teddy-babes.com

Deluxe vs Original Teddy Babe - Buyer's Guide

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
DollAfficionado

Deluxe vs Original Teddy Babe - Buyer's Guide

Post by DollAfficionado »

I have owned my Teddybabe Deluxe (TD) for about a year and my Original Teddybabe (OT) for about 5 years. This comparison is intended for those who are contemplating a purchase but are unsure which doll is right for them.

CUDDLE-ABILITY
This is the greatest strength of Teddybabe in general. Cuddling a TD feels more like cuddling a real woman compared to an OT. It is easier to forget that you are cuddling a doll with the TD compared to the OT. The OT, however, is much more maneuverable for changes in cuddling position. Either doll will cuddle better than any non-Teddybabe doll currently on the market.

HIDE-ABILITY
If you must hide your Teddybabe and have limited space, then the OT can fit into almost any container you can imagine. The OT can be folded in half to facilitate storage when necessary. Although a TD can fold enough to facilitate normal sex positions, folding a TD in half would almost certainly cause damage. If space is not an issue, the TD can be stored well in her original box in an attic or similar area.

TRAVELLING
If you plan to travel at all with your Teddybabe, then the OT is the clear winner here. I have taken my OT with me on numerous business and recreational trips without anyone being the wiser. If you have a long truck, a TD can travel but you will likely receive wierd looks from the other guests at hotel rooms (why is that guy bringing in that long box?). Having travelled with both, the OT travelled much better. It is not impossible to travel with a TD, but it is much more difficult than travelling with an OT.

DOLL HEAD
The doll heads are similar, but the TD has a head which can rotate from side to side. This is mostly an advantage except when you do not wish the head to rotate. A TD can turn her head to the side to kiss you in bed, while an OT must turn her upper body to do so. The notorious larger neck of the TD is not as bad as it looks in some photos, but it is not as good as the OT in appearance. The larger neck is, however, required for the rotating head.

DOLL TORSO
The TD's boobs and torso in general are much more proportionate compared to the rest of the doll's body. The OT is disproportionate, but the design was intended this way for a more toonish, teddybearish, plushish type of look. Tight-fitting shirts are much more flattering on the TD compared to the OT since most clothing is designed for proportionate humans. Suitable clothing can be found for both types of dolls, but shopping for the OT is much more of a challenge compared to shopping for the TD.

DOLL ARMS
A TD's arms are as long as a real woman's arms. While this adds to the realism, dressing and undressing the doll requires more time and care. A TD can reach completely around an average man's torso, while an OT can only reach completely around your head. The TD's hands are built a bit more realistic than the OT, but the OT's fingers feel a bit more flexible.

DOLL LEGS AND FEET
Much of the additional height belonging to the TD is in the legs. The TD's legs can wrap completely around you during sex which is a major perk over the OT. The longer and thicker legs allow the TD to wear pants, shorts, and skirts in a very sexy manner. The TD possesses invidual toes and toenails which are lacking in the OT. The TD's legs do require more effort for positioning in chairs and poses compared to the OT, and the TD's feet have a tendency to get caught on stuff therefore requiring more care in use and movement. Much of the additional money you spend on a TD versus an OT is due to the legs and feet.

DOLL GROIN, BUTT, and PUSSY
This area of the TD is very realistic and naturally proportioned, while this area of the OT is somewhat exaggerated in spots. These exaggerations in the OT do work to facilitate easier sex and more sex positions. The OT is very compliant in moving its legs and groin during sex regardless of activity or angle. Sex with the TD feels more realistic like a real woman, but this is both a blessing and a curse. While the TD is still capable of good sex, sex with the OT is easier especially when you want to do multiple positions in a session. Except for short schoolgirl skirts, the OT does not wear most clothing well on this area of the body, while the TD wears a pair of shorts well enough to make you want to cream yourself!

CLOTHING
While you can have fun clothing both dolls, the TD is the winner for those who plan to spend a lot of time playing dress-up. The OT, however, is much easier to dress for those potential buyers for whom dressing the doll is less important (but not unimportant!).

SEX AND MAKING LOVE
Both dolls do this well, but in directly comparing the two dolls: The Teddybabe Deluxe is a better Love Doll, while the Teddybabe Original is a better Sex Doll. I enjoy both dolls for both activities, but I tend to use the TD more for fantasy play and the TO more for banging.

WHICH DOLL IS BETTER?
I recommend choosing the doll which has the most desirable characteristics for your personal taste. Each doll is better than the other in certain areas, but you cannot go wrong with either doll with one exception: You will be much happier with an OT if you plan to use your Teddybabe as a frequent travel doll.

I hope this helps any of you are considering adopting a Teddybabe into your home.

DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

tchon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Deluxe vs Original Teddbabe - Buyer's Guide

Post by tchon »

Thanks for the review and comparison, DollAfficionado! :thumbs_up:

I have one addition and one question.

First for the addition: I guess you have one of the "classic" standard Teddy Babes, not of the "neo-classic", as they are made nowadays. My dolls are of the "neo-classic" kind, and like their larger sisters they have a somewhat longer neck and can turn their head all around (even though I guess their neck is somewhat shorter.)

Now the question: you say that you fell the classic Teddy Babe is better for sex and the Deluxe is better for love. I have to Deluxe, but I assumed (but never know) that it is rather the other way round. If I have sex with my dolls, it usually ends up doll on top, as I found all other positions quite tricky. Especially missionary is quite out of the question for me. I always thought this would be better possible with Deluxe. Seems I am wrong, or do you just do not like missionary much? (I can easily imagine the part about the "position changing", however.)

Fenrisulfr
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fenrisulfr »

A thorough review, very tempting for the delux :)
"I don't have dirty thoughts.............I have unapologetically normal thoughts which happen to be intensely erotic."

1jayjay
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by 1jayjay »

Thanks a very in depth review, DollAfficionado. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Hi DollAfficionado, great review :thumbs_up:
As an owner of both a TBO (neo classic) and TBD, I can hardly add anything to it.
May be one thing, my TBD has clothing size S. At her hips it shouldn't be any larger, but sometimes S is to small for her boobies.
And to tchon's question: with a TBD, missionary is nice if you put a pillow under her bum :o

cosycottage

Post by cosycottage »

Excellent work! :razz:
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Nice review, although some of those may be up to personal opinion.

You might want to add one more - the size of your bed.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

Welcome back, DollAfficionado, I'm glad to see you're still around! :D
You've made a superb comparison review between the original/standard and deluxe Teddy Babes. It is indeed very thorough, well-organized, and beneficial to future TB companions everywhere.

However, there is only one minor point that should be clarified:
DollAfficionado wrote:A TD can turn her head to the side to kiss you in bed, while an OT must turn her upper body to do so.
Not true. All Teddy Babes are able to rotate their heads around, in addition to tilting forward and backward, and tilting side to side. This has been a feature of TBs right from their start in 2006, and there's photographic proof of it both at Eighth Wonder's Teddy Babe website and here in various members' Doll Albums.

It is however true that head-rotating takes significant effort with an original TB like mine. The joint has apparently been made looser in newer models (which is good).

Also, if I may, I'd like to add a couple of comparison photos to complement your review.
Here are the original/standard and deluxe versions of the gorgeous Cindy-model:

The first one shows height measurements in inches. (5 feet 4 inches = 64 inches)

And the second one shows it in centimeters. (It's also been flipped over just for a change.)
Note that the lower legs of the original/standard Cindy have been stretched to approximate the new standard leg length of all non-deluxe Teddy Babes.

A 6-foot-tall person's height would equate to 180 centimeters.

NDCowboy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by NDCowboy »

What an amazingly informative post. This has helped me tremendously with my research into dolls and doll relationships. Thanks a bunch to everyone.

DollAfficionado

Instead of responding to individual posts, I am bumping my TO vs TBD post to the front page since it answers many of the recent questions new users have been asking.

DollAfficionado (D.A.) :)

john1972
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by john1972 »

Should you buy a teddy babe?
Umm YES YES YES YES AND YES..
We cant have world domination if you dont help spread the Teddy Babes :)
Hmm the words Teddy Babes and Spreading in the same line, I didnt mean this really :plaidskirt:

OldCrow
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by OldCrow »

I'm a UK member and have had my TB Deluxe now for six months of heaven. Thanks for an excellent guide; I'd echo everything you say. I've found my girl is really two clothes sizes in one as her boobies make her top a size larger than her lower half but I agree they look great in clothes. Another thing I'm amazed at is her sheer size; they do vary a little and mine is at least two inches taller than the nominal 5 ft 4 inches; she sure fills the bed; you'll need a double or you'll be sleeping on the couch. Incredibly cuddly, tactile and sensual; so warm with silky human-like skin; real love-dolls rather than sex objects, I'd thoroughly recommend Teddy Babes, you can fall in love with them - I have with mine.

DollAfficionado

A note to potential buyers:

Remember that this versus-based review is really splitting hairs. You are sure to enjoy your Teddybabe regardless which type you purchase. To reiterate: if your Teddybabe will primarily serve as a travel doll, I strongly recommend the Teddybabe Original; travelling with the TO is just so much easier than the Teddybabe Deluxe - {experience to back it up}.

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

The perfect solution: Get one of each! that's what I did, and I couldn't be happier :D , except for the desire to have two or three of each.
That day will come though, I am sure.

INFORMATIONS