teddy-babes.com

Updated Teddy Babes Questions

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
evervaliant

Updated Teddy Babes Questions

Post by evervaliant »

Hey all, it's been many years since iv'e been on the forum and since i bought a teddy babe (i own several) and seen a few changes done on the site and have a few questions.

1. The deluxe have been made the new standard size with reduced price? I remember the deluxe being 1100$ or so while the regular being 700$ or so.

2. The "smaller breasted" delux dolls are not listed on the order page, are they a special request? The Mai Ling doll is the one i'm looking for but can't find how to order... :?

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Re: Updated Teddy Babes Questions

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Welcome to the forum evervaliant! There have indeed been a few changes at Eighth Wonder. The standard Teddy Babes have been discontinued and the prices have come down quite a bit on the deluxe models.
I'm not sure why the smaller breasted Babes aren't listed on the order page as they are still listed on the site. But I certainly hope that they haven't been discontinued. 8O
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

As has been mentioned, the standards aren't available, but rumor has it they're coming back at some point. Not sure if that's true or not, but that's the story anyway. Prices went down, Ultras are new, and there's many new Deluxe models.

Yeah... looks like the smaller breasted Teddy Babes aren't on the order page. I don't know why. I know a bit ago I remember someone saying that after talking to the people at the company they said there was a bit of a wait if they wanted the smaller boobs, so I'm guessing it's a temporary thing??? Not sure though. I'd ask them. My bet is that you can get them but it will just take a little longer. Either way let us know. Now I'm curious, haha.

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

JackieTreehorn wrote:As has been mentioned, the standards aren't available, but rumor has it they're coming back at some point. Not sure if that's true or not, but that's the story anyway. Prices went down, Ultras are new, and there's many new Deluxe models.

Yeah... looks like the smaller breasted Teddy Babes aren't on the order page. I don't know why. I know a bit ago I remember someone saying that after talking to the people at the company they said there was a bit of a wait if they wanted the smaller boobs, so I'm guessing it's a temporary thing??? Not sure though. I'd ask them. My bet is that you can get them but it will just take a little longer. Either way let us know. Now I'm curious, haha.
Yes read that too, I sure hope the smaller breasted return. I have seen the pics of the Crissy (Lauren body) which was/is for sale and the smaller breasts look a lot better IMO (and are still sex-bomb-worthy) than the regular boobs which stand out too much to the sides.

You should simply email them at 8th wonder and ask for the smaller breasted ones. (and if you get an answer let us know :) )

If I buy another TB then for sure a smaller breasted one (most likely Lauren, Lisa's little sister).

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

So, how would you have your TB stand without holding them up yourself? I am wanting to pose Doc in standing positon (full size stuffed body ) for photoshoots, but am unsure of how to go about doing so?
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

Probably the best way would be to hang him up somewhere and then photoshop the rope out of the image.

TBDs can't stand since they have no posable skeleton and I don't want to change the position of her wires in her legs to not break them. Her legs are in kinda sitting position which is also good for cuddling.

Business_Casual2019
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Business_Casual2019 »

DocMoriarty wrote:
JackieTreehorn wrote:As has been mentioned, the standards aren't available, but rumor has it they're coming back at some point. Not sure if that's true or not, but that's the story anyway. Prices went down, Ultras are new, and there's many new Deluxe models.

Yes read that too, I sure hope the smaller breasted return. I have seen the pics of the Crissy (Lauren body) which was/is for sale and the smaller breasts look a lot better IMO (and are still sex-bomb-worthy) than the regular boobs which stand out too much to the sides.

You should simply email them at 8th wonder and ask for the smaller breasted ones. (and if you get an answer let us know :) )

If I buy another TB then for sure a smaller breasted one (most likely Lauren, Lisa's little sister).
Quote from my email with Jenni at Teddy Babes from this week...

"Our apologies, but we recently discontinued our smaller breasted models (Lauren, Daphne, and Mai Ling) because we ran out of pre-made smaller-breasted bodies and we aren't set up to mass produce more at the moment. We're not sure at this point when or if we will be re-issuing them; but, if we do, it will be later this year or early next year."

She also said they can make a Mai Ling with a larger breast body. Looks like it could be a long wait, I really prefer the smaller size too, the bigger ones hang off to the side too much and look wrong to me.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

i made a stand for my carly out of stuff i had around the workshop but you could buy them from home depot or lowe's.
101_0197.JPG
101_0197.JPG (1.75 MiB) Viewed 2225 times
from the top to show how it opens and closes.
the ring goes under her boobs you could put the ring around doc's chest and he would sit on the horizontal pipe.
101_0210.JPG
101_0210.JPG (643.45 KiB) Viewed 2225 times
carlys_guy

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Business_Casual2019 wrote:Quote from my email with Jenni at Teddy Babes from this week...

"Our apologies, but we recently discontinued our smaller breasted models (Lauren, Daphne, and Mai Ling) because we ran out of pre-made smaller-breasted bodies and we aren't set up to mass produce more at the moment. We're not sure at this point when or if we will be re-issuing them; but, if we do, it will be later this year or early next year."

She also said they can make a Mai Ling with a larger breast body. Looks like it could be a long wait, I really prefer the smaller size too, the bigger ones hang off to the side too much and look wrong to me.
Found a new "Made to Order" plush contender on Etsy: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&t=111279

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Docsgirl82 wrote:So, how would you have your TB stand without holding them up yourself? I am wanting to pose Doc in standing positon (full size stuffed body ) for photoshoots, but am unsure of how to go about doing so?
It's difficult if not impossible for her to stand freely. If you worked at it long enough you might get her to balance, but it would be tenuous at best even if you could achieve it. That being said, if she can lean against a wall (or something) a little it's not too hard.

I don't know enough about how Doc is made to know if that will help or not though. Does he have any kind of skeleton? If not he might not have enough structural support to stand.

If you're thinking of making a skeleton check out the Teddy Babe repair subforum: viewforum.php?f=187 There's some pretty amazing stuff in there. Maybe everything won't apply to you, but there might be some good ideas.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

I don't have a deluxe Babe so I can't comment on their stand ability. But my two standard Babes can stand if supported. Although they don't really like to do so for two reasons:
1) They are really lazy and only want to sit around and look pretty. :mrgreen:
and
2) The wires in their legs tend to bend under the weight. Although this seems to be more of an issue with my older Babe Michelle (who was born in 2006) than her younger sister Lexy (who was born in 2016)
I think this is due to the newer ones being made with thicker gauge wire. Then again Michelle has a lot more mileage on her than her sister so.............OWWW! She just hit me for saying that she has a lot of mileage on her. :oops:
But it's all good now. I told her that if she wasn't so lovable then she wouldn't have acquired all that mileage. :D
So I think she will be ok now. Teddy Babes are really understanding like that. :wink:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

My 2018 TBD's feet are not connected to the wires in the legs, they can move totally freely so they can't stand at all, no matter what you do. Would probably work with high boots but the problem there is that TBDs legs are actually too slim to fill boots.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

I think they may have changed the skeleton design on the newer Babes as they seem to be able to hold a sitting position easier than the older versions. Although I haven't read anything to officially confirm that. I'm just basing this off of the comments of guys who have gotten new Teddy Babes within the last year as well as pictures that I have seen.
Business_Casual2019 wrote: Quote from my email with Jenni at Teddy Babes from this week...

I really do hope that the smaller breasted versions return because if I ever get a new deluxe Babe I'm leaning more toward that type for the same reason.
They just seem more natural.

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

Stewie studmuffin wrote:I think they may have changed the skeleton design on the newer Babes as they seem to be able to hold a sitting position easier than the older versions. Although I haven't read anything to officially confirm that. I'm just basing this off of the comments of guys who have gotten new Teddy Babes within the last year as well as pictures that I have seen.
Business_Casual2019 wrote: Quote from my email with Jenni at Teddy Babes from this week...

I really do hope that the smaller breasted versions return because if I ever get a new deluxe Babe I'm leaning more toward that type for the same reason.
They just seem more natural.
Yep me too!

kambui
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by kambui »

Hi I have a question. I didn't want to start a new thread. I just got a Diana standard, and want to know if I can use a little ladies perfume on her? It seems I could, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks!

INFORMATIONS