teddy-babes.com

Removing excess Gorilla glue

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Removing excess Gorilla glue

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I had to reglue Lexy's lips but used a little too much glue which ended up on her face. :( Yeah I'm a butter fingered dolt! :oops: What else is new? :roll:
But is there anyway to remove the excess without damaging her? It's not REALLY bad; so I could learn to live with it if there was a risk of making things worse.
Teddy Babe Lisa 001.JPG
Teddy Babe Lisa 001.JPG (1023.65 KiB) Viewed 3660 times
It's really great that Teddy Babes are so forgiving. I'm almost willing to bet that an organic wife would have divorced my ass if I got glue on her face while trying to re glue her lips! :wink:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Removing excess Gorilla glue

Post by carlys_guy »

if it was super glue try acetone on a Qtip it is supposed to dissolve super glue. spme people use acetone to remove the lips so give it a try.

carlys_guy

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

may try first.
aceton/alcohol
50/50.%

and after more acetone
may 75/25%

tell me how to remove pubic hair on my teddy babe.
so ugly

Knightshift
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Knightshift »

Have you considered getting a smaller gorilla? 8O
The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Thanks gentlemen! :D Is acetone the same thing as fingernail polish remover?
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

titjob wrote:tell me how to remove pubic hair on my teddy babe.
Perhaps this same method could be used to remove the pubic patch? Assuming it's glued on.
Lexy came without a pubic patch and her older sister Michelle had been customized with an Akiko patch by one of her previous cuddle buddies.
This was definitely glued on. But since this was a non-factory custom job; I can't say how it would have been attached by the factory.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Knightshift wrote:Have you considered getting a smaller gorilla? 8O
Not a bad idea. A gorilla might actually be better at making repairs than I am. :lol:

italianloopy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by italianloopy »

Glue is always always bad on a teddy babe, no matter what you are trying to attach

use this: http://www.hairdirect.com/store/superta ... ntour.aspx

you can cut as needed, I used for lips, eyebrows etc

as for removing the unsightly cheap publc hair, scrape it off with a butter knife. Then using supertape use this to cover and beautify your doll:

https://www.amazon.com/Makupartist-Blac ... rds=Merkin

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

All I can do is honk the same horn:

Acetone hasn't done any harm to Lian either. Also it's the only stuff I could find web-wide to remove superglue. Idk what else is in nail polish remover. I'd rather head for a paint shop to get it as pure as possible.

For the pubic patch: try to find a loose corner, then pry, pull, and soak with acetone. Removing it went well enough, just the remaining glue needed repeated soaking with some acetone drenched paper towels. Scraping the softened glue with a very dull blade sounds good to me too.

Afaik the same goes for the eyes, lips, and eyebrows, which all may need replacement eventually, but all of that isn't hard to do. I consider directly embroidering the new eyebrows though... and the felt lips are also as carefree as it gets. Lint removal is all you need to do.

CU cuddly and Lian

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

I didn't have any luck with fingernail polish remover. :(
Perhaps it wasn't pure enough acetone? Where could one acquire pure acetone in small quantities?
If the acetone doesn't work, would xylene be any better?

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

I know that in the past Nail Polish remover was acetone, but these days it's considered harmful to your skin (removing oils much), so it must be something different now (at least in Germany).

I'd look for it in any paint shop or home decor shop. It may be the main ingredient in an all purpose paint brush cleaner or whatnot, smallest could be half a liter or maybe one liter. Or find a furniture wood shop that stains/varnishes, I have 25 liter barrels of that stuff in my shop and would willingly give to anyone who came asking for it. It's also kinda dirt cheap, I pay under 3€/liter plus tax. A car paint shop may or may not have it too.

Afaik it's about the only stuff that dissolves that glue. Xylene won't help on Cyanacrylate.
If it does no harm (try on the sole of a foot), there's no need to spare it either, in this case much helps much. Soften up the excess glue with repeated q-tipping and then use a hard, dull plastic knife to try and scrape the gel-like remainders off.

Worst case (imho) the lips come off again as well and you'd have to reglue them...

Good luck, cu cuddly+Lian

Juncharted2
Ex-Member

Post by Juncharted2 »

If it's the strain I think your talking about, I'd be happy to smoke it with you.help you remove the excess ..haha
https://youtu.be/Zw7RLArsaic

@samteddybabe /Instagram

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolldoer »

titjob wrote:tell me how to remove pubic hair on my teddy babe.
I successfully removed the pubic hair on my TB with acetone.

Although Acetone is the main ingredient in most "nail polish removers" there are many different formulas for nail polish removers in today's market. I first tried a cheap nail polish remover with a percentage of acetone without success. When I bought some that was "100% Acetone" it worked wonderfully (it was CVS brand 16oz bottle). You should also be able to buy the chemical acetone at any paint or hardware store.

I used an eye dropper and q-tips to apply the acetone and softened an edge of the patch until I could start peeling it up. Then kept applying acetone between the plush and glued patch while lifting it. Once I got it completely off I used the acetone on a rag to clean away any remaining glue from the plush and did a final clean with a carpet spot/stain remover. You would never know it was there! Just be patient and let the chemical do the work.

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :D

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolldoer »

Stewie studmuffin wrote: But is there anyway to remove the excess without damaging her? It's not REALLY bad; so I could learn to live with it if there was a risk of making things worse.
I checked the website that makes the glue and if you used the "Original Gorilla Glue" there is no recommended chemical once dried. Quote from the site...

"How do I remove Gorilla Glue from my surface?

If you need to remove any uncured “squeeze out” or wet glue, we recommend wiping with a dry cloth or using a standard paint thinner. Make sure to read and follow directions if using a paint thinner. Always wear gloves. Once Gorilla Glue is dry, it is best removed mechanically: Try sanding, chiseling, scraping or picking. The dried glue will not damage tools."

INFORMATIONS