teddy-babes.com

Teddy Babe Torso Doll? Possible Idea

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.

Would a Torso-Doll Teddy Babe seem like a good idea to you?

Yes
31%
No
69%

Total votes: 13

Invo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Teddy Babe Torso Doll? Possible Idea

Post by Invo »

Just had an interesting idea so I thought I'd share it here.

Has anyone ever attempted to modify say a torn teddy babe to make a torso doll out of one? Or likewise would anyone be interested in owning a torso-only teddy babe?

Seeing that a key point of these dolls is their cuddly nature, having a teddy babe torso doll seems like an interesting way to have a literal body pillow; comfortable to use as a pillow and naturally functional as a regular doll, just give or take some limbs.

Personally, I think it would be a cool way to minimalism manufacturing costs to therefore lower sale price on some models, allow for convenient storage options/transport due to the absence of arms and legs, and possibly adding a cool new product to the lineup simply by tweaking the design of current dolls.

What do you guys think?

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Re: Teddy Babe Torso Doll? Possible Idea

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I think the Meiki Plush has been doing a good job for the guys who want a plush torso. Although the main difference is that it lacks the cute Teddy Babe type head. (Or any head at all for that matter) But other than that, it's a good approximation to a Teddy Babe torso.

At any rate, I think it would be pretty easy for someone with the proper sewing skills to make something like this from an old Teddy Babe.
In fact, it might be the ONLY way to have one as I don't think Eighth Wonder would ever be interested in making a Teddy Babe torso.

If I was to change anything, it would be to get the legs to spread better for sex as that has been an issue with my standard Babes. Although it might be different with the newer deluxes.
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

Sacrilege! I refuse to even think of that! :shakefist:

Nah seriously, I would not want to miss any part of my Babe. Maybe change some stuff, but that's the max. Not leaving any bit off.
Someone posted a French sales ad of a TB with legs cut off (same purpose - torso babe). May have been over on UKLDF, the ad was not related to any of those two forums. Man, that hurt, that poor thing looked kinda like a war victim, land mine or something. Really, just nope.

Pa Ubu

Post by Pa Ubu »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:I think the Meiki Plush has been doing a good job for the guys who want a plush torso. Although the main difference is that it lacks the cute Teddy Babe type head. (Or any head at all for that matter)
The Meiki DX does indeed have a head, though it's featureless.

(Hrm, I seem to be the Meiki Plush DX advocate lately... Maybe I should contact Meiki and see if I can get a cut... ;) )
Pa to Devlin (Meiki Plush), Grace (Meiki Plush Evo), and Laney Catherine (SRSD SY Doll 161cm TPE w/ silicone head S99), and soon Ariadne Calista (SRSD 157cm 'Sola')
----
(BUGS BUNNY cocks a thumb at the robot girl rabbit walking past)
BUGS: Mechanical.
(Robot girl rabbit turns and kisses BUGS, who goes all squishy)
BUGS: Well, so it's MECHANICAL!

Pa Ubu

Post by Pa Ubu »

cuddly wrote:Sacrilege! I refuse to even think of that! :shakefist:

Nah seriously, I would not want to miss any part of my Babe. Maybe change some stuff, but that's the max. Not leaving any bit off.
Someone posted a French sales ad of a TB with legs cut off (same purpose - torso babe). May have been over on UKLDF, the ad was not related to any of those two forums. Man, that hurt, that poor thing looked kinda like a war victim, land mine or something. Really, just nope.
That's what's driving me to think about a full-body doll; I love love my Meiki DX but I can't put nice leggings on her 'cause she doesn't have legs! (And quite frankly some of the silicone torsos I've seen have brought back creepy memories of when I made the mistake of watching Boxing Helena... eeeyurgh... :cry: )
Pa to Devlin (Meiki Plush), Grace (Meiki Plush Evo), and Laney Catherine (SRSD SY Doll 161cm TPE w/ silicone head S99), and soon Ariadne Calista (SRSD 157cm 'Sola')
----
(BUGS BUNNY cocks a thumb at the robot girl rabbit walking past)
BUGS: Mechanical.
(Robot girl rabbit turns and kisses BUGS, who goes all squishy)
BUGS: Well, so it's MECHANICAL!

Hagen of Tronje

Post by Hagen of Tronje »

If they make Teddy Babe torsos without arms, hands, legs and feet then how will this babe be able to go to the fridge and fetch me a beer?

Nope. Don't like the idea. I love the legs and feet of my babes and arms and hands for a full cuddling experience.

You can get a Meiki Plush or a Meiki Plush DX if you want a plush torso.

The Meiki Plush has no arms, no head, nearly no legs:

https://www.toydemon.com/meiki-plush-doll

The Meiki Plush DX has additional arms, hands (kind of, no fingers), and a head without a face:

https://www.toydemon.com/meiki-plush-dx

Then there are products by Kanojotoys with at least 13 different plush torsos:

https://www.kanojotoys.com/japanese-plu ... -c-37.html

No need for a TB torso I think.

Hagen

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Pa Ubu wrote:
Stewie studmuffin wrote:I think the Meiki Plush has been doing a good job for the guys who want a plush torso. Although the main difference is that it lacks the cute Teddy Babe type head. (Or any head at all for that matter)
The Meiki DX does indeed have a head, though it's featureless.
Yeah, you're right. I just learned about the DX model. I haven't been keeping up with things and was only aware of the original Meiki. :oops:
Hagen of Tronje wrote:If they make Teddy Babe torsos without arms, hands, legs and feet then how will this babe be able to go to the fridge and fetch me a beer?

That would be a concern of mine as well. :lol:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

I say what’s the point. No leggings, no stockings, .... no legs.
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

They need to fix their skeleton before they do anything
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Henry869
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Henry869 »

I like the Teddy Babe design with appendages. I don’t own one but have been looking at their website.

I’d like it if they made a smaller version... not a lot smaller maybe around 4’-9” or something? Just a little shorter for easier storage and for us short fellas to feel tall! Lol
Tori, a Smart Doll Trinity

The Aiko doll sestras... Lizette (82cm) Addison (63cm Elf) Annette (60cm original Aiko) Leena (Aiko bjd) and Rose (wire skeleton Aiko prototype).

Celine (Teddy Babe standard Diana)
———
Hundreds of years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that my ruins become a tourist attraction.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Henry869 wrote: I’d like it if they made a smaller version... not a lot smaller maybe around 4’-9” or something? Just a little shorter for easier storage and for us short fellas to feel tall! Lol
I agree. This is why they should bring the standard models back as they are much more convenient and easier to handle than the deluxe models. While the deluxe models are light enough, the overall size can make them a bit much to handle.
With that being said, I find that my two standard babes are a little smaller than I would prefer. But 4'-9" would be pretty close to perfect for me. :thumbs_up:

Henry869
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Henry869 »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:
Henry869 wrote: I’d like it if they made a smaller version... not a lot smaller maybe around 4’-9” or something? Just a little shorter for easier storage and for us short fellas to feel tall! Lol
I agree. This is why they should bring the standard models back as they are much more convenient and easier to handle than the deluxe models. While the deluxe models are light enough, the overall size can make them a bit much to handle.
With that being said, I find that my two standard babes are a little smaller than I would prefer. But 4'-9" would be pretty close to perfect for me. :thumbs_up:

Oddly enough I was discussing Teddy B on another thread, and it was mentioned to me that TB still had Standard Diana model still listed for sale. Ends up I ordered one. :D
Tori, a Smart Doll Trinity

The Aiko doll sestras... Lizette (82cm) Addison (63cm Elf) Annette (60cm original Aiko) Leena (Aiko bjd) and Rose (wire skeleton Aiko prototype).

Celine (Teddy Babe standard Diana)
———
Hundreds of years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove... But the world may be different because I did something so bafflingly crazy that my ruins become a tourist attraction.

blacksmith
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by blacksmith »

I think a torso doll is mainly for storage. The original TBs were the perfect size for hiding. I think they should bring back the smaller size dolls. Not sure why they were discontinued... possibly due to lack of sales?

BS
I can find the area under the curve, but I can't find my car in a parking lot!

I was once told "that's not possible", so I went out and did the impossible.

I fell in love with a doll...

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Henry869 wrote: Oddly enough I was discussing Teddy B on another thread, and it was mentioned to me that TB still had Standard Diana model still listed for sale. Ends up I ordered one. :D
That's great news! :D Can't wait to see her! :multi:
blacksmith wrote: The original TBs were the perfect size for hiding. I think they should bring back the smaller size dolls. Not sure why they were discontinued... possibly due to lack of sales?
If I had to guess, I think that might be the reason. I don't think they were selling as well as the deluxe models.
Or at least that was the impression that I got whenever anyone on the forum got a new Teddy Babe because it was usually a deluxe.
But at any rate, it's sad that there won't be anymore available after the current stock of Diana's are gone as the smaller size is so convenient.
I know that I love both of mine.

INFORMATIONS