teddy-babes.com

Teddy Babe Standard still around?

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Re: Teddy Babe Standard still around?

Post by Juncharted2 »

Sorry I get a bit deep at times... indeed I hope they will bring back the standard models
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

Well well, there's still that one TBS Akiko who's currently occupying my caravan. Pretty stubborn, that one, doesn't want to move out at all. Maybe she hopes to join her sister who's living with Lian and me, but two women in the house is already plenty imho :whistle:

Head over to the sales forum, whoever's interested.

Cheers, cuddly at work :grab:

digitalcavebear
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by digitalcavebear »

Well if 8W is still making Standard babes as a custom order, that may be an option. But after having Rhonda for a while, I dunno how I would feel about the club foot design they have had. I'm not a foot fetish guy, but damn I find my deluxe babe's feet adorable.
Lovin' my Rhonda since April, 13th, 2018.
Rhonda is a 2nd generation Lisa Deluxe Teddy-Babe.

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

digitalcavebear wrote:Well if 8W is still making Standard babes as a custom order, that may be an option. But after having Rhonda for a while, I dunno how I would feel about the club foot design they have had. I'm not a foot fetish guy, but damn I find my deluxe babe's feet adorable.
I agree I like toes.
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

ARK ANGEL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ARK ANGEL »

You guys... :lol:
Supply and demand my friends, simple.
CG is right, Market research and sales history gives the projected viability of a certain customer base versus production range.
Nothing to do with prejudice or racism, sales and profit is over and above everything.
8thW has a razor thin margin, they can't afford to take a chance on an unknown market, the Diana model was the yard stick, obviously not enough interest was shown at the time she was available.
However, perhaps if you started a thread on it, and drew enough people who would buy dark velour babes from them, they might just sit up and take notice, who knows?
Get UKLDF and ODF involved too.

Pete.

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

In case you want to give it a go yourselves... I have finally found a very reliable source for the velour fabric that's very very close to the TB stuff, probably even the new and improved one. I already ordered some samples, especially to give it a try vs. my cleaning cycle. In case you don't know, I drench my Lady every three months in a pretty stiff oxy cleaner solution, which I bet is absolutely not easy on the fabric, it's not easy on my hands for sure. Ofc I then rinse and dry her thoroughly afterwards and stuff, but that's not the point here, I wanted to mention that the fabric samples I gave this treatment show absolutely no change in color and texture. They even regain their fluff, don't stay matted or anything.

As soon as I find the time I will order a few meters of that stuff (in skin tone, though) and will start experimenting. Like a "crotch expansion" so Lian can do the splits... without actually splitting, that is :roll:

Give me a shout if you want some of that stuff, I can ship it worldwide for you, my source is restricted to Germany though. Shipping samples would be possible too, but probably rather costly, or uninsured and a bit slow.

EDIT: I just checked the colors again. There's a beige that could work for a tanned skin, the one sold as skin tone is actually relatively light, like my slightly discolored 4y/o Lian. The brown tone they offer is also rather a light milk chocolate than a real deep dark one. Diana has a way darker tone, judging by pictures. Then there's a bright pink as well, and a few others that'd only work for aliens.

The fluff is 1.5mm, the width is 1.5m / 5ft, and it's sold in 50cm steps. It's semi-elastic, washable, dryer-proof and densely woven. Since it's intended for toys, it's also certified for being free of harmful chemicals.
If I am not mistaken, that quality of material is called mink or minky in English?

I may take and post some pics soon, but life's so busy right now... sry.

CU cuddly at lunch :lol:

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

cuddly wrote:As soon as I find the time I will order a few meters of that stuff (in skin tone, though) and will start experimenting. Like a "crotch expansion" so Lian can do the splits... without actually splitting, that is :roll:
Audrey can do the splits easily without modification. Not initially (not that she tried) but later on once she got softer and more flexible. Lian's older though so you'd think she'd be even more flexible or at least the same. Maybe it's a deluxe vs. standard thing?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Hey, in case anyone is interested. I put up a poll the other day to see how many folks would consider a brown skin Teddy-Babe deluxe if it were available. Figured if there was enough interest I'd forward the results to TB.

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 5&t=101298

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

JackieTreehorn wrote:Audrey can do the splits easily without modification. Not initially (not that she tried) but later on once she got softer and more flexible. Lian's older though so you'd think she'd be even more flexible or at least the same. Maybe it's a deluxe vs. standard thing?
Hum, Lian never could. And now it could also be the skeleton I made, it's more flexible. Anyhow, the point where the four seams meet has always been the one that's least elastic and most stretched. Even when she's just with her legs apart like sitting on one knee or so.
CU cuddly cuddling Lian

Rastalyn
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rastalyn »

I hope they come back. I like the smaller Teddy Babe model better.

RoboBoy

Post by RoboBoy »

Rastalyn wrote:I hope they come back. I like the smaller Teddy Babe model better.
Yeah... I see you just recently joined the forum... so you missed out on the original small Teddy Babes back in the day...

When I joined they were still fairly new... and my first doll was a Standard Teddy Babe - Carly model.

She was a really nice size to cuddle and have fun with...

Then when the Deluxe models came out I bought one of them too... but never liked it as much as my Standard Carly...

I made the mistake of selling both of my Teddy Babes around 4 years ago... sure wish I had kept my little Carly...

RoboBoy

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Teddy Babe still has some of the Diana standards available. $520 + shipping:
http://shop.teddy-babes.com/TeddyBabesStandard.aspx

Space Cowboy

Post by Space Cowboy »

RoboBoy wrote:
Rastalyn wrote:I hope they come back. I like the smaller Teddy Babe model better.
Yeah... I see you just recently joined the forum... so you missed out on the original small Teddy Babes back in the day...

When I joined they were still fairly new... and my first doll was a Standard Teddy Babe - Carly model.

She was a really nice size to cuddle and have fun with...

Then when the Deluxe models came out I bought one of them too... but never liked it as much as my Standard Carly...

I made the mistake of selling both of my Teddy Babes around 4 years ago... sure wish I had kept my little Carly...

RoboBoy
I wish they would make the smaller Standard Teddy Babes again!

INFORMATIONS