teddy-babes.com

New TB owner, also new on this forum.

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
TakersRose

Re: New TB owner, also new on this forum.

Post by TakersRose »

gentlecuddle wrote:The problem with the wig is mainly how to attach it and keep it from falling off the head.
Oh I see! Do post a photo, I'm sure there's someone here who will be more than happy and able to assist you. :D
Official Doll Accessories Fund = 47.00

Leia Marie - Teddy Bade - Doll Companion
Dyanna Lioncourt - Tonner Carol Barrie Model ~ Alpha Doll
Sarina - Phicen ~Sarina Valentina Body w/Jakks Pacific Paradise Dolls Head~
Cinderella -38" My Size Disney Cinderella Doll "
Belle - 38" My Size Disney Belle Doll

gentlecuddle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gentlecuddle »

Nipple fading:

Finger tip fading:

Original wig: Which has a ''loop'' to connect with the small safety pin that's on the head however it still comes lose. I also don't know how the 2 ends are supposed to be used, they can be connected but i can't find a instruction anywhere

Here's the wig Vicky currently loves and how i have it attached:

it's actually horrible this way since the 2 ends seem to leave a mark in the pluche but this way it seems to stay on the head pretty good.

john1972
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by john1972 »

Welcome to the world of Teddy Babes gentlecuddle.
They are great girls and will be with you for many years if you take good care of them :).

:thumbs_up:

john1972
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by john1972 »

Hey cuddly I can't remember did you make that hair for your girl?
I'm debating on some kinda hair like that for Katie the whole rats nest thing after a while is a pain lol.

gentlecuddle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gentlecuddle »

Everything i have atm is original stuff or extra wigs from the site i got them from.
This short wig also seems to become knoted though, just bought a comb for girls to keep it nice.

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

john1972 wrote:Hey cuddly I can't remember did you make that hair for your girl?
Yep, sure did. The pic earlier today in this thread was style #1, this here shows her current style:
DSCF5063.JPG
DSCF5063.JPG (572.15 KiB) Viewed 1706 times
And since I did not consider her lips really nice and kissable (too hard and cold for me, sry), she got new ones:
DSCF4359.JPG
DSCF4359.JPG (765.44 KiB) Viewed 1706 times
Also that black hairdo did not work out too well, but as for the lips: White cloth, red felt, red thread, and much acetone.

Sadly because Lian got her first plush hair very early in her life with me, I can't really help with getting standard to stay on.

CU c+L

gentlecuddle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gentlecuddle »

Not sure if i missed it but how do your wigs work?
Is it made out of metal wires or something so that it stays on the head?

Alucard1959
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Alucard1959 »

There should be a ribbon sewed to the back edge of the wig. The hooks on the straps hook into the ribbon. I always end up crossing them,one side to the other.
Imaginary lovers never turn you down. They always care, they're always there when you need satisfaction guaranteed. Your mine,anytime, my imaginary lover.
"Atlanta Rythum Section"

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Is this the wig that she came with?
akbpm8.jpg
akbpm8.jpg (632.12 KiB) Viewed 1699 times
It looks a little different than the one that came with Lexy. There are supposed to be some loops for the straps to go through so that the straps can wrap around the inside of the skull cap section. As well as evenly spaced sections of a ribbon-like material for the hooks to latch onto so that the tightness can be adjusted.
You don't want the adjustment too tight, but just tight enough to keep the wig in place. And since the elastic will lose elasticity over time, you will need to adjust it a little tighter as needed. So by having it TOO tight, you will overstretch the elastic too quickly and won't have any adjustability left.
While these aren't the highest quality wigs, I haven't had any problems keeping Lexy's in place once I figured out how to adjust the tightness. And I haven't had to use the safety pins either.
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

gentlecuddle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gentlecuddle »

Yeah the blonde wig is what she came with. The ribbon or whatever things on the side can be connected i just dont know how to connect it around the head. Honestly there isnt much else except a safett pin on top of the head which is connectes to a small loop in the orginal wig but while sleeping it came of multiple times. The way i jave it attached now works fine. But i dont think im using it as intended. It was originally connected but when it came lose i decides to connect it under her chin. Not sure how i make it tighter but just seen a video and the strap has to go at the back on the skull. So ill try that tonight anf see how thigt i can make it. Typed on phone.

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

use ordinary safety pin.

Henry869
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Henry869 »

Hi gentlecuddle, welcome, This is a great forum to be on! Lots of good advice and lots of stuff on many dolls.
I just received my own new Teddy B, a Diana standard an older model, whom I’ve named Celine. I’m very impressed with my T Babe so far after knowing her for two days...
Tori, a Smart Doll Trinity

The Aiko doll sestras... Lizette (82cm) Addison (63cm Elf) Annette (60cm original Aiko) Leena (Aiko bjd) and Rose (wire skeleton Aiko prototype).

Celine (Teddy Babe standard Diana)
———
Hundreds of years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that my ruins become a tourist attraction.

Henry869
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Henry869 »

Cuddly, I hope this isn’t out of line but, I really like the black hairstyle you made in the pic below, that you posted earlier. I have just become a TB man, with a Diana standard named Celine. :D
That hair would be so cool for her... would you consider making and shipping one to me? I can pay by PayPal, you can pm me if you’re interested in working out details. If not, no worries! But I *had* to ask... Thanks!
Attachments
E1FCB887-7B67-4D79-99AD-829C4F517EA6.jpeg
E1FCB887-7B67-4D79-99AD-829C4F517EA6.jpeg (776.11 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
Tori, a Smart Doll Trinity

The Aiko doll sestras... Lizette (82cm) Addison (63cm Elf) Annette (60cm original Aiko) Leena (Aiko bjd) and Rose (wire skeleton Aiko prototype).

Celine (Teddy Babe standard Diana)
———
Hundreds of years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that my ruins become a tourist attraction.

gentlecuddle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gentlecuddle »

Decided to put the wig as tight as i can over the skull cap and legit pierced the safety pin through the wig. Seems to stay on pretty well now, tried brushing the hair but i feel like i either need a softer brush or try to make smaller strokes. It really gives a lot of resistance when i try to comb it straight.

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

@Henry869: I replied by PM to keep the thread on topic :whistle:

INFORMATIONS