Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Sophia born on 22 Jan 2008

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Sophia born on 22 Jan 2008

Post by BelShanar »

I just got the birthday e-Mail from Phoenix Studios!

So Sophia will be made tomorrow, and shipped some time in the near future. With that e-Mail it becomes official that Boy toy Dolls are/have gone into production.

As for Sophia, I think that having an age/birthday ascribed to the doll will help with creating her personality. As such, Sophia's birthday (story wise) will be January 22nd 1981 which makes her 26. Old enough to know what she is doing and be considered a full grown woman, but still young enough to be the ultimate party girl when the mood strikes her. :wink:

I think that her age will be something like Big Bird, or Bart Simpson, who are forever 6 and 10 respectively. Sure, they have been around forever, but they never get older.

mahtek
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by mahtek »

Congratulations BelShanar!

Sophia will be wonderful, I'm sure. Interesting to give her an exact age. It will make her birthday that much more special to you.

Now the wait.

Mahtek & Phoebe & Penelope
All I ever wanted, all I ever needed is here, in my arms. Words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm.

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

Thanks Mahtek.

As I have said in other threads, I am not very good at bringing a doll to life or give her personality. So the exact age thing should in theory help me with this. The more details I can use/give the easier I find it to make her come alive!

GSS

Post by GSS »

Congrats B! Must be exciting for you. I'm really happy for ya!
GSS<br /> <br />Mary's Doll album: <a href="http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumbnails.php?album=1522">http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumbnails.php?album=1522</a>

Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Congratulations, Belshanar. :D

Does that mean they actually ship a birth certificate with the doll, or is that what the email is for?

Now all you have to do is think of a name, and buy some clothes, and find somewhere to store her, and... etc etc :lol: :lol:

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

Actually, I've done nearly all of the things I can do to prepare for Sophia's arrival, including ordering some new lingerie for my dolls.

Since she isn't my first fill size doll I already have a lot of the prep work done. About the only thing I have left to do is to get a new (to me) electric blanket. The one I currently have works great for me, but its not that good for heating dolls up.

And yes, this is very exciting news!

Crazyhorse

Post by Crazyhorse »

Congrats! Really looking forward to your pics/review.

Instead of an electric blanket, you could go with an electric mattress pad... I've got one with seperate controls for each side of the bed, its pretty sweet. Also gets much hotter than any electric blanket I've used, even on the coldest nights I can't usually handle my side being set higher than 3 or 4 (goes up to 10). 6 or 7 will heat a doll up pretty quick, with a blanket over her to trap the heat.

Renegade
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Renegade »

Like everyone else I am glad to here things are progressing for you. I am also looking foward to reading what you have to say about her and seeing pictures of course. I hope she is everything you want and makes you very happy in every way. Looking forward to your future posts.

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

BelShanar,

The creation and delivery of Sophia, is one of the most eagerly awaited events, here at The Doll Forum. Good luck with her early arrival.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

Raingirl
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Raingirl »

Happy Birthday Sophia! This is so exciting :D

Rainy

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

Daydreamer,

I know it will not be a true/official birth certificate, but I expect that one will come with her when she arrives.

There WILL be a certificate of authenticity that goes with all Boy Toy Dolls, according to the FAQ on the website. I'll be sure to include a pic of it when I post the pics I take.

tabasko62
Active Poster
Active Poster

congrats!

Post by tabasko62 »

Since we're still deciding tween a Realdoll and Boytoy (for our "first" purchase..and BTW..I resent any inference that she is exclusively a "boy's toy LOL) I'm real interested to see the "temporary quarters" Sophia travels in and how she compares for "hanging out" in the quiet times. I am also very curious about the eyes. If they're indepently moveable, she might wind up a little cross-eyed at times?

SnowBunni
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: congrats!

Post by SnowBunni »

tabasko62 wrote:Since we're still deciding tween a Realdoll and Boytoy (for our "first" purchase..and BTW..I resent any inference that she is exclusively a "boy's toy LOL) I'm real interested to see the "temporary quarters" Sophia travels in and how she compares for "hanging out" in the quiet times. I am also very curious about the eyes. If they're indepently moveable, she might wind up a little cross-eyed at times?
there. No more confusio:) I created my own account, so from now on Tabasko62 is Brian and ..well..me is me. Now I just need an avatar LOL

Customs
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Customs »

i agree - everyone is certainly looking forward to some real pics of these dolls

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

I just got the confirmation e-Mail from Phoenix Studios!

Sophia was born a healthy Miss February Boy Toy Doll on January the 22nd!

Now all I need is a shipping date, and all will be well.

Well, once she arrives that is. :wink:

INFORMATIONS