Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

A Comparison Between BoyToy & RealDoll!! (Pix!)

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

RAMIKO

A Comparison Between BoyToy & RealDoll!! (Pix!)

Post by RAMIKO »

BoyToy: Image

RealDoll: Image

The Bottom Image Is From A Wikipedia Entry! If You Don't Know, Then Click Here!

Ramiko@AOL.Com

Dec.22nd,2007
1:20pm
To 'Some People'(JSYK), Lovable Dolls No Longer Exist!! So 'Some People' Can Quit Complaining!! :wink:

Abyss
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Abyss »

*cough* Boi Toi (Boi Toy) is a series of adult novelties geared to the gay market. BoyToyDolls is a new brand of doll...
Abyss Creations, LLC.
Sales - sales@realdoll.com (All Sales)
Media - media@realdoll.com (All Media Requests)
Phone - (760) 471 8418
Address -Abyss Creations
475 East Carmel Street
San Marcos, CA 92078

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

Interesting construction on the BoyToy face. The removable oral cavity and closable eyes are enclosed in an inner "skull" piece. I assume that the exchangeable faces are then secured over the skull piece.

But, that would mean that the faces themselved contain no eyes or mouth.

When one purchases the other faces in the collection, does he ALSO get a new mouth cavity AND set of closable eyes with it? If not, then $750 USD would seem rather expensive for just a face without these items.

technoguy

RAMIKO

Post by RAMIKO »

Abyss wrote:*cough* Boi Toi (Boi Toy) is a series of adult novelties geared to the gay market. BoyToyDolls is a new brand of doll...

Mmmph(Laughs)....,, LoL !! :lol: :lol:
I Had No Idea!!
I Was Just Was Calling 'BoyToy' More Of A Fancier Name!
For Instance How You Would Call A Dog,, "Doggie" Or,
How You Would Call A 'StarTrek' Fan,,, "Trekkie"
So That's What That Was About, So...!! :-)
Also..,,
If I'm Not Mistaken,
Did'nt Madonna Used To Use That Phrase Or Term At One Point,
Or Somethin', Hmm !?
To 'Some People'(JSYK), Lovable Dolls No Longer Exist!! So 'Some People' Can Quit Complaining!! :wink:

Perry
Ex-Member

Post by Perry »

Hey Ramiko,

Now that you know the difference....how 'bout correcting the title of your thread?

RAMIKO

Post by RAMIKO »

technoguy wrote:When one purchases the other faces in the collection, does he ALSO get a new mouth cavity AND set of closable eyes with it? If not, then $750 USD would seem rather expensive for just a face without these items.

technoguy

Techno..,,
Let's Not Get Into This AnyMore,,
Else I've To Call The Mods(Moderators) On You, Ok !?
Yea!!..,,
You've Ruined One Topic Already(As I've Noticed),,
Let's Not Ruin Another One, Ok !!??

Ramiko@AOL.Com

Dec.22nd,2007
2:16pm

pajoey

Post by pajoey »

These new dolls are hot! If somebody buys an extra face do the eyes and mouth insert come with it? It's OK if you don't know.
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop smokeing,drinking,sniffing glue.

Abyss
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Abyss »

RAMIKO wrote:
RealDoll: Image

Dec.22nd,2007
1:20pm
By the way, the "skull" in this picture is not the skull used for RealDolls. It's the form on which we store and ship faces. The skulls on the RDs are white and look almost identical to the Boy Toy one sans eyes and mouth. That's why the Boy Toy system is being called Face-X 2; it's based on the Face-X system.
RAMIKO wrote:What That Was About, So...!! :-)
Also..,,
If I'm Not Mistaken,
Did'nt Madonna Used To Use That Phrase Or Term At One Point,
Or Somethin', Hmm !?
Madonna had a belt buckle that said Boy Toy on it many years ago. It's a phrase used to describe a young male with an older typically wealthy lover. ie: "A boy toy and his sugar daddy", or in the case of Madonna, an older woman/"cougar with her boy toy".

Edited for bad grammar.
Abyss Creations, LLC.
Sales - sales@realdoll.com (All Sales)
Media - media@realdoll.com (All Media Requests)
Phone - (760) 471 8418
Address -Abyss Creations
475 East Carmel Street
San Marcos, CA 92078

midnight
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by midnight »

Abyss is correct :) That styrofoam thingy is the shipping / storage unit....not the actual skull of the RD.

Here is a pic of Melanie, which shows the actual "skull".......

(She is deciding which face to wear for the day)

If I am seeing "metal snaps" for the Boy Toy face......I like it :!: That dam velcro was bad.

ALSO --- "technoguy" .....give it a rest, OK :?: Enough of the overpriced crap. You can analyze cost of materials and workmanship all you want, the fact is that people will pay the price for something they want......here's an idea; why don't YOU create and manufacture a high end silicon doll, that is up to the same standards as RD or (what we think Boy Toy will be,) or Candygirl ....and then let all of us here at TDF get one for....well, lets say $1,500. Sounds good to me :razz:
The Toy Store keeps us going.
Buy at the Toy Store: http://shop.sex-superstore.com/cgi-bin/toys2.cgi?af=4969&ecode=8170781N

flavortang
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by flavortang »

midnight wrote: ALSO --- "technoguy" .....give it a rest, OK :?: Enough of the overpriced crap. You can analyze cost of materials and workmanship all you want, the fact is that people will pay the price for something they want......here's an idea; why don't YOU create and manufacture a high end silicon doll, that is up to the same standards as RD or (what we think Boy Toy will be,) or Candygirl ....and then let all of us here at TDF get one for....well, lets say $1,500. Sounds good to me :razz:
Couldn't have said it better myself.

snugglesb469
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by snugglesb469 »

I believe they are metal snaps in the Boy Toys. Good idea, I think. Especially the ones for the mouth insert. Is there a removable tongue in the mouth insert? I saw that Joe said there was a tongue, but... I dunno, I just imagine it being fixed/molded inside the mouth insert.

Also, The jaw seems like it is more "buffly" hinged. Perhaps it allows a more complete posable range between fully closed and fully open mouth? What is the jaw hinge like on RD's? I couldn't tell by your pic, Midnight.

phoenixstudios
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by phoenixstudios »

When a person orders a Boy Toy face they get the eyes and the wig that goes with the doll as well as a numbered certificate of authenticity.
pajoey wrote:These new dolls are hot! If somebody buys an extra face do the eyes and mouth insert come with it? It's OK if you don't know.

flavortang
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by flavortang »

phoenixstudios wrote:When a person orders a Boy Toy face they get the eyes and the wig that goes with the doll as well as a numbered certificate of authenticity.
pajoey wrote:These new dolls are hot! If somebody buys an extra face do the eyes and mouth insert come with it? It's OK if you don't know.
BoyToys are really the collector's items of the doll world, it seems. It'd be nice to have that certificate of authenticity, knowing that they're not meant for mass production.

phoenixstudios
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by phoenixstudios »

Madonna wore the belt in support of her album "Like a Virgin" in 1984 . I believe the phrase Boy Toy in this particular case would be referencing herself being a toy for boys. Since it would be impossible for her to be a cougar at age 25 :)

A link to back up my facts.
<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna_(e ... tainer)</a>

can't believe everything you read on a message board!!

Abyss wrote:
Madonna had a belt buckle that said Boy Toy on it many years ago. It's a phrase used to describe a young male with an older typically wealthy lover. ie: "A boy toy and his sugar daddy", or in the case of Madonna, an older woman/"cougar with her boy toy".

Edited for bad grammar.

Doodads

Post by Doodads »

"Boy Skeleto" model in ghost white silicone

So what happens after 310 Boy Toy bodies are sold and 10% of these owners decide every month to buy a new face? 31 faces sold and no bodies? Will Matt be concerned that his income of Boy Toys has just dropped 90%?? Will he have enough money after this to further develop his product with a rapidly diminishing return?

It seems limiting production of 28-31 faces/bodies per month will really limit the product. I have an idea what this doll will look like without a face from the above photo. Will there then be a "Boy Skeleto" model perhaps in ghost white silicone as we will be unable to get a face for it?

Boy toy needs to develop a standard face so that the rapidly expanding body owners will not be forced into bidding wars with those who already have extra faces. Face scalping is not a pretty thing...

INFORMATIONS