Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

boytolldoll.com for sale on ebay

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

swtota wrote:This is NOT going to make you very popular here.
I have never been popular with peolpe that buy Matt's dolls.
I sell to the blue color guys.

I did not start this post. I don't care if this .com name selles or not.
Just by it sitting on ebay it drive traffic To my sight and Matts new doll.

What I am doing will not hurt Matt.

Popular I don't need to be.

I do think this post should be in the for sale and not in the boytoy forum

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: boytolldoll.com for sale on ebay

Post by midiman »

phoenixstudios wrote:It's just someone trying to make a buck off peoples typos.
Dumb move on your part....you should have registered that name as well...definitely the most likely typo people will make! Sure there is a place to draw the line, but it should have been after that name not before it.

When I register a name I usually register any close variants.
ie. teddybabestore.com teddybabesstore.com theteddybabestore.com

For the $7/year there is no need to leave them to bring traffic to other people's sites - especially if they are in a competitive field.

Also, as to the ACPA....it would have been a lot cheaper to register the names than to commence a legal action. Then there is the question of international boarders and domains to further complicate things.

Anyway, outside of the super corporations, I doubt many cases have been fought on this...

As to the artwork...it is certainly copyright boytoydolls. It does give strength to the ACPA issues as well as the offering for sale.

Still, it is probably cheaper to buy the name form itsme than to pursue a costly legal action...especially whereas it is not a registered trademark.
He has perhaps done you a favor in bringing it to your attention.

I myself registered boytoydolls.ca and emailed BTD to let them know I grabbed it for them if they wanted it so it wouldn't be pointing to somebody else's site. Thought they'd say thank you and how much? (Around $15 for a .CA domain) Instead, I didn't even get a reply, so I pointed it to my Teddy Babes Store. Sure .ca's are not a likely type, but do belong to a neighboring market.
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

Hefner
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Hefner »

itsme wrote: 1st boytoydolls is his doman name.
The words boy toy put together is a old phase.
any art work that has been change can be duplicated.

but i am sure you have a law degree.
so mat can sue www. realdolls. com as well and take there name.
no. He can not. Matt sueing me would be foolish I don't own any thing.

one more thing Matt is getting hits on his new doll fromebay do you know why????? its becouse the add tells you to go and see his doll
the add reads
You can find his doll at boytoydoll(s) dot com . Like all of Matt's dolls she is a great looking doll.

But the law you know so much about.
from what I know tells you. You can not buy a name to use to bleed money from a person. this law was put in afecked to save people in hollywood from people asking milions of dollars for a name.

But with your law experance I am sure you know all this

I forgot The law also says the 1st name has to be famous
I have bought the 2nd name before it is famous.
know your laws?????
Oh my. Pretty much everything you've written here is incorrect.

I strongly recommend that you:
1. Cancel the auction immediately.
2. Stop forwarding boytoydoll.com to your website. Just park it, or point it to nothing. When it expires, don't renew it.
3. Do some reading on intellectual property laws. This is essential for anyone who does business on the Internet. This will help you to avoid infringing on other's copyrights as well as help you identify when other people infringe on your copyrights. Ignorance is not a valid defense.

Start by visiting this page. It is packed with pertinent information.

I don't mean to sound harsh, really, I'm just trying to help you avoid a lawsuit here.

And no, I am not a lawyer, I'm a web designer. I hate lawyers. ;)

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

Hefner wrote:Oh my. Pretty much everything you've written here is incorrect.....Start by visiting this page. It is packed with pertinent information.
This all seems to reference to Registered Trademarks and there is no indication that boytoydolls is a registered trademark. Questionable however, if they could acquire registered trademark on such an ambiguous and general phrase. Boy Toys being such a common term and dolls also so common.

The copyright issue is another thing...I would not recommend using their graphics. OfF course down the road should they acquire Trademark, it could be another story...still more money will be spent than can be recovered and guess who will come out on top...ya, the lawyers... IF BTD deams the name important enough they should just buy it.
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

This is exactly why I locked this thread in the first place.

We have again cleared up any confusion that there is and was about the issue. There can be no more productive discussion on the subject.

Either Matt M will buy the site name or he will not.

I do apologize for closing the topic earlier as the whole story had not yet come out.

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

itsme wrote:Popular I don't need to be.
Yep... but I told you last night in chat already, you won't get many friends like this, and if I was you, I'd be happy this thread got locked. Oh well, if you need attacks to be yourself, go ahead. If you use people's unability to correctly spell a URL, okay, this is their own mistake. But you should not use this thread to grab further attention to you doing money like this. Agree or disagree, only advice I can give you.
Itsme wrote: I do think this post should be in the for sale and not in the boytoy forum
8O
Why is it that recently, everybody seems to think he can tell forum management where to place threads, and make moderators obey ? This does NOT belong to "for sale" section, because you do NOT sell ANYTHING. You sell that com name on eBay, NOT here. If you want to sell it here, start a thread on for sale section yourself.

INFORMATIONS