teddy-babes.com

Transitioning from an airgirl, many questions abound!

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Transitioning from an airgirl, many questions abound!

Post by titjob »

Hagen of Tronje wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum!

A Teddy Babe is a good idea, especially if you are interested in a good investment that lasts a long time and feels very nice.

The Ultra Babes are very new. I do not think that anyone on the forum has received one yet.

Carrying a TBD from one room to another is very simple. I pick her up and carry her with their nice butt sitting on my lower arm. She cannot hit any obstacles while I carry her because she travels in an upright position.

Regarding inserts, there are many which are usable. I am living with 2 TBDs and they have silicon inserts of a German manufacturer.

Regarding your questions about cleaning and inserts, here are links to 2 stickies in the Teddy Babe subforum:

Cleaning:

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 35&t=21466

Inserts:

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 35&t=23330

Good luck on your journey from Air Girls to Teddy Babes. I traveled the same route through doll land and it was a good decision. If money is an issue then you could consider buying a Teddy Babe from the sales section of this forum occasionally you find a pre-owned Babe for relatively little money there.

Hagen

Hi Hagen
do you use boogina as insert.
I like them...

Hagen of Tronje

Post by Hagen of Tronje »

her_guy wrote:I'm not sure. She's my first, so we'll see. I'm still miles and miles away from being able to buy one, but planning it out has been quite fun.
Maybe you want to look at the Sales section. You do not need to buy, having a look does not cost anything and if you cannot afford them yet it gives you an idea about the cost of Babes from the Sales section:

Here is an "untouched" TBD Daphne for 500 USD, shipping included:

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 8&t=104863

And here is a gently preloved TBD Alexis for 300 USD:

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 8&t=106522

Best wishes

Hagen

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Yeah nothing wrong with a sales section Teddy Babe. I got both of mine from there which allowed me to have two Babes cheaper than a single new one. So I ended up with two Babes and a little money left over. :D
Of course the only down side is that if you are looking for a particular model, then she might not go up for sale and you will have to choose from what is available.
But since they are ALL so cute, I could easily be happy with any of them. :wink:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

her_guy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by her_guy »

Bump and update.
I'm still working on obtaining a place to live on my own. Still can't buy a teddy babe just yet.
And a bit of a question. I've only recently gotten bold enough to let my airgirl (Amy) hug me from behind sometimes with her arm under my side when we're in bed. While this hasn't caused any damage to her arms or hands, I would imagine this would ruin the wiring in a teddy babe's arm/hand right?

Pa Ubu

Post by Pa Ubu »

Someone mentioned the Meiki Plush as an option, and I'm a big fan of my Meiki Plush DX, which has a head and arms (but no legs, just half thighs). She's a nice upgrade from the air dolls I've had in the past and is about half the cost of a Teddy Babe. Very soft and comfy skin; not realistic but nice to cuddle with nevertheless.
Pa to Devlin (Meiki Plush), Grace (Meiki Plush Evo), and Laney Catherine (SRSD SY Doll 161cm TPE w/ silicone head S99), and soon Ariadne Calista (SRSD 157cm 'Sola')
----
(BUGS BUNNY cocks a thumb at the robot girl rabbit walking past)
BUGS: Mechanical.
(Robot girl rabbit turns and kisses BUGS, who goes all squishy)
BUGS: Well, so it's MECHANICAL!

Badbrad
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Badbrad »

You won’t regret getting a TB. They are awesome and very low maintenance. Meikis are fine but save me our pennies and get a TB.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

her_guy wrote: I've only recently gotten bold enough to let my airgirl (Amy) hug me from behind sometimes with her arm under my side when we're in bed. While this hasn't caused any damage to her arms or hands, I would imagine this would ruin the wiring in a teddy babe's arm/hand right?
I think it will be ok. It may cause the wire to bend, but it can be re straightened. While breaks can happen, it's usually due to constant bending at the same spot over a period of time.
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

her_guy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by her_guy »

While I appreciate the effort to save me some hard earned $$ I need a doll I can cuddle fully and she the same. They seem neat though. Aren't those dolls considered torso dolls or are they something completely different?
Also, here's an interesting one I may post in the repairs/mods section. Has anyone with a slight tinkery side tried making a simulated heartbeat module for a teddy babe?
You'd take one of those vibrator units used in modern mobile phones, program some kind of timing chip so that it pulses it for a few milliseconds and program in a human heartbeat that way. Depending on the one used, you may also have to wrap the entire thing in some kind of insulation to dampen it somewhat before placing it into the doll.
If I knew assembly (programming language) I would attempt it.
Ok nerd rant over I will now run faaaar awaaaaaaaaay lol!

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

her_guy wrote:While I appreciate the effort to save me some hard earned $$ I need a doll I can cuddle fully and she the same. They seem neat though. Aren't those dolls considered torso dolls or are they something completely different?
Also, here's an interesting one I may post in the repairs/mods section. Has anyone with a slight tinkery side tried making a simulated heartbeat module for a teddy babe?
You'd take one of those vibrator units used in modern mobile phones, program some kind of timing chip so that it pulses it for a few milliseconds and program in a human heartbeat that way. Depending on the one used, you may also have to wrap the entire thing in some kind of insulation to dampen it somewhat before placing it into the doll.
If I knew assembly (programming language) I would attempt it.
Ok nerd rant over I will now run faaaar awaaaaaaaaay lol!

for cuddle fully and hard.
go for Valentina girl.

Pa Ubu

Post by Pa Ubu »

[quote="her_guy"]While I appreciate the effort to save me some hard earned $$ I need a doll I can cuddle fully and she the same. They seem neat though. Aren't those dolls considered torso dolls or are they something completely different?/quote]

No offense, I meant getting a Meiki as a step towards getting a Teddy Babe, if you can afford it. I really don't know what you'd call them; they're no really "torso" like the old Mieki was, but they're not full dolls. A half-sister, maybe? :haha4: :shakefist:

If your heart is set on a Teddy Babe and you've got the funds, go for it. They are adorable and probably really cuddly.

(As far as a heartbeat goes - wasn't there a line of plush kid's toys a while back that actually had a heartbeat when you squeezed them? Might save a lot of re-inventing the wheel as it were to get a toy like that and do a "heart transplant".)
Pa to Devlin (Meiki Plush), Grace (Meiki Plush Evo), and Laney Catherine (SRSD SY Doll 161cm TPE w/ silicone head S99), and soon Ariadne Calista (SRSD 157cm 'Sola')
----
(BUGS BUNNY cocks a thumb at the robot girl rabbit walking past)
BUGS: Mechanical.
(Robot girl rabbit turns and kisses BUGS, who goes all squishy)
BUGS: Well, so it's MECHANICAL!

her_guy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by her_guy »

:D That image is kinda cute, actually. I'm not sure, maybe in time this will cause some tinkerers to crawl out from the woodworks. In theory it wouldn't be that difficult to do, even if from scratch. If I was to use pressure sensors I'd have to have some kind of basic skeleton system to place all the modules and pressure sensors on and around so they wouldn't go rattling around.
Doing this would make a teddy babe that much more interactive, not that one would really need it though still, to add that extra little element of detail would be interesting. Problem is, for something so simple there's a lot of moving parts here.
In regards to Valentina girl, can you explain?

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

her_guy wrote:And a bit of a question. I've only recently gotten bold enough to let my airgirl (Amy) hug me from behind sometimes with her arm under my side when we're in bed. While this hasn't caused any damage to her arms or hands, I would imagine this would ruin the wiring in a teddy babe's arm/hand right?
No it doesn't hurt her. The wire is extremely strong. We often hold each other tight with one of her arms under my torso, preferably below my rips. Both her arms are bent somewhat round but thats good for hugging and cuddling anyway. You can see that in most of her images.

As for the price, 8th Wonder also sold TBDs with quite a good discount on black friday. Probably there will be an Easter sale? Or like others mentioned before the SALES section sometimes has good offers too, there was a Lisa up lately which is IMO one of the best ones (her irresistable smile).

her_guy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by her_guy »

I am sooooo eternally overjoyed that with her new body she'll still be able to cuddle me from behind. This thrills us to no end everyone. Thanks a ton for the feedback!
For me it's probably going to be an ultra. I don't mind spending the money in the future and will probably even mix and match some looks between dolls. That alone coming from a blind guy may cause a chuckle or two, or three, or 0... :)
Any ultra owners able to chime in? How well positioned is the insert for missionary? I'm about 5 foot 5.

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

her_guy wrote: Any ultra owners able to chime in? How well positioned is the insert for missionary? I'm about 5 foot 5.
Mine is a TBD but from what I read the bodies are prefabricated anyway so I doubt there is any difference between the basic shape of a TBD vs TBU. The vagina is sitting quite a bit closer to the front and is easy accessable for missionary. Opposed to that doggystile is by far not as easy though meanwhile I found a way to take her doggystyle too (by bending her back sharp in kinda V-shape so that the vagina points more or less straight back). I'd prefer if her vagina would actually be pretty much in the middle of her legs or at least 1 inch closer to the back side. It takes a while before it's doable since her legs and body need to loose some of their stiffness. She is good at straddling and sitting on your hips too (after a while) and due to her light weight it's easy to let her ride you sitting forward and backward on you. This is probably the most used position I do with her right now.

her_guy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by her_guy »

DocMoriarty wrote:
her_guy wrote: Any ultra owners able to chime in? How well positioned is the insert for missionary? I'm about 5 foot 5.
Mine is a TBD but from what I read the bodies are prefabricated anyway so I doubt there is any difference between the basic shape of a TBD vs TBU. The vagina is sitting quite a bit closer to the front and is easy accessable for missionary. Opposed to that doggystile is by far not as easy though meanwhile I found a way to take her doggystyle too (by bending her back sharp in kinda V-shape so that the vagina points more or less straight back). I'd prefer if her vagina would actually be pretty much in the middle of her legs or at least 1 inch closer to the back side. It takes a while before it's doable since her legs and body need to loose some of their stiffness. She is good at straddling and sitting on your hips too (after a while) and due to her light weight it's easy to let her ride you sitting forward and backward on you. This is probably the most used position I do with her right now.
Aha, I thought somewhere ages ago somebody found a way to move her insert cavity back about 2 inches or so with needle and thread though I'm more than likely wrong? Course, this was like in 2011 so things may have changed since then...

INFORMATIONS