teddy-babes.com

Teddybabes ultra questions

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
colin565
Apprentice
Apprentice

Teddybabes ultra questions

Post by colin565 »

Hi guys. I have owned a TPE doll for years to keep me company in my bed as do not like to sleep alone, but although the doll is realistic looking, it is excessively heavy at 22kg, even being only 5 foot tall. The time has come to replace it for a much lighter doll.

I have been deciding over the years that a lighter doll is for me now, and teddybabes are only 3kg for the taller deluxe model, but are not so realistic, being a cloth doll.

At last an answer....
Looking at these new teddybabes ultra dolls may be the answer that I have been looking for, that combines more realism with light weight.

A few questions....
Looking that the teddybabes website I cannot find the weight of the doll, does anyone know?
I assume that it is a bit heavier than the 3kg teddybabes deluxe.

Also i was wondering how the silicon head is fitted to the cloth doll?
Glued on, screwed on, fixed or replaceable. Don't want the head falling off :D
Anyone know the price in USA dollars for one?

Thanks.

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Teddybabes ultra questions

Post by Zang »

Hi colin -- I found a few answers to your questions.

About the Teddy Babe Ultra weight, your guess of it being a bit heavier than the 3kg Deluxe sounds about right. There's nothing that would make it noticeably heavier than that.

Looks like Eighth Wonder is sticking to their "introductory" price of $1200 (USD), plus shipping & handling, although the Ultra models have been available going on about five months now... which is kind of a long-ish "introduction". :turn-l:

There's a good TB Ultra discussion thread here that includes a detailed review with photos of the Sheba Ultra model, where you can see how the silicone head is fitted to the plush body.
Actually, the Ultra head is half-silicone (front) and half-plush (back), with the material boundary normally hidden by the doll's wig. And like ALL Teddy Babe heads, the head is not meant to be removable -- so there's no worries about a head popping off.

(Wig, maybe, but not head. :wink: )

colin565
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by colin565 »

Thanks Zang, they do no seem to be in the UK yet, only teddybabes deluxe or normal, but would expect a 10% increase due to shipment to here. will have to look out for them.

To import one direct from USA adds a lot to customs import tax, as for some reason USA to UK taxes are very high, after buying car parts from there, nearly 25% :evil:

So will wait till a shop like Lovehoney UK sells them here.

Cheers Colin.

Comicsample
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Comicsample »

I too am a plush convert due to the lower weight, easy to hide and warm to touch benefits. I eagerly await the ultra dolls with realistic heads but am happy with the standard until that day arrives.

INFORMATIONS