teddy-babes.com

TB Deluxe Bra sizing

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.

What bra size at Fredrick’s of Hollywood for TBD?

34D
22%
34DD
11%
36C
22%
36D
11%
Other
33%

Total votes: 9

kindly

Re: TB Deluxe Bra sizing

Post by kindly »

Hi All-

Been following this thread, and thought I'd add my two cents worth. Our Maureen is a TBD Lisa, and she is very comfortable (And looks quite sexy IMHO in a 36C with no underwire). Photo is attached. Let me know if you agree that her bra fits nicely . . . she is quite satisfied with it and has been asking when we are going to buy her a fancy dress to go along with it.

kindly
MaureenBra.jpg
MaureenBra.jpg (89.88 KiB) Viewed 1768 times

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

carlys_guy wrote:i always thought it was stupid to measure above the breasts for the band size when the band is below the breast probably designed by a guy.

carlys_guy
Not really. When you measure under the bust you have to add 5 or 6 inches depending whether the number you get is odd or even to get the band size. That's where sizing often goes awry. Whereas if you measure above the bust, that's the actual number used. Like I said though, the charts, calculators and methods are all designed for human figures. Dolls don't often fit the same criteria.

Beanbott
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Beanbott »

Oh and related to the earlier post about staining, I tried the stuff on over a t shirt, but then directly on Carly for a few minutes. Zero staining, I will obviously wash it before her wearing it any longer, but a good sign that the AdoreMe is higher quality. No nasty formaldehyde smell like some of the cheap stuff from Yandy, either.

Beanbott
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Beanbott »

kindly wrote:Hi All-

Been following this thread, and thought I'd add my two cents worth. Our Maureen is a TBD Lisa, and she is very comfortable (And looks quite sexy IMHO in a 36C with no underwire). Photo is attached. Let me know if you agree that her bra fits nicely . . . she is quite satisfied with it and has been asking when we are going to buy her a fancy dress to go along with it.

kindly
MaureenBra.jpg
She looks good, although the bra looks stretched. I am trying to see if I can find a size/brand where the center panel lies flat on her “sternum” and the underwires closely match the cups. It’s odd how sister sizing isn’t the same. The 34DD didn’t look right at all, more empty space at the bottom of the cups. The 32ddd was pretty close, I plan on checking the 30G (sister size) and 30H which is a cup larger. The 32 is loose on the first hook. I was looking at this website for advice:

https://www.herroom.com/bra-fitting-advice,902,30.html

It seems to be the most descriptive.

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

Mr Franz wrote:Try measuring this way. Bear in mind, size charts are designed for human figures. Dolls are often disproportionate in that regard. Also, synthetic boobs don't behave like the real thing. Bras, particularly underwire types, are designed to conform the breasts to the shape of the cup. Whereas with dolls, you need the cup to conform to the shape of the breasts. Underwire can't do that.
Bra_Size.jpg
good info

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

carlys_guy wrote:i always thought it was stupid to measure above the breasts for the band size when the band is below the breast probably designed by a guy.

carlys_guy

same for me.
I thougt it was under tits. :oops:

Beanbott
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Beanbott »

Trying to get this fit on the TBD. Notice the center panel is flat, and how the wire follows her breast. Hoping to duplicate this. It’s funny, this reminds me of model railroad or trying to to get a model airplane’s paint and decals just right.
Attachments
4D4FB536-19F8-4396-8A13-4880081DFA9E.jpeg
4D4FB536-19F8-4396-8A13-4880081DFA9E.jpeg (221.51 KiB) Viewed 1765 times

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Problem is, TB breasts aren't shaped like that and unlike human tissue, they can't conform to the shape of the bra. In other words, it's not that the wire is following the shape of the model's breasts in the photo, but rather her breasts that are conforming to the shape of the wire. Doll breasts simply can't do that. You need a bra that conforms to their shape.

Grasowka

Post by Grasowka »

Hi Beanbott

after consulting the conversion matrix of Victoria's secret, I realized that the 75D-bras (european size) can be matched as 34D bras (US). BTW, I voted accordingly.

Cheers,
Grasowka
She drives my crazy, uh-uh, like no no-one else, uh-uh, she drives my crazy and I can't help myself...

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=5678

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Another thing to consider is that since Eighth Wonder changed the dimensions of the deluxe Babes in 2012, they may have changed the breast size as well.
While I can't say for certain that is the case, it could help explain why there are so many different bra size recommendations.
I do know that they changed the breast size on the standard Babes. So it's certainly possible they did on the deluxes as well. :idea:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Beanbott
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Beanbott »

Interesting, that would definitely account for different opinions. I’m wondering if we could build a database of Year produced and above, under, and over breast measurements. Is the shape any different recently? I have a 2017 model, 23” below and 35” above.

Since they allow exchanges and they have the item in different sizes, I’ll check out the 30G and 30H and report back. I’ll try to get better photos to illustrate how the different sizes fit.

Beanbott
Active Poster
Active Poster

I think we have a winner

Post by Beanbott »

Carly tried on the 30G and 30H. I think the 30G fit similarly to the 32DDD, but with the band latching on the first set of hooks. The 30H underwires seemed to follow the sides of Carly’s boobs better into her armpit, and the cups were still full. There is still some empty space at the bottom of the cups, but when you adjust everything into place it was good. According to the sister size chart 30H is the same volume as a 36DD.

I wish that they made a more anatomically correct Teddy Babe, sort of like a Readoll Body D, but softer!

What do you think of Carly’s new outfit?
Attachments
E643271D-11BA-4855-A3C2-219D7765FE12.jpeg
E643271D-11BA-4855-A3C2-219D7765FE12.jpeg (478.33 KiB) Viewed 1664 times
BC553490-6B9B-413F-9593-2A8AB8F0D4AC.jpeg
BC553490-6B9B-413F-9593-2A8AB8F0D4AC.jpeg (499.03 KiB) Viewed 1664 times
C05B1439-DD1A-406D-8057-55F393E5ACF1.jpeg
C05B1439-DD1A-406D-8057-55F393E5ACF1.jpeg (517.23 KiB) Viewed 1664 times

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

good :oops: :roll:

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

nice fit, hope the black doesn't stain her.

carlys_guy

Beanbott
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Beanbott »

I may check out some other brands and use the larger sister sizes for companies that don’t offer the 30 band. It’s way easier to find 36DD or even 34F, but I have concerns about the larger band not fitting as well. At least that’s what I found comparing the 32ddd vs 34DD. But as many have commented previously, every brand/style seems to be a rule unto itself. Lucky Carly doesn’t need much support, so she can be flexible!

INFORMATIONS