Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Brand New Doll From Matt McMullen

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

Yeah, thats exactly why I will most likely never let anyone know I have these dolls.

At least not if I can help it.

Which is really frustrating some times. I desperately want to tell some of the people in my life, but I just can't.

But thats another discussion for else where in these forums.

Getting back on topic:

One more day has passed! Which means I am one day closer to getting my BTD!!!!!!!! :noel2:

uch
Former Member

Post by uch »

I noticed many folks complaining about the cost of this doll, but that puzzles me, as the price of a realdoll on the Abyss site is 6,499 and if you add shipping, its 6,999. Boytoy is 7,500. Its only about 500.00 more for a product with some requested improvements (moveable eyelids, lighter weight, etc...)
Pre Owned Realdoll - $2500 with Visa debit card
Pre Owned 1st Pc - $1700 with Visa debit card
The day I will finally be able to use either of them after the repairs are done - Priceless

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

technoguy wrote:No doubt, this will appeal to those who like elves and pixies...
My thoughts exactly.

Picture

Picture

What about the ears?

ChikkinNoodul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ChikkinNoodul »

Now all we need are pointy ears...
Acomocliticism - interesting word indeed.
http://acomoclitic.blogspot.com/

My Album:
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10384

phoenixstudios
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by phoenixstudios »

I know this thread was originally in the Real Doll forum, but let's try and keep this one focused on Boy Toy from now on so people don't get confused.
Wildcard2007 wrote:
Abyss wrote: Matt K, in fact, was working with a body 8 last week which he dropped repeatedly while trying to photograph it (they don’t like to sit on bar stools unsupported but Matt prefers to use no stands when possible in photographing the dolls). The doll he dropped has NO damage to it despite being dropped 3 feet multiple times at multiple angles. It didn’t even get a finger wire poking through.
hi there ms, Bronwen i'm not sure what to make of this all but for the record of it, when i got Jennifer the first day i sat her down on the sofa and she had her hands on one end on the side, the other hand on the front part of the seat, As i made her bend forward just a bit she popped 4 fingers at the same time.

That is, the wire caps forced themselfves threugh the nails and even though this was a very easy fix that can probbably easy be completly made invisable with a nails repair set(provided i do that with the two one might or might not see) this was not the last time something like this happened.

Please anybody who reads this, READ THIS CORRECT because i take full resposibility for that happening, i KNEW they where fragile and please do keep this in mind but i'm sure If Jennifer hit's the ground in a drop and her fingers slide or touch the floor first i'm sure it will rip her hand bassicly to pieces where you won't even bother calling it a finger poke no more.

I assume Matt was very lucky when dropping the doll 3 times and that you can by no means expect you can do this and get away with it.

you probbably won't.

Either way I do not regret having finger wires for Jennifer, i'm sure a nails nipple repair set Jennifer will fix the problems(if you can call it that) i have because of something i gotten, not because of something i lost, i have to maintain everything i have, including myself and why would Jennifer have to be different ?

phoenixstudios
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by phoenixstudios »

Bel by my inbox this morning I think you may accomplish this sooner than later.
BelShanar wrote:
Secondly, as I have mentioned before, was the chance to get in on something early on that could go huge.

Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Post by Incrediwagon »

Hi Joe, How are sales after one week, especially my potential Miss February?

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

Joe, as Incrediwagon suggests, seeing Boytoydoll, are limited editions, having some idea of sales; therefore how many dolls, in each month, which are still available, will be helpful to potential purchasers.

Maybe, if it is commercially sensitive, only note on the Boytoydoll site when each month doll's get down to ten and below, left.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

phoenixstudios
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by phoenixstudios »

Good so far a lot of orders are on the way (meaning we're awaiting payment to arrive via mail) A lot of international orders UK, Japan. The dollar is weak right now so that helps our international business.
Incrediwagon wrote:Hi Joe, How are sales after one week, especially my potential Miss February?

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

I'm very pleased to hear that sales, or at least the orders are coming in.

Everhard, its ironic that you posted that image of the pixy, as I was also thinking of possibly trying to make a pair of elf/pixy ears myself for my doll when she arrives.

A fantasy doll for sure.

Joe, I got the confirmation e-Mail from you today. Glad to know we're making headway.

KawaiiLuvr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by KawaiiLuvr »

Wow, this is the doll I've been waiting for. Too bad I can't afford it.

Amazing work Matt, one day (when I'm really rich) I will pay a lot of money for one of your dolls.

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

Aesthetically great. The insert is the best I've seen. The dolls are petite which is a big plus.

The weight. 65 lb. When I had my NEO jr, it was great how easy it was to move her around.

I like the anime style look; it's what's intrigued me by the Japanese dolls.

The silicone sounds really nice, no need for powdering? No wig hair sticking to it? Man, silicovana.... heh heh...

And not to beat a dead horse, but as someone with experience I can echo what Bronwen said. My 2005 RD skeleton was terrible. My replacement B4? Over a year and NO joint damage. Same owner, same use, just different insides. And while I'm sad I have no room at the Doll Inn for a Boy Toy (at the moment heh heh) I'm really psyched for my B2!

Also if people are freaked about fingerwires... don't order them! I have and it's worked out great!
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

trauma
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by trauma »

I love the whole concept of this new doll and the limited availability,size,weight,and the calender idea. I just can't swing 7500.00. I really wish it was more affordable.

SnidelyW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by SnidelyW »

I guess those of us who can't afford one will have to wait for the torso version. :Fade-color Have any months sold out? I thought I saw a note about Miss Jan selling out already.

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

So what happens after 310 Boy Toy bodies are sold and 10% of these owners decide every month to buy a new face? 31 faces sold and no bodies?
Hello!

I was hoping someone had followed up on this.

It's a great question because I always buy dolls with multiple heads/faces.

So here's my Q. Say I bought a BoyToy (Miss December) and wanted a Miss Feb face, could I get that as well? What if down the road I bought a Miss July (hypothetical) and wanted a Miss Feb face but you'd already sold 31 bodies for 'February'?

Sounds like 31 bodies in a given month will be sold but that's not an absolute number for the faces?

Sorry, just a little confused and couldn't find the answer on the website or here.

Anyways, it's a great hot looking doll. The more I look the more I'd like to own and just might. Thanks!
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

INFORMATIONS