Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

BoyToyDolls Cost Too Much! Discuss Here

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

Hmmm...let''s see now. You buy the "basic" doll for $7500 USD. Then, of course, to be "complete", you'll need the other two faces. That's an extra $1500 USD. What? You were so frisky with the doll that you wore out the vagina?! Better buy a new one quick for another $300 USD.

Let's add that up: $7500 + $1500 + $300 = $9300 USD!!!

Oh, you put it all on your credit card and intend to pay it off over the course of two years at 17% interest? That will probably add another $1000 USD to your total bill.

But, don't worry, you can do it if you have a $10,000 USD limit on your card. Besides, you've already saved a bundle because the shipping was INCLUDED!

technoguy

flavortang
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by flavortang »

Or, you can save a buttload by not buying it at all, that way you don't have to complain about the price... :roll:

Nonfactor
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Nonfactor »

technoguy wrote:Hmmm...let''s see now. You buy the "basic" doll for $7500 USD. Then, of course, to be "complete", you'll need the other two faces. That's an extra $1500 USD. What? You were so frisky with the doll that you wore out the vagina?! Better buy a new one quick for another $300 USD.

Let's add that up: $7500 + $1500 + $300 = $9300 USD!!!

Oh, you put it all on your credit card and intend to pay it off over the course of two years at 17% interest? That will probably add another $1000 USD to your total bill.

But, don't worry, you can do it if you have a $10,000 USD limit on your card. Besides, you've already saved a bundle because the shipping was INCLUDED!

technoguy
But wait! You also need a bed to use her on. Wouldn't want to do that in public so you'll need a house too! That's a few hundred thousand right there!

Dollinlove
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dollinlove »

You forgot import taxes, the biggest part until they think about putting their own shop in europe

They could have built their new factory outside usa, it would have cost less for production (china) :twisted:

siliconegrapes
Ex-Member

Post by siliconegrapes »

TechnoGuy,

Don't buy it then. Get yourself a fleshlight and stick it in between two pillows or something. Nobody ever said buying any high end doll would be cheap. Hence the term "high end". If the only thing you have to complain about is the price, then there really isn't much to complain about is there? This doll is only $500.00 more than a realdoll. It's lighter, made with better materials and has some interesting features. Selling it for less would devalue their Realdoll. No matter how much you complain about it, they aren't going to reduce the price and they'll sell all of them too.
Not all maufacturers can be trusted. PLEASE read the forums thoroughly to make sure you are dealing with a reputable manufacturer.

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

SG wrote:
No matter how much you complain about it, they aren't going to reduce the price and they'll sell all of them too.
As I've said before, a manufacturer could come out with a "re-enginnered" doll that retails for $10,000 USD and, if they produce them in LIMITED, enough numbers, then they, too, would probably "sell out".

However, such offers are not for the "average" person wanting to own a high-end doll. They need an affordable doll, not a luxury item that is out of reach without extra financial burden.

Well, I do hope that Abyss is successful with the doll and I, too, am sure it will sel at the rate of one a day. I think this new doll will appeal to those who are into the "anime look" and as such it is well done.

Maybe I will begin to refer to any dolls retailing for MORE than $7,000 USD as an "ULTRA high-end" dolls to distinquich them from the present "high end dolls" that market for between $4500 USD and $7000 USD. And note that I already consider the present high-end dolls to be overpriced by about 50%!

technoguy

flavortang
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by flavortang »

*sigh*

siliconegrapes
Ex-Member

Post by siliconegrapes »

TechnoGuy,

Whether you like it or not, these dolls aren't made for the "average" person. No high end item is made to cater to average people. BMWs aren't, gigantic flat screen TVs aren't and the majority of dolls aren't. They are designed and created for those who have the disposable income to pay for such items. If you or anyone should go bankrupt in purchasig such an item, then that isn't their problem. To be quite honest, if you can't afford it, companies who make high end products don't care. If you want a doll for the average person, then you're shopping in the wrong category and possibly the wrong hobby all together.

As for your price estimations... Who cares? I mean, lets look at this from a realistic point of view. As it stands, quality dolls can't be produced in mass quantities. The molds, curing time and hands on work just don't allow for it. On top of that, they have to rent fascilities, pay staff and possibly benefits, pay utilities, taxes, and many, many other bills etc. On top of that, who starts a business (Especially a business that involves talent in a highly techical and specialized field) to only go home with the same amount they would make at a regular 9 to 5 job. Sure, prices will vary, but no less than what the consumers are willing to pay for specific products of varying quality. Simply said, people go into business to make money, not to scrape by so you can have a really awesome doll. Especially when so many people are willing to pay a lot more.

You've stated many times the various reasons you have for not buying a doll. Not just the money issues, but also the personal issues. It seems fair to say that you aren't likely to ever buy a doll. That being said, no manufacturers are ever going to look at you as a possible customer who's opinion they should value. There are too many people willing to spend the money that the manufacturers would rather listen to. As the saying goes... "Money talks, bullshit walks".
Not all maufacturers can be trusted. PLEASE read the forums thoroughly to make sure you are dealing with a reputable manufacturer.

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

SG...

FYI I have come VERY close SEVERAL times since I came here to buying a used doll. The money to pay for these dolls is NOT an issue with me. They could come out with a $20,000 USD doll and i could readily afford it.

However, just because I or anybody else CAN come up with the momey to purchase something does NOT necessarily mean that we MUST purchase it. I like to think I am getting the maximum value for my money and I will refrain from purchasing any item until I do. Even when shopping at a local super market, if I see the price of an item go above what I think is "fair", I don't buy it and then, the next week, when its price drops back to what I think is good, I'll buy two. I use one for that week and then the other for the following week when the store's inventory computers decide to jack the price up again. I've probably saved enough money with this technique over the last few years to pay for an RD at current prices!

Each of us has to decide, for himself, if he thinks an item is "worth" the current asking price. Right now, I am not happy with the prices on the high-end dolls. I am convinced that, even if everybody associated with their production was paid $60K a year with full benefits, they could STILL be sold at a far less price than they currently are. I feel that the only thing keeping their prices artificially elevated is the current LACK of competition in the USA when it come to the production of these dolls.

So, if anybody disagrees with me concerning these issues, then I respect their opinion. That's why we are all here...to express our opinions and have them respected and to read the opinions of others and respect them. That does not mean we have to agree with another person's opinion...just with their right to express it.

I'm quite sure that the "ToyBoy" is a fine doll and will appeal to a certain segment of the doll market. If a person is not bothered by the price, then he should, if he finds it attractive, order one. However, FOR ME, the price of an item is a important factor in influencing my buying decision. I HAVE to GENUINELY feel like am gettng a "good" deal on it. Right now, I do not have that feeling with ANY of the high-end dolls. Maybe that will change in the future...I certainly hope it does.

technoguy

Abisslover

Post by Abisslover »

Until we get some healthy competition here in the US the price of these dolls will only increase. Hopefully, Mechadoll or MPD will start cranking out quality dolls. I believe the thought of MD being only a few hours away and creating a product that is close to as good as RD for about 2k less, stemmed Matt to form this company Boytoy. You notice the Boytoy dolls are made with the high grade silicone and weigh less than Mechadolls. Im just happy to see two companies now because if we get a third company here in California it will force all the doll companies to lower there prices and indeed put some of these dolls within reach of the average consumer. Its all about supply and demand and competition is definetly good for consumers. RD has the quality product right now and yeah, you get what you pay for........If you made dolls like they did you would probably charge the same or more........who are we to say what they can and cant charge? What we can do is buy another lower priced doll and eventually when these RDs are sitting around in a warehouse collecting dust then they will have no choice but to lower the price.

Nonfactor
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Nonfactor »

4woods and co just need more advertising in the US. Currently all the shows showing the 'evils' of silicone dolls focus on RDs and there is no such thing as bad publicity, when the average person thinks silicone doll they think RealDoll.

This makes me wonder about BoyToy. It lacks the brand recognition of the RealDolls, will it really do better than MD, 4W or the other less known manufacturers?

Euchre
Ex-Member

Post by Euchre »

technoguy wrote:SG wrote:
No matter how much you complain about it, they aren't going to reduce the price and they'll sell all of them too.
As I've said before, a manufacturer could come out with a "re-enginnered" doll that retails for $10,000 USD and, if they produce them in LIMITED, enough numbers, then they, too, would probably "sell out".

However, such offers are not for the "average" person wanting to own a high-end doll. They need an affordable doll, not a luxury item that is out of reach without extra financial burden.

Well, I do hope that Abyss is successful with the doll and I, too, am sure it will sel at the rate of one a day. I think this new doll will appeal to those who are into the "anime look" and as such it is well done.

Maybe I will begin to refer to any dolls retailing for MORE than $7,000 USD as an "ULTRA high-end" dolls to distinquich them from the present "high end dolls" that market for between $4500 USD and $7000 USD. And note that I already consider the present high-end dolls to be overpriced by about 50%!

technoguy
TG

Just wondering... How much is that computer you're using right now cost? Is it a 'high-end' computer costing a grand at least or is it a sub $1000 model? What about the vehicle you drive? or the home you own? are they top of the line too? or did you wait a few yrs and buy them at an repo/forclose auction?

What I'm tring to get at is I'm surprised at how much people complain about the price of one thing yet they have to have the 'best' of everything else and $$$ is no object... We've all seen it... rich folks driving Beemers yet they shop at Wal-Mart....

Have you seen the prices of retail clothing? My wife used to work at a leading Womens Fashion store and showed me some insider books... shirts that they sold for $40-50 each they got for $5.00 or less!! The markup was ridiculous!

I don't blame you for wanting a cheaper priced doll. Everyone does... but I don't think Abyss and Phoenix are going to drop there prices anytime soon.... if at all.

BTW have you ever thought about buying a used doll when/if you decide to get one?

Euchre
I was a bad boy at TDF and got ex-membered.

Abisslover

Post by Abisslover »

I think the whole point he is trying to make is that there is a market out there. It probably costs RD about 1000 or less in materials to make a doll. Then maybe 40 hours of labor to create the doll once you have the mold. So you figure at 100 per hour your looking at a total cost of 5000 per doll, so maybe making 1500-2000 profit really isnt all that bad when you consider the cost of renting a warehouse, paying employees and maintaining several websites??? I guess you could probably pay someone 40 bucks an hour instead of 100 and you could use cheaper materials, I may be off on the actual cost of the materials for a doll?

Perry
Ex-Member

Post by Perry »

There are verifiable stories out there of companies selling products at a "fair market value" and having the products not move.

Then they double the price and the things go off the shelves like crazy.

You guys are full of shit to sit here and take pot shots at someone who is risking a great deal to bring a REAL product to market.

Move the GODDAMNED BITCHING to a new thread......this is HIJACKING...yet again!!!

Oh , and it hurts my feelings....rule violation! rule violation!

KNOCK IT OFF.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Let's say Abyss and BoyToy do just that, pay people less for the same job, and buy cheaper material...

What happens to people if they get payed less for the same activities, they start losing their fun in work, and you get more quality control issues... because why would they bother.

What happens if they start using cheaper stuff, so less quality stuff... you get quality issues like tears and such...

What happens at the forum... Dozens of posts about Realdoll and BoyToy, saying they are no good, they produce bad dolls... angry faces, lots of moderating, Vanessa in a bad mood.

Lots of complaints in general.

My point with this post, it will never ever be perfect...

And until lovedolls are general high demand products like DVD players or TV's, they won't be going down in price anytime soon. So let us please stop saying they should.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

INFORMATIONS