teddy-babes.com

Cleaning Teddy Babes

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
digitalcavebear
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Cleaning Teddy Babes

Post by digitalcavebear »

Awesome job with a thorough process description Sekhmet! She's looking good.

And green eyes with purple eye shadow is distinctly a Lisa trait unless she's had her eye decals replaced.
Lovin' my Rhonda since April, 13th, 2018.
Rhonda is a 2nd generation Lisa Deluxe Teddy-Babe.

Sekhmet

Post by Sekhmet »

digitalcavebear wrote:Awesome job with a thorough process description Sekhmet! She's looking good.

And green eyes with purple eye shadow is distinctly a Lisa trait unless she's had her eye decals replaced.
I thought maybe others who "inherited" a Teddy Babe or whose girl needs a makeover would appreciate the details, especially the steaming process. I've read other threads strongly advising against steam cleaning, but I found it does no harm if done carefully.

I doubt her eye decals were replaced, so I guess she's a Lisa! I like her green eyes. I call her Lindsay now. I just gave her some new lashes last night.
2018-10-05 20.30.23.jpg
2018-10-05 20.30.23.jpg (671.52 KiB) Viewed 4080 times

Sekhmet

Post by Sekhmet »

digitalcavebear wrote:Awesome job with a thorough process description Sekhmet! She's looking good.

I thought maybe others who "inherited" a Teddy Babe or whose girl needs a makeover would appreciate the details, especially the steaming process. I've read other threads strongly advising against steam cleaning, but I found it does no harm if done carefully.

I doubt her eye decals were replaced, so I guess she's a Lisa! I like her green eyes. I call her Lindsay now. I just gave her some new lashes last night.
2018-10-05 20.30.23.jpg
2018-10-05 20.30.23.jpg (671.52 KiB) Viewed 4080 times

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

good with lashes :thumbs_up:

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

samara78 wrote:I found out oxy clean in the spray bottle even removes ink from the plush as well. Took all the ground in dirt out of her plush as well.
I gotta say this stuff really works! Lexy was getting a bit of a "teddy tan" on her face from sleeping with me every night and I was able to clean her up quite nicely. :D
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Danny81

Post by Danny81 »

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

I'm guessing it would be fine if germs are your only concern, but I would recommend something more for cleaning fabric. Dirt, dust, dye, skin oils, and sweat are probably more of the reasons people clean their Teddy Babes. If you bought a used Teddy Babe or were sick and she put on her nurse outfit and cuddled you through the ailment maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea though. I wouldn't use it for regular cleaning though as it looks more of a disinfectant than a cleaner.

Danny81

Post by Danny81 »

wonder if i can use this to clean then

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Siege-Teddy-Be ... :rk:1:pf:0

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

Great thread thankyou :thumbs_up: :D
Matt

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Danny81 wrote:wonder if i can use this to clean then

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Siege-Teddy-Be ... :rk:1:pf:0
It looks like it might be ok. Although I've never tried it and don't know how well it works.
I have had great results with this though:
Oxi-clean 001.JPG
Oxi-clean 001.JPG (1021.19 KiB) Viewed 3939 times
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Sekhmet

Post by Sekhmet »

I've tested both laundry and carpet stain removers on my two dolls who were second hand and had to be thoroughly cleaned. The winner for me is Resolve carpet spot cleaner. Not only does it remove the stain on the surface but it absorbs deep into the stuffing to lift out deep stains.

I did a head to head test on the legs of my anime doll Sayuri, and used a UV flashlight to confirm if the stains were really gone. I used Shout laundry stain remover, all it did was spread the stains out and make them worse. Resolve lifted stains I didn't know were there and I could easily blot them out with an old towel. It's also important to note that laundry stain removers are meant to be washed/rinsed out in your washer. Carpet stain removers don't need to be rinsed out.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Sekhmet wrote:I've tested both laundry and carpet stain removers on my two dolls who were second hand and had to be thoroughly cleaned. The winner for me is Resolve carpet spot cleaner. Not only does it remove the stain on the surface but it absorbs deep into the stuffing to lift out deep stains.

I did a head to head test on the legs of my anime doll Sayuri, and used a UV flashlight to confirm if the stains were really gone. I used Shout laundry stain remover, all it did was spread the stains out and make them worse. Resolve lifted stains I didn't know were there and I could easily blot them out with an old towel. It's also important to note that laundry stain removers are meant to be washed/rinsed out in your washer. Carpet stain removers don't need to be rinsed out.
My late mom always used Resolve or Glory to clean our plush toys when I was a kid, with a health dose of Lysol disinfectant spray afterward. :thumbs_up:

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

I remember seeing someone else using that exact same teddy bear cleaner. They thought it worked fine, although how it compares vs. other products I do not know.

set track

Post by set track »

interesting read - have picked up load's of tip's - my Lisa is due for a quick rub (a cat lick :mrgreen: )

ST

gentlecuddle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gentlecuddle »

How long are you supposed to let any stain remover soak in?
Quite scared to do it, but around the pussy area there was some black stains now i used a toothbrush and some mild handsoap. But regret it since its now a very light grey stain and the toothbrush made the pluche not as soft anymore rather ''scrubbed''.

INFORMATIONS