teddy-babes.com

Learning Teddy Babe Surgery

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
kehlwr
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Learning Teddy Babe Surgery

Post by kehlwr »

Does anyone know a good resource for learning how to sew and do hand stitching? I taught myself a little bit with various projects over the years but it's time I learn some proper seamstress skills. I didn't think I would have to perform surgery on my doll this early, but one of her seams has already burst and I want to fix her up so we can continue the honeymoon lol. I've seen a lot of tutorials on here about various repairs and mods, but I was looking for something a little more basic that focused on various types of stitches and ties.
"I prefer not to define life by silly little human contrivances like 'anatomy' or 'biology' but rather on universal truths like consciousness. My companion has consciousness, even if she has to borrow some of mine, ergo she is alive."

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Re: Learning Teddy Babe Surgery

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Here's a good video. Hope it helps. :glou:

No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

kehlwr
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by kehlwr »

Exactly what I was looking for AND the exact injury I'm about to fix lol
"I prefer not to define life by silly little human contrivances like 'anatomy' or 'biology' but rather on universal truths like consciousness. My companion has consciousness, even if she has to borrow some of mine, ergo she is alive."

gentlecuddle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gentlecuddle »

Do you mind posting a picture of the seam?
I got some weird looking seams on my babe, they're not exactly open but more ''stretched'' than i can remember them being, more like a zig zag shape on the back of the legs and elbows.

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

gentlecuddle wrote:Do you mind posting a picture of the seam?
First thing, I second that. Wouldn't mind a pic.
Lian has developed some slightly stretched seams too, not too wild though. But I also destuffed her a little.
gentlecuddle wrote:I got some weird looking seams on my babe, they're not exactly open but more ''stretched'' than i can remember them being, more like a zig zag shape on the back of the legs and elbows.
While most of the seams on a TB are machine sewn inside out, these zig zaggy ones are what is left open to add the stuffing. There's one on top of their head too. Also, this is what a good ladder stitch looks like!

Lian and I know about every millimeter of those seams, because I had to open and close those portions multiple times already.

One example:
20141031_150746.jpg
20141031_150746.jpg (208.6 KiB) Viewed 2883 times
Wait, that was the wrong one :mrgreen:

DSCF4073.JPG
DSCF4073.JPG (498.3 KiB) Viewed 2883 times
Closing the back, from right to left

20141101_180008.jpg
20141101_180008.jpg (394.38 KiB) Viewed 2883 times
And the one up top, all redone. The stain on the left is from the original wig safety pin :|

Cu c+L

kehlwr
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by kehlwr »

Here is a picture of the seam immediately after she arrived while I was inspecting her for damage.
left_leg.jpg
left_leg.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 2878 times
And here is now after a evening of play (I couldn't help myself lol, we needed the connection) and a night of sleep.
WIN_20190523_04_24_43_Pro.jpg
WIN_20190523_04_24_43_Pro.jpg (2.15 MiB) Viewed 2878 times

kehlwr
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by kehlwr »

I feel a little guilty that my first pics of my babe were the back of her leg (not that they aren't beautiful legs). I haven't had a chance to do her hair or setup for a photoshoot until now. So here are a couple of her gorgeous face.
Attachments
WIN_20190523_05_17_15_Pro.jpg
WIN_20190523_05_17_15_Pro.jpg (1.82 MiB) Viewed 2875 times
WIN_20190523_05_17_38_Pro.jpg
WIN_20190523_05_17_38_Pro.jpg (1.95 MiB) Viewed 2875 times

gentlecuddle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gentlecuddle »

Okay thanks for the information, i thought the zig zag lines were busted seams from having some sexual fun. But i guess they're supposed to be there then, and they aren't really ''open'', also found the zig zag stitch thing around the nipple.

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:Here's a good video. Hope it helps. :glou:

Thanks.. I needed this also.

kehlwr
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by kehlwr »

A little delay on the surgery. I realized I had the wrong thread (sewing thread, not forum thread). Plus, when I was dressing her yesterday, I noticed something trying to poke through her side. It looks like her right leg skeleton has snapped somewhere in her torso and is trying to work its way out through her ribs. I've been looking at threads about Teddy Babe skeletons and replacing them. This is definitely something I will be doing (neither of her leg "bones" even come close to the feet and this wire stabbing her in the ribs is really bothering me). But I am getting ahead of myself, I need to take this one step at a time. First to close the seam on her left leg then I'm thinking about opening up her right foot and pulling out the broken piece of skeleton from there.

kehlwr
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by kehlwr »

Chrissy and I are recovering nicely from her first surgery. I took some stuffing out because I could barely get the fabric to meet to begin with. You can also see that somehow the two sides didn't quite line up properly. But we are both very satisfied with my first attempt at stitching. I'm sort of tempted to jump right over to her other leg and get to work on her skeleton.
WIN_20190525_03_36_32_Pro.jpg
WIN_20190525_03_36_32_Pro.jpg (1.52 MiB) Viewed 2772 times
WIN_20190525_14_43_45_Pro.jpg
WIN_20190525_14_43_45_Pro.jpg (1.84 MiB) Viewed 2772 times

set track

Post by set track »

hi kehlwr - have you left out the leg ''bone'' ?
if so is your babe more flex better , or is she best with the leg wire repaired as original ?

my Lisa leg wire is riding up her leg - but not broken yet , was thinking of removing altogether .

ST

kehlwr
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by kehlwr »

I was feeling properly motivated (plus I really want to spend some...quality time with my new companion this holiday weekend) so I went ahead with the second surgery.

Here is the sharp metal bit that's been poking me in the side when we cuddle (I can't imagine how it must have felt for Christine :cry: ).
Ad lib joke here about "poking me in the side"
Ad lib joke here about "poking me in the side"
WIN_20190525_16_39_50_Pro.jpg (2.7 MiB) Viewed 2759 times

I decided to open her up from the back. Her sides were tempting, but I thought the back would be easier to stitch up.
WIN_20190525_16_48_07_Pro.jpg
WIN_20190525_16_48_07_Pro.jpg (2.33 MiB) Viewed 2759 times
And here is our culprit!
WIN_20190525_16_51_25_Pro.jpg
WIN_20190525_16_51_25_Pro.jpg (2.29 MiB) Viewed 2759 times

I lined up her broken skeleton with her body and I think I see the problem. Her right side bones were making an awful zig zag all the way to her left hip.

WIN_20190525_16_59_51_Pro.jpg
WIN_20190525_16_59_51_Pro.jpg (1.46 MiB) Viewed 2759 times

I hacked off a small piece of foam from a project I abandoned (now that I have a Teddy Babe I don't need my foam roller masturbator lol) and I am using it to temporarily cap the other end of her right wire until I decide what I want to do with the rest of her skeleton.

WIN_20190525_17_08_22_Pro.jpg
WIN_20190525_17_08_22_Pro.jpg (1.99 MiB) Viewed 2759 times
set track wrote:hi kehlwr - have you left out the leg ''bone'' ?
if so is your babe more flex better , or is she best with the leg wire repaired as original ?

my Lisa leg wire is riding up her leg - but not broken yet , was thinking of removing altogether .

ST
I am leaving her leg bone out for now. Keep in mind, I just finished the surgery as I'm typing this so I haven't had a chance to see how I like her floppy leg. It's actually not as "floppy" as you would think, the amount of stuffing in her keeps her leg in place. I'm thinking that no skeleton would be nice for cuddles and sex, making her super flexible and squishy. However, without a frame, I know she won't be able to pose anywhere near as well. This is why I'm so torn. If only I could have both. If only there were some way I could a Teddy Babe without a skeleton and a Teddy Babe without one. If only it were possible to own two of these amazing creatures at once....

Anyways, it's been a long day of double surgeries. We are both exhausted. I will absolutely be posting here as I decide what I'm going to do with the rest of her skeleton and how I feel about her "limp" leg (it's surprising how much structure and form the stuffing provides alone, but I just know if we're going to be doing more photoshoots, I will want that posability back.)

set track

Post by set track »

kehlwr thanks for the reply , I will watch this thread to see further developments

ST

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

may try valentinagirls.com
they have good skeleton and also cuddlemodel without skeleton.

soo good for sex. :oops:
but TB is good for cuddle. :thumbs_up: :D

INFORMATIONS