www.ordoll.com

OR Doll 156 E Cup - Rose head 2015

Reviews on OR Doll Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

OR Doll 156 E Cup - Rose head 2015

Post by Slew »

OR 156 E Cup Rose 1 Year Review. - Original topic - http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 24&t=70645

Ivy arrived one year ago, and I thought I should do a brief review. She's an OR Rose 156 E-cup.

The first thing I'd like to mention is that my purchase experience was excellent. I've had many interactions with OR's representatives, both at purchase time, and since then. All interactions were great. They always took the time to communicate effectively with me every time I contacted them. If customer service is important to you, Joyce and Zihan won't let you down.

I should mention that Ivy is extremely well cared for, and hasn't sustained any damage whatsoever. She wears socks on her hands, and socks and slippers on her feet almost all the time, and never stands up, period. She's wrapped up in her blankets and in bed at all times, other than for the occasional photo.

Regarding the rubber. I've never owned a silicone doll, so I can't compare TPE to silicone. I can say that TPE is relatively soft, but has integrity, and will last for many many years if not mistreated. It can get tacky and needs powdering, especially after any contact with moisture. Dry thoroughly and powder. An aquarium air pump is my choice for drying. Burt's Baby Bee(cornstarch blend, no talc) is Ivy's choice of powder.

Weight. At 5"1, she's a slender type, but 75 lbs. is a load to bear. Picking her up and setting her down is real work, but with some tricks you learn, it's not too much of a problem.

Most of Ivy's joints are still quite tight, and she still holds positions on her own. Her elbows have loosened a bit, but they hold position when bent to any angle near 90 degrees. Her knees are still quite stiff, and I have to use a bit of force to bend them. Same with the shoulders, and mid-spine joint. Her skeleton has held up amazingly well, even when considering the care I take not to cause damage. I made a few errors when she was new. On the first night, I slammed her hand into a wall hard enough I thought it should have broken something, yet no damage occurred. Her wrists feel quite fragile in my grasp, but after a year of careful treatment they're just fine and she's able to hold up her whisky glass and ask for a refill. Again, she rarely moves from her blankets, and is not given any undue exposure to hazards.

What matters most is that OR is an easy company to deal with, and the product seems sturdy enough for a gentle lifestyle. If caution is used, these dolls are durable enough to justify the price tag, and should last for several years.

Even if she didn't have much of a personality, I wouldn't regret my purchase at all. Lucky for me, Ivy is cheeky, adorable, and much more interesting than many of the people I know, so the value I ended up with for my purchase is immeasurable.

I'd happily buy from OR Doll again.

INFORMATIONS