Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Indents on doll?

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

RussMeyerFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Indents on doll?

Post by RussMeyerFan »

I have only had my doll a few weeks but I have noticed a few little indentations on her "skin". There is a small indentation (maybe a cm at most) in her chest (about half between her bellybutton and right breast). The other day I noticed she got some indentations on the bottom of her feet (perhaps from her toes curling into them when I had her face down?). Luckily these indents are not awful or unsightly but will they ever go away?

What are some tips for moving her around in the future?

Sotaichou
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Indents on doll?

Post by Sotaichou »

photos would be nice if you could share so we can see how they look.

moving around:
office chair w/ wheels.
wheelchair.
bridle carry bent at elbows/knees.
the doll stand (if it's possible to just slide the stand while doll is on it. the custom stand I'm using is able to do that.)

/g'day.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Want to see more shots of me ladies?...Head to: The Doll Album | The K TEAM Thread | Karamina's Thread | The Kyanna Project

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

With silicone dolls its very important to massage any dents as soon as you see them till they go away. Silicone wants to return to its as cast shape, but sometimes needs a little help to get back to that shape. The longer the dents are left in, the more the silicone will remember them.

Just massage/pinch/etc the silicone, careful not to tear/damage it, basically just lightly stretch/compress it.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

RussMeyerFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by RussMeyerFan »

DarkOne wrote:With silicone dolls its very important to massage any dents as soon as you see them till they go away. Silicone wants to return to its as cast shape, but sometimes needs a little help to get back to that shape. The longer the dents are left in, the more the silicone will remember them.

Just massage/pinch/etc the silicone, careful not to tear/damage it, basically just lightly stretch/compress it.
Unfortunately I am not at home and don't have any photos. I will try the above mentioned method when I get back. Thank you!

RussMeyerFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by RussMeyerFan »

I took some time to massage the indents on my doll Alison and they are almost gone now! Thanks for the input!

There are still some indents on the bottoms of her feet from when she was face down while being powdered. I will continue to give her little foot rubs to see if they improve.

My next big task is to fix a small tear in her left foot and a finger poke. I have the silicone repair kit from Real Doll but I am so clumsy with this kind of stuff I am worried to try it.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

RussMeyerFan wrote:I took some time to massage the indents on my doll Alison and they are almost gone now! Thanks for the input!

There are still some indents on the bottoms of her feet from when she was face down while being powdered. I will continue to give her little foot rubs to see if they improve.

My next big task is to fix a small tear in her left foot and a finger poke. I have the silicone repair kit from Real Doll but I am so clumsy with this kind of stuff I am worried to try it.
Yep, the trick for dents is to get to them ASAP and maybe your next dents will completely disappear.

The trick to doing repairs is using WAYY TOO LITTLE glue! Seriously, apply a microscopically thick layer with a toothpick. Iv seen some dolls that look like they where repaired with a caulking gun by a plumber trying to repair a leaky shower. Remember if you use too little glue and it comes apart, you can always repair it again.. removing too much glue is VERY hard! also when using too little glue any open (unglued) areas at the surface can easily be fixed in a 2nd pass by using a toothpick to apply a little glue into the cut after the 1st set of glue has cured, so don't worry about using too little glue near the surface, worry about glue coming out of the cut and getting all over the skin, or resulting in a lump/hard spot.

Most also recommend wraping it in cling film so as to keep the edges of the tear 'level' with each other and position the doll somehow that the tear is being forced closed lightly while the glue cures. (or use the cling film to force the tear closed)
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

RussMeyerFan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by RussMeyerFan »

DarkOne wrote:
RussMeyerFan wrote:I took some time to massage the indents on my doll Alison and they are almost gone now! Thanks for the input!

Yep, the trick for dents is to get to them ASAP and maybe your next dents will completely disappear.

The trick to doing repairs is using WAYY TOO LITTLE glue! Seriously, apply a microscopically thick layer with a toothpick. Iv seen some dolls that look like they where repaired with a caulking gun by a plumber trying to repair a leaky shower. Remember if you use too little glue and it comes apart, you can always repair it again.. removing too much glue is VERY hard! also when using too little glue any open (unglued) areas at the surface can easily be fixed in a 2nd pass by using a toothpick to apply a little glue into the cut after the 1st set of glue has cured, so don't worry about using too little glue near the surface, worry about glue coming out of the cut and getting all over the skin, or resulting in a lump/hard spot.

Most also recommend wraping it in cling film so as to keep the edges of the tear 'level' with each other and position the doll somehow that the tear is being forced closed lightly while the glue cures. (or use the cling film to force the tear closed)
Wish I read this ahead of time. I used too much glue to fix a finger poke and it looks a little weird :-(

INFORMATIONS