teddy-babes.com

teddy-babes.com got a face lift

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Hagen of Tronje

teddy-babes.com got a face lift

Post by Hagen of Tronje »

I just noticed that the March Madness sale is over and went to the site to see if anything is new. The site was updated, the Deluxe costs 725 USD plus shipping and handling (I think they have been more expensive before the March Madness sale, right?) and there is a doll "Marilyn Deluxe" which I did not see before. Is she a new girl ? They also talk about the advantages of Teddy Babes that I always use to talk about in order to go on the nerves of all other forum members :haha4:

Is there anything else that I have missed, beside the strange announcement of a "comics" section ?

Hagen

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Re: teddy-babes.com got a face lift

Post by Juncharted2 »

Awesomeness! !!
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

Hagan you're not wrong, the Teddy Babe dolls were more expensive before the March Madness sale and right before the site face lift. The dolls were 925.00 USD plus shipping and handling. And yes, the "Marilyn" doll is new. It's nice to see that there are new developments. Even if it is just a lowering of the price and a new edition. Oh and the Smaller breast models, Anime and Horror models are no longer listed as 'Limited Edition'.
Official Doll Accessories Fund = 47.00

Leia Marie - Teddy Bade - Doll Companion
Dyanna Lioncourt - Tonner Carol Barrie Model ~ Alpha Doll
Sarina - Phicen ~Sarina Valentina Body w/Jakks Pacific Paradise Dolls Head~
Cinderella -38" My Size Disney Cinderella Doll "
Belle - 38" My Size Disney Belle Doll

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I just checked out the new website. Looks good! And the new prices look good as well! :D
It would also appear that they have been reading our comments here as they have mentioned some of the same things that some of us have been pointing out. Especially the advantages that Teddy Babes have over other types of dolls.
All of this is definitely a step in the right direction. :thumbs_up:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:I just checked out the new website. Looks good! And the new prices look good as well! :D
It would also appear that they have been reading our comments here as they have mentioned some of the same things that some of us have been pointing out. Especially the advantages that Teddy Babes have over other types of dolls.
All of this is definitely a step in the right direction. :thumbs_up:

Totally agree!!

@samteddybabe /Instagram

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

but if they don't improve the shoulder and neck joint and the skeleton the lower price is a moot point because you still have the same weaknesses.

carlys_guy

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

carlys_guy wrote:but if they don't improve the shoulder and neck joint and the skeleton the lower price is a moot point because you still have the same weaknesses.

carlys_guy

yes, they definitely need to do this, also make it optional to have embroidered eyes instead of the plastic decals they are currently using.... it would be nice if they had a customized doll option as well to make available a doll with some plump to her, as well as making the breasts more plump....so to speak..

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Hagen of Tronje

Post by Hagen of Tronje »

carlys_guy wrote:but if they don't improve the shoulder and neck joint and the skeleton the lower price is a moot point because you still have the same weaknesses.
A price drop of nearly 22 % is very substantial. Hefty price drops are always about gaining market share, and now a buyer who buys a single doll pays significantly less than before. I hope that we will see many folks who can afford to give the plush ladies a try. I do not think that it is moot and I wonder if and when the international distributors will lower their prices...

One thing I would suggest to improve is to add 2 cable ties to the place where the ends of the wire skeleton are held together by duct tape. It adds less than 10 cent to production costs but would completely eliminate the ends of the wire skeleton poking through the skin when the duct tape fails after 7-8 years (and it would help to put less pressure on the duct tape, so it will probably no longer fail).

Another idea would be to offer improved optional "private parts" in their shop, they could distribute a third party product to avoid the development and manufacturing costs.

Hagen

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

Eighth Wonder does move slowly with regards to improving/refining the Teddy Babe line, but when they do, it's a nice change in some way.

Oh, it'd be wonderful if they would come out with a "Build-A-Babe" option, where you could specify a custom Babe from their variety of eyes, lips, wigs, pubes, nails, etc. Even if it were a slight extra cost, I bet folks would love to be able to do that, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards with this revision.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

carlys_guy wrote:but if they don't improve the shoulder and neck joint and the skeleton the lower price is a moot point because you still have the same weaknesses. carlys_guy
What sort of problems have they been having with the shoulder and neck joints? I haven't noticed any neck problems so far. But Lexy's right shoulder has been making some strange noises. I just assumed that it was nothing to be worried about. But now I'm worried! 8O
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

the shoulders are held together with a cotter pin so as you move the arm the pin bends and the shoulder loosens, i believe one girl had her arm come off. karrot and some others have replaced the cotter pins with stainless eye bolts and lock nuts. the neck is similar but has wires as well cuddly used a drilled out bolt so the wires could go though.
from what i can tell from the ones that have operated on their babes they use one of these.
cotter-pins.jpg
cotter-pins.jpg (28.15 KiB) Viewed 2147 times
they just spread the two halves apart, this was a poor thing to use in the first place they are very weak.
some never have a problem others do very quickly probably depends on how much pressure you put on the arms and necks.

carlys_guy

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

The skeleton pokes out throughout Lisa and seemingly gets worse bye the day,I can now feel it poking through on her head... might have to do some surgery. ...

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Zang wrote:Eighth Wonder does move slowly with regards to improving/refining the Teddy Babe line, but when they do, it's a nice change in some way.

Oh, it'd be wonderful if they would come out with a "Build-A-Babe" option, where you could specify a custom Babe from their variety of eyes, lips, wigs, pubes, nails, etc. Even if it were a slight extra cost, I bet folks would love to be able to do that, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards with this revision.
Build a babe is an amazing idea, very catchy!!

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Navelgazer

Post by Navelgazer »

carlys_guy wrote:the shoulders are held together with a cotter pin so as you move the arm the pin bends and the shoulder loosens, i believe one girl had her arm come off. karrot and some others have replaced the cotter pins with stainless eye bolts and lock nuts. the neck is similar but has wires as well cuddly used a drilled out bolt so the wires could go though.
from what i can tell from the ones that have operated on their babes they use one of these.
cotter-pins.jpg
they just spread the two halves apart, this was a poor thing to use in the first place they are very weak.
some never have a problem others do very quickly probably depends on how much pressure you put on the arms and necks.

carlys_guy
They (used to) use these to hold on all kinds of mechanical items that had to be removed and reinstalled/replaced repeatedly... boat trailer wheel bearings, for example. They can’t be that weak, lol. Of course you’ve got to spread the ends and wrap around the end... ok never mind, moot point. 8)

I am considering a Teddy Babe... apparently they are keepers if people are talking 7 or 8 years of having them.

Madness does not always howl.
Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
"Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

In vino veritas *

Navelgazer

Post by Navelgazer »

Zang wrote:Eighth Wonder does move slowly with regards to improving/refining the Teddy Babe line, but when they do, it's a nice change in some way.

I’m currently looking at Teddy Babes... man I’d love this! Tho they do say on the site that some simple customization of their current models is possible, for no extra cost, if I read it correctly...

Madness does not always howl.
Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
"Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

In vino veritas *

INFORMATIONS