teddy-babes.com

Silicone Teddy Babes

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Silicone Teddy Babes

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Just a crazy idea:
Since Eighth Wonder has introduced the Teddy Babe Ultras, which are basically regular Teddy Babes with a silicone mask, why not take the concept all the way and make a Teddy Babe completely covered in silicone?
If this could work it would be a game changer in the doll market as it would allow for full size silicone dolls at drastically reduced weights. :idea:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Silicone Teddy Babes

Post by Zang »

Sounds nice in theory, but full silicone skin would be a real toughie to craft when you think about how many joints and other changes in the surface there are. Compared to all that, a head is a whole lot easier to achieve.

Still, there are a couple of similar dolls to this full-size/realistic/light weight basic concept, like Doll Sweet's EX-Lite; and a few years ago, Maidlee Doll made a realistic latex-skinned doll known as the Maid-Ling.
She looked great, but unfortunately wasn't very posable. More posable than a mannequin, but not by much.

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

may EW can make masks for face and put on head at our old ordinary TB s

but with a litle Moore happy smile

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

Zang wrote:Sounds nice in theory, but full silicone skin would be a real toughie to craft when you think about how many joints and other changes in the surface there are. Compared to all that, a head is a whole lot easier to achieve.

Still, there are a couple of similar dolls to this full-size/realistic/light weight basic concept, like Doll Sweet's EX-Lite; and a few years ago, Maidlee Doll made a realistic latex-skinned doll known as the Maid-Ling.
She looked great, but unfortunately wasn't very posable. More posable than a mannequin, but not by much.

for posable.
may Valentina girls

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

Not sure that would make sense at all. Silicone or TPE isn't really realistic when touched. It's sticky and cold. Yadda yadda corn starch yadda blah baby powdeer yadda baby oil blah blah yadda.

Seriously since I have my Teddybabe I don't need anything else. I've been cuddling with her since I have her, every night and many hours on weekends and I have 8-9 times fun with her per week and it's the most realistic sex I ever had with a doll. I do a lot more with her than with any of my silicone dolls. And TPE is no go anyway, for a number of reasons.

That Maid-Ling looks absolutely awesome btw.

Of course TBs are improvable, really missing to be able to take her doggy style, wireframe skeleton isn't that great either, would by far prefer the way they do it for Valentina girls but still I don't really need any more rubber dolls in this life.

MrHaus
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by MrHaus »

Silicone and TPE dolls generally require warming to feel comfortable. TeddyBabes big appeal is in their cuddle factor, at least IMO. The Ultra models seem to be designed to compete a little bit with Textile Dolls, but I personally feel like EW ought to focus on the strengths of the Babes, which is their plushiness.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Just to clarify, I'm not suggesting that Eighth Wonder abandon the original Teddy Babe design. Heaven forbid!!! I hope they don't even THINK about doing that! 8O
I was just saying that since they have begun adding new models which utilize silicone, then perhaps they could take it a step further.
Certainly there's nothing wrong with offering an ever larger product selection while keeping the original product in the forefront?
Granted a full silicone version won't appeal to a lot of us, but there are some out there who would go for it.
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

NamRepaid
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by NamRepaid »

That would be a stuffed inflatable or a skinned foamie like Erie or the late Candyeighteens. I love my Candyeighteens but need to dress them in PJs for good sleeping so can see the appeal of an all plush doll like the original Teddybabe.

Sekhmet

Post by Sekhmet »

I can think of three improvements for Teddy Babes.
First, they could do silicone breast implants (under the plush fabric). My anime fabric doll has them and they feel and look quite natural. The current TB breasts are rather hard and set up too high (IMO).

Secondly, they could add a poseable skeleton instead of wires that can break and don't always bend in natural ways. My poseable doll has a skeleton made of metal joints with PVC pipe or conduit "bones". It's fairly lightweight, although still heavier than the current Teddy Babes.

I wouldn't be a fan of a full silicone skin for a Teddy Babe, it would add a lot of weight and would lose the main advantage of Teddy Babes, which is their soft, warm cuddly feel. When I first discovered Teddy Babes I wanted one with the silicone face, thinking it would be more realistic. Now since I have a plush face Teddy Babe I actually prefer the look to go with the body. Someone mentioned putting silicone masks on the current cloth faces, but due to the width of the plush head I don't think it would work. When/if I want a silicone/TPE doll I would just order one.

Third - they should add one or more bands to the scalp to the wig, and affix toupee clips to attach the wig to the band. Either that or just use Velcro. Trying to safety pin a wig to a Teddy Babe's head is a bit of a pain. So is picking a wig up off the floor and brushing it out after it falls off the doll's head while you're moving it.

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

implants... :thumbs_up: :oops:

INFORMATIONS