teddy-babes.com

Staining from trying on items?

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Beanbott
Active Poster
Active Poster

Staining from trying on items?

Post by Beanbott »

I ordered some black lingerie from AdoreMe in different sizes to see what fits best. Obviously I can’t wash it first, since some has to get returned. Should I put them on the doll over a t-shirt, or will it be ok to put them on and off quickly? I don’t want to get any stains, but I’d like to get an idea of how things look and fit before washing and soaking the extra dye out!

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Staining from trying on items?

Post by Mr Franz »

Probably wouldn't stain a Teddy that quickly, but If you know you'll be returning some items anyway, it wouldn't hurt to try them on over something that fits snug.

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

I don't think it will hurt anything if she's just trying things on. I stained by Teddy Babe a little (although it cleaned up well) but she was wearing things for days at a time, with a lot of serious cuddling to rub in the stains, haha.

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Actually, I've stained a WM TPE doll once, when I didn't perform due diligence trying on a few things. I think there's a "stain removing" thread I did about it. Jo's feet got stained and the garment was on her all of sixty seconds. I seem to recall having discovered that acne creme was what took it out.
The lesson I learned, anything ordered from Amazon that takes more than a week to deliver is likely to stain, anything that is really well priced, is likely to stain.

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

I'd say go for it, but I put Samantha through some heavy duty staining I call plush ink lol... never had a problem so far with clothing staining though
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Grasowka

Post by Grasowka »

Hi Beanbott,

I suggest that you wash all clothes you have bought regardlessly, if they are well priced or not, and let your babe try them on. Afterwards you can sell the things you don't want to keep at *bay or other portals.

Cheers,
Grasowka
She drives my crazy, uh-uh, like no no-one else, uh-uh, she drives my crazy and I can't help myself...

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=5678

Beanbott
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Beanbott »

When I washed the black outfit from AdoreMe, it barely made the water any darker. They must be using better dyes which don’t run. I wouldn’t leave that outfit on her for days or weeks just in case, but it was interesting that soaking it in Woolite for an hour didn’t get much color out. Good stuff, as it should be for the $$$!

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

Like JackieTreehorn said I stained my Anette too a little when she was wearing a dark blue chinese nighty for days and thru heavy cuddling sessions. But just trying stuff out on her and not leaving it on her for an extend time won't do anything on a TB.

GooseLooney
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GooseLooney »

Hello, Beanbott. I've had my Annie try on black t-shirts, black shorts, and black stockings. No issues. The only thing she was ever stained by was a black teddy that she had on for one full night.

Goose
My sleeping beauties, Annie and Judith
Annie came home on April 12, 2018. Her blog: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=102005
Judith came home on Nov 27, 2019. Her blog: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=123357
It is incredible how much they do without doing anything.
My beautiful Annie now has her very own account on TDF! :) viewtopic.php?t=146179

INFORMATIONS