teddy-babes.com

Teddy Babe lips

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Teddy Babe lips

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I had always assumed that the standard Teddy Babes used different lips than the deluxes. But now I'm not sure. Especially with the latest generation of standard Babes such as Lexy here:
Teddy Babe Lisa 001.JPG
Teddy Babe Lisa 001.JPG (1023.65 KiB) Viewed 2199 times
Do her lips look the same as a Deluxe Lisa? I was hoping that they are the same so that I can always have access to replacement lips if needed. I could be wrong, but I think the older model standard Babes may have used different lips.
Also if anyone can post a close up picture of the face of a deluxe Lisa, it would be extremely helpful for comparison purposes. 8)
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Re: Teddy Babe lips

Also, how long do these lips usually last? I noticed a small piece missing from Lexy's lips this morning and was wondering if it was deterioration or if it was caused by my damn c-pap mask. :(
I'm thinking the c-pap mask may have been the cause as she was made in early 2016 and I wouldn't think any deterioration would occur that quickly. :?
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

It depends. Some TB owners are lucky to never have their TB's lips deteriorate, while others (like me) :( have had to experience it at least once.
Fortunately, Eighth Wonder is pretty good about sending out replacements, but you have to take the old ones off yourself and affix the new ones... with superglue. And the damage the superglue does to the plush leaves permanent scars.

In my case, the first time it happened was about 18 months in. The lips were so badly deteriorated -- puffy, sticky, and dull -- that they almost came off on their own. Teddy Babes are just naturally so kissable that I couldn't leave my babe Jayna without any lips whatsoever while I awaited the new ones coming in the mail, so much so that I got a little crafty and made her some temporary lips out of burgundy-colored felt:

But nowadays she's on her third or fourth pair of replacement latex lips, I can't even remember; but I'm getting out of this sad cycle. When these lips go, and it won't be long, I will try to craft a more lasting kind out of silicone, following Karrot's method.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Zang wrote: Teddy Babes are just naturally so kissable
That's the thing. When you find yourself face to face with one of these cuties resistance is futile! They are GOING to be kissed! :wink:
I guess I was a little freaked out when I saw that there was a piece missing from Lexy's lips. Although it's not very big, I guess the fact that I'm so attached to her made it look worse than it really was.
I'm sure that I can come up with something to fill it in, but it got me to thinking that I will definitely have to look into new lips at some point.
I was also concerned that since the standard Babes are no longer available, then the lips for them wouldn't be available either.
But then I got an idea. What if the lips from a deluxe model could be used? :idea:
Considering that Lexy's lips looked a little wider than her older sister, I began to wonder if Eighth Wonder was using the same lips for both the deluxe and standard Babes? (Or rather the standard Babes made in 2016-17)
If that's the case, then I won't have any problems as long as Eighth Wonder is still around and making Teddy Babes.
I suppose if I had to do so, I could make some replacement lips like others here have done. It's just that I like what she has now and don't want to do anything different unless I had no other choice.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

contact samara78 she made silicone lips for her girl and said she may be willing to sell them to other members.

carlys_guy

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

:haha4: :eating: I would assume they use the same lips. Can't be 100% , I ripped mine off so...
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

carlys_guy wrote:contact samara78 she made silicone lips for her girl and said she may be willing to sell them to other members.

carlys_guy
I might consider that when the time comes. The silicone lips may be better anyway as they should remain soft and not harden like the stock latex lips.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Juncharted2 wrote::haha4: :eating: I would assume they use the same lips. Can't be 100% , I ripped mine off so...
You ripped your lips off? 8O That must have been painful! :eeek:
Sorry I couldn't resist! :haha4:

But it would be great if they were indeed the same for both the standard and deluxe Babes. I always assumed that they were different. But maybe not. 8)

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Lol
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

Gave me Forrest Whitaker eye...