to share the information.

Are sex dolls illegal in ---------?

Absolutely not. What is illegal however are dolls that appear too young, these kinds of dolls are highly illegal in --------- and for very obvious reasons.
The dolls we sell are only tall with adult breasts. That's it. We do not and never will sell anything too short or even remotely similar to such in nature so please do not ask us or inquire for such dolls. If you purchase anything elsewhere that you may think could be controversial even slightly then you run a major risk of being prosecuted.

Also, odd thing about imports into the US. If the Declaration says DOLL or TOY.... then you don't pay import taxes. At least, I never have.
What exactly are "adult breasts"? A good friend of mine is practically flat-chested and is in her 30s. Does this insinuate that she has "child breasts"? She already self conscious enough about her breast size, and someone telling her a doll could not legally be made to favor her since she doesn't have "adult breasts" would be quite upsetting to her.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

jkh0208 wrote:What exactly are "adult breasts"? A good friend of mine is practically flat-chested and is in her 30s. Does this insinuate that she has "child breasts"? She already self conscious enough about her breast size, and someone telling her a doll could not legally be made to favor her since she doesn't have "adult breasts" would be quite upsetting to her.
Humans can proof their age, dolls can't. We do know that there are adult humans looking really young, we know that there are underage humans looking adult. To put an age to a doll we have to compare to the more average human.
We don't look at breasts only, it's the full body: thighs, hips, waist, breasts, face, body/head-ratio, ...
There's a difference between small breasted and flat chested. From all dolls I've seen, the flat-chested dolls often also had other child-like features, like a child-like face. In most cases small breasted dolls are fine, if other features are adult-like too.

Maddmatts
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Maddmatts »

No one wants to insinuate that. But I would agree that they should've worded that as 'large' instead of 'adult'.

Until affected governments can be successfully petitioned for stronger definitions on what is considered obscene material (love-dolls specifically), consumers will just get stuck with a thick fog of uncertainty over certain sizes/figures.

I just read through Canada's CBSA memorandum on classification of obscene material (D9-1-1), while it was a fascinating read, this excerpt shows how difficult strengthening definitions would likely be in this region:

"12. The courts have found that some of the material that the CBSA deals with is quite complex and difficult to evaluate. Since attempts to provide exhaustive instances of obscenity have failed, the only practical alternative for the courts was to strive towards a more abstract definition of obscenity that is contextually sensitive."

However, Appendix A allows for importers to have an agent perform an advance review of a sample before attempting to import something. While they're likely to ignore individuals, a vendor/manufacturer might be able to get through and get more concrete answers.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Welcome to TDF Maddmatts :glou:

I wonder how the Canadian courts will feel about it citizens owning and having sexual pleasure with rubber human animals hybrids, aliens, elves, devils, etc? And wait until they have AI & robotics! 8O
Should be a fun ride. :lol:
Attachments
pig woman.jpg
pig woman.jpg (156.76 KiB) Viewed 86795 times
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

While I am all for supporting Devils, let us get back on topic for age perception being the determining and limiting factor for objectionable material and litigation.

Alternative species dolls is another topic well covered here, and at this time they not be declared as objectionable.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

reilynn
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by reilynn »

As somebody new to this, looking to buy their first, and having read some of this discussion...Face seems to play a big part...but I'm curious if there is a height minimum they might be looking for? Like the idea of a 100cm doll was appealing, solely based on weight, though after seeing a video of it, I was pretty sure that wasn't going to work for me.

I'm considering a 140cm, which seems really common and I like the weight/height combo over all, but then there's a 135 and 130 I like, but I wonder if that's getting to short...face/breasts/etc aside...

violette_22
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by violette_22 »

@reilynn A lot of the lighter weight shorter dolls seen on TDF are still very much proportionate. As far as height for imports go, that depends on your region. The rest is up to personal preference.
Anatomically Correct Adult Doll owner since 2013, Dollhouse miniaturist since 2009, lifetime fan of dolls!!!

reilynn
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by reilynn »

Thanks, I guess I should fill in my general location so people know when helping me, hahaha. it's west coast USA

Unknown03
Former Member

Post by Unknown03 »

I have a 130cm doll with appropriate adult body proportions, live in the usa, and had no trouble getting her shipped from China via FedEx last Sept. As others have said, I have to be careful how I present her in terms of clothes, props, hair, etc., but as long as she is presented as a scaled down young adult (18+), everything is fine.

Pussychatte

Post by Pussychatte »

Hi, I'm looking to buy a small doll (130-145 cm) because I have very little room to store it in my small apartment and I will have to hide it from friends... I live in Switzerland. I do not know if there is feedback from someone who bought a small doll from here.
By the way, do you think that sending the head separatly from the body could change something (because without head it makes a little harder to determine the age) ?

I remember that someone told that as a rule to the avoid risks, it is better to choose a 140+ doll with a mature head.

Wmdollfan

Post by Wmdollfan »

Would it be a safer bet to ask the head and body to be shipped seperately a different times? If the body is obviously adult in proportion and the head is just a head I imagine passing customs in any country would be much easier.

Pussychatte

Post by Pussychatte »

Wmdollfan wrote:Would it be a safer bet to ask the head and body to be shipped seperately a different times? If the body is obviously adult in proportion and the head is just a head I imagine passing customs in any country would be much easier.
My idea is that age is harder to determined when only seeing the body or head alone. And a body with a head cannot really look underage if it has adult proportion. And a head alone cannot be forbidden because it is nothing sexual....

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

If you’re worried about importing a certain doll directly I would recommend going to a local vendor. Vendors import dolls all the time and, as such, are dealing with customs on a daily basis. One of the ‘issues’ with importing direct from China is that Chinese business practices make sense to them but not to the West! They will often have so many middle men from factory to shipment the package can often only declare ‘factory gate’ values which are ridiculously low!

These low values on the package can attract attention at customs as the customs officers know damn well a package weighing 70 pounds or more is not going to be worth just a few hundred bucks! Once stopped and inspected their suspicions are already aroused!

Pussychatte, I would have a word with someone like Sandro at DollStudio if I were you! He deals with all over Europe! Yeah, it might be a little more than dealing directly but the peace of mind is worth more than that!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

INFORMATIONS