sanhuiofficial.com

Sanhui 168 Custom Dark Elf Review: Malena - November 2018

Reviews on Sanhui Doll Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Sanhui 168 Custom Dark Elf Review: Malena - November 2018

Post by ZannyDanger »

Sanhui 168 + Lorelei head custom Dark Elf review - November 2018

Intro:

Hello again fellow doll lovers, this will be my full review of the Sanhui custom Dark Elf, the result of months of collaborative work with Coco&KK at Sanhui. Having a dark elf companion has been a dream of mine for about as long as i've known about dolls in the first place... i am absolutely ecstatic to finally be able to introduce her to TDF. Coco&KK and the incredible artistic talent at work over at Sanhui have all gone above and beyond the call of duty in making her true to the vision i had for a Dark Elf companion in my life.

In this review i'll try to break down every aspect i can think of in categories, give my impressions and a score for each category. Let's begin!

Ordering Process / Sanhui review:

Ordering from Sanhui has been an absolute pleasure for me. I could feel right from the start how Coco&KK were just as enthused as i was about making this Dark Elf a unique and striking work of art like nothing ever seen before. Malena is quite literally the result of a labour of love and passion from everyone involved! Always very courteous and professional in their exchanges, Coco&KK replied to my inquiries swiftly within one business day, sometimes as fast as one to two hours. Throughout the whole design process they have been incredibly attentive to my desires and did not hesitate to make sure that every aspect of the doll remained true to the vision i had for her. I can tell you with certainty that Coco&KK are some of the most dedicated in the doll industry in making truly innovative products of great quality with the customer in mind.

Sanhui's score: A++

Box Contents / Packaging:

Sanhui's packaging is some of the best i have ever seen in the industry. I cannot find a single point that would need improvement here. The box the doll came in was made of very resistant cardboard, the doll itself was very carefully wrapped in a layer of protective foam, doubled with a very nice and thick blanket ( which i now use to sleep :D ) protecting the doll like a mummy. On top of this, the doll was tightly secured by thick foam padding on all sides. The box also included wood panels to protect the box ends to ensure her protection during transport. Last but not least, the box was properly labelled as (fragile - this side up) in all the right places. Shipping these dolls from China in wooden crates would be prohibitively expensive, so as far as cardboard box shipping goes this is as good as it can get in my opinion.
Also included were great quality extra wigs, a cleaning rod, USB warmer, hanging hook, user instruction & care manual and a very nice outfit for her.

Packaging score: A+

Sanhui 168 Body Sculpt:

Ok let's get to the doll itself. Right out of the box what struck me the most was the incredible amount of lifelike detail on this doll's sculpt. Sanhui have also gone to great lengths in order to improve the quality of their seam lines, which are now barely noticeable at all. Every aspect of this doll is covered in exquisite detail... from the hands & feet, beautifully sculpted stomach section, neck and clavicles with unparalleled detail... the list goes on and on!

Body Sculpt Score: A+++

Sanhui Silicone Material:

My first impression of Sanhui's silicone material was how incredibly soft it is to the touch and how durable it feels. Their unique formula is quite simply almost as soft as the best tpe's out there, very durable and tear resistant. Their silicone is able to stretch up to 450% of it's original shape without breaking a single sweat.
The overall feel of the doll's skin is very lifelike, she has a soft and smooth skin on the outside that feels just like touching the real thing. Below the thick silicone skin layer is a foam core giving the doll a realistic internal density that feels just like squeezing real muscle tissue. The big difference here compared to TPE dolls is how incredibly soft she feels in all the right places, while still having a denser internal structure where you would expect things to be firmer, which feels so much more lifelike. The silicone skin layer has also been made appropriately thicker in all the right places such as the knees, shoulders and elbows giving these high stress areas superior durability for long term use.

Sanhui Silicone Score: A++

Custom Options 1 (Custom Skin tone, Custom black permanent makeup, custom shading detail):

From the get go, for me the most important aspect of creating a Dark Elf doll was getting the skin tone just right. Not too blue, not too grey, not too bright, not too dark! This is something i was very critical about during the creation process. I wanted to be sure that her color would look great under all kinds of lighting conditions, showing just the right amount of coloration ranging from a drow-ish dark grey to a lighter grey-blue when reflecting natural light.This really was no easy feat, i was adamant about this... and they got the color perfect on their very first try. They also did an absolutely stellar job doing her black permanent makeup just like i had envisioned, giving her a truly believable personality and a perfectly fitting mischievous attitude to boot. After discussing further customisation, they even went the extra mile of adding a layer of custom hand painted permanent shading detail to her to accentuate her features and add an unbelievable amount of visual depth to her body sculpt! This really needs to be said, the artists over at Sanhui are some of the most talented in the whole industry... Malena is quite simply a true work of art and a masterpiece!!
They even went so far (after a bit of convincing) as to create a magnificent looking and unique pair of vivid red eyes just for her!!! Can you believe it?

Custom Options 1 Score: A+++

Custom Options 2 (Gel implants, standing feet):

Out of the possible options for gel implants, i only took the breasts. They are incredibly soft, bounce and jiggle just like the real thing. These are truly in a league of their own, my other dolls with hollow tpe breasts do not even come close, not by a long shot. Hands down the best and most lifelike pair doll breasts i have ever had the pleasure of holding in my hands.
The standing feet in my opinion are an necessity. Being able to stand your doll just brings so much to the table from a companionship standpoint, i wouldn't ever consider ordering a doll without this feature. At 168cm tall i can hold her in my arms and look her in the eyes which is absolutely priceless to me, even dance with her if i feel so inclined. The feet themselves feel superbly solid and durable giving her very stable footing when standing up. The pegs themselves are adjusted at just the right height to come almost flush with the soles of her feet. Sleek and very functional design.

Custom Options 2 Score: A++

Ball joint Skeleton / neck connector / hands&fingers:

I was very anxious to try the new ball jointed skeleton after hearing so much about it and i have to say that Sanhui's current iteration is absolutely stellar. The joint movement feels stiff and very consistent with just the right amount of resistance throughout every joint's full range of motion without being hard to move at all. Truly a perfect balance of resistance and smooth operation that isn't easily achieved, even with the more common hinged joint design seen on most dolls. The ball joints have a very natural range of motion just like a human would... for example compared to hinged joints where you have to do up/down and left/right movement in separate instances, here you can just rotate the ball joint in the desired position in one smooth continuous movement through it's full range of motion. The joints hold their pose incredibly well and can even resist some added weight. For example you can put a book or a bottle of water in her hands and she won't budge at all! Very sturdy, durable design built with long term use in mind.

Ball jointed skeleton: A++

The Sanhui neck connector is a convenient pop in / pop out mechanism with a pressure locking pin to secure the head in place, making for instantaneous and easy head removal while still ensuring that the head stays put at all times during playtime. It needs to be said, this is THE best head connector i have seen yet, truly a godsend. Removing and replacing the head takes about two whole seconds. The head can easily hold a pose even during playtime and the locking pin ensures it will not come out on it's own. Incredibly stable mechanism, ZERO head wobble.

Neck connector: A++

The fingers wires are some of the thickest, sturdiest i have seen on any doll yet. These finger wires WILL NOT break. Though you still have to be careful with the doll's hands just like any doll in order to avoid finger pokes, the wires themselves just feel like they were made to last a lifetime. Until the industry can manage introduce properly articulated fingers with jointed knuckles, i believe this is as good as it can get.

Finger Wires: A++

Weight:

I wanted to be sure so i just weighed her myself: 70.5 lbs! :D
While the Sanhui 168 is definitely a full sized doll, at 70.5 lbs we are definitely among the lightest currently available in this size range. Sanhui have put tons of effort these past few months into improving the internal foam core design in order to reduce the doll's total weight. Their website still states 75lbs for the 168, but my doll is just shy of 71. She can definitely be moved around very easily considering she is just as tall as i am! :D

Weight score: A++

Closing words:

I would like to give my heartfelt thanks to everyone involved in making my dream Dark Elf a reality. Thank you Anung for continually encouraging me to pursue my dream and for supporting my ideas. Thank you Coco&KK for sharing my passion and excitement in bringing Malena to life and for going above and beyond the call of duty in making her true to the vision i had for her. She is quite literally a lifetime dream come true here, something i would have never even thought possible!!! If you've been considering the purchase of a silicone doll i can wholeheartedly recommend trusting Sanhui with your order. They have shown me time and again that they care deeply about their customers' satisfaction and are truly dedicated to making their dolls the new industry standard in quality while keeping their prices within affordable ranges.

Sanhui 168 Custom Dark Elf - Overall Score: A++

:glou:

ZD

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Re: Sanhui 168 Custom Dark Elf Review: Malena - November 201

Post by Anung Un Rama »

:thumbs_up: Well done ZD, a great review for a classic, but new innovative product. The designer must have been a MAD genius :wink:

Anung sends! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

INFORMATIONS