Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Help me decide?

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

tabasko62
Active Poster
Active Poster

Help me decide?

Post by tabasko62 »

Well I know I'm touching on price here, but I'm trying to decide, on merits of each, whether to purchase a body 2 Realdoll or a Boy Toy. I've seen the (occasional?) case where surgery is required on a Realdoll. Is the extra cost of the Boy Toy due to some improvements that will lessen these situations?
And I'm really in need of all your thoughts you can provide on each (even you Matt,if you care to) I will be ordering one or the other in about a month, and whichever I get, be assured her presence will be shared here a lot (I'm also an amateur photographer)
Im concerned with how well clothes will fit, the durability of the doll, and the value of features much more than I am about the price.

help a girl here? :lol:

Britti_Lover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Britti_Lover »

8)
Get the Boy Toy. Basically a Boy Toy is a Realdoll with platinum silicone, moveable and closable eyes and poly material removeable inserts.

Not bad for $500 bucks extra cost. Also - 65 lbs is a real nice weight for a doll -- especially one that will be used for photos.

:wink:

GSS

little help

Post by GSS »

Hi T,

If you are doing photograhy there's probably more use for a realistic doll. Then again, not sure what you are going for with the photography.

Britti does have a point about weight though, 78 lbs compared to 65 is a big difference for a woman to lift. You should consider that!

One major reason I'm for the realdoll, is that nobody has been delivered a Boy toy yet. It really is unchartered water. I don't doubt Matt's abilities for a second, but still I like to know what I am getting before I get it. (just me)

Both dolls are based on the same skeleton, so careful handling of a doll is always a good idea. Having said that, the silicone type is superior and more durable on the Boy Toy.

Question, are you planning on having any kind of sex with the doll? If yes, you will have to consider your personal taste in women/dolls. (can't help you with that one)

It's a tough decision. In your position, I'd probably go with realdoll myself. For completely selfish reasons I'd love to see you get a Boy Toy, and post all about it. :razz:

Well, good luck and welcome!
GSS<br /> <br />Mary's Doll album: <a href="http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumbnails.php?album=1522">http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumbnails.php?album=1522</a>

dollylamma
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by dollylamma »

welcome,

there realy is so many choices and reasons for getting a doll. the best advice I have is to do your homework.

both boy toy and real doll are at the top of the list. but there are others just as good such as mechdoll or the japanese models.

my choice if I had the cash would be a boy toy. lite, sexy, and very do-able.

sorry, but more of what you'r looking for would help.

tabasko62
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: little help

Post by tabasko62 »

GSS wrote:Hi T,

\

Britti does have a point about weight though, 78 lbs compared to 65 is a big difference for a woman to lift. You should consider that!

\
\

Question, are you planning on having any kind of sex with the doll? If yes, you will have to consider your personal taste in women/dolls. (can't help you with that one)

It's a tough decision. In your position, I'd probably go with realdoll myself. For completely selfish reasons I'd love to see you get a Boy Toy, and post all about it. :razz:

Well, good luck and welcome!

aww well I'll have help with the lifting. My fiance and I are ordering together. But I insisted on deciding which one before I really saw everything...he just chuckles now.
We'll probably be setting up separate profiles though since we both plan to stick around :)

Abisslover

Post by Abisslover »

It all depends on what you are going to use it for Both are fine products Realism photography would be better with a Realdoll The Boytoy is the hot new doll and has some cool new features you should probably get both

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

I am leaning towards Realdoll, simply for the realism.

By the way, welcome girl!!!

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Yup, if you want the realism of a real girl, you should get a Realdoll, if you don't mind the cartoon/fantasy look for the pictures, a Boytoy will be the one for you.

I have a Realdoll and I love the way she looks, but a Boytoy would also be fun to have, but I'm not sure I would bond with her like I did with Jenna.

I guess the impression of a real girl triggers some more feelings.

But before I forget, welcome to the forum!

If you want to get to know some members a little better, visit the chatroom, it's fun :razz:
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Doodads

Post by Doodads »

AlexKnight wrote:I'm not sure I would bond with her like I did with Jenna.
I have a feeling that the large eyes, oversized head and small jaw/chin will not be a problem with bonding. It may sub-consciencely suggest youth and one will be attracted and acceptive to them. They do have quite the bod !

leaverus

Post by leaverus »

I vote for the Realdoll because of their photogenic qualities. The BoyToy doll is obviously a doll no matter how much you dress them up or apply makeup, etc. Whereas i've seen pics of Realdolls where i could have sworn it was a real woman. I think the RD will better provide you that sort of fun and challenge to your photographic abilities.

BTW, tabasko (or anyone else who may know) where is the pic in your avatar from? I love the look of those panties - where would i purchase that exact style from? I'd like to purchase a pair for my soon-to-arrive doll.

Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Post by Incrediwagon »

leaverus wrote: BTW, tabasko (or anyone else who may know) where is the pic in your avatar from? I love the look of those panties - where would i purchase that exact style from? I'd like to purchase a pair for my soon-to-arrive doll.
I'm afraid you maybe to late. Fredericks use to have them, but that was a couple of years ago. maybe on ebay? Freds is still the best for selection and they have good deals on sale. http://www.fredericks.com/category.asp? ... ies&Page=1

leaverus

Post by leaverus »

Darn. Thanks for the info, incrediwagon. Your link does not show up anything similar - but i'll search through their site. How would i even search for them on ebay? Those panties are just so sexy i must own a pair.

BTW, i'm very sorry to thread-hijack like this.

tabasko62
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by tabasko62 »

yup. Frederick's. But that was about 3 years ago.

Got a pair from yumdrop, but they have the butterfly in the front.
http://www.yumdrop.com/Panties/Thongs/

nuff of this though I'm creating my own account!

GSS

Re: little help

Post by GSS »

[quote="GSS"]

It's a tough decision. In your position, I'd probably go with realdoll myself. :razz:

[quote]

It seems I am a man of my word because I ordered a Realdoll yesterday!

:D
GSS<br /> <br />Mary's Doll album: <a href="http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumbnails.php?album=1522">http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumbnails.php?album=1522</a>

INFORMATIONS