Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Two months with Stephanie and Jessica, very disappointed.

Reviews on Abyss/RealDoll Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
Scaper
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Two months with Stephanie and Jessica, very disappointed.

Post by Scaper »

Order placed: December 13, 2016
Full Payment: January 13, 2017
"Full Production" Started: July 25, 2017
Dolls Shipped: December 6, 2017
Dolls Delivered: December 13, 2017

I recently purchased a Body D and F from Abyss Creations/Realdoll. I had already owned two RealDolls that were purchased used, a Body B and D, and wanted to experience having a RealDoll that was custom made to my specifications/imagination. I had been wanting to purchase a new RealDoll since 2003 but the combination of features I wanted was not available until the introduction of the Body F.

Ordering, Delays, Lack of Communication:
When I placed my order on December 13th, 2016, I was unsure which eye color or nipple style/color I wanted with the Body F/Stephanie Face. Annette was very helpful with sending pictures of the different nipple options and colors. However, some of the nipple styles were mislabeled in the pictures and in March, I had to change the nipple type on my Body D to match what I wanted from the pictures. This change was added to my order but not communicated to the production team and my Body D arrived with the wrong nipple type. Annette apologized for the mistake and sent an extra insert for each doll. I never received any photos of different eye colors with the Stephanie Face so I settled for the default color (Hi-Realism, Almond).

I received email notification that my dolls had progressed through to queue and were in full production as of July 25, 2017. However, I received no further communication from Abyss about any delays expected or unexpected. I was originally told that once my dolls were in “Full Production”, they would be completed and shipped in 4-6 weeks. I contacted Abyss in September for an update and I was assured the doll would be shipped by October 31st. My dolls were shipped on December 6th.

My biggest issue with the delays is the total lack of communication about the progress of my order and the fact that it takes multiple weeks to get a response to email inquiries. I had similar issues in the past trying to order replacement hip joints for my used dolls; it took over three months to get the parts and most of the delay was the 2-3 week wait between email responses. The actually repair only took a few days.

Delivery and Damage upon Arrival:
When the delivery truck arrived, the crates were being transported vertically with crate doors against the exterior wall of the delivery truck. One crate was missing the Tip-N-Tell device. On second crate, the Tip-N-Tell device had been moved to the front of the crate (instead of being on the side of the crate where it should have been) and part of the door frame had been broken. As a result of the mishandling during the final leg of delivery, the Body F doll's head/face was leaning against the plastic sheet/door of the crate rubbing off part of her nose. There was no noticeable damage to the Body D. The crates were dropped off curbside and I was told by the delivery person that I would have to pay extra to have the crates delivered inside the front door. This was definitely unexpected and I had a very difficult time moving the crates inside.

Breast Enlargement:
I ordered breast enlargement for both dolls. My Body B also has breast enlargement and I think it adds to the doll's customization. The new Body D enlargement turned out great and I am very happy with the result. However, the Body F enlargement looks terrible. The right breast is considerably larger than the left and her back is not symmetrical, which is from the botched breast enlargement, silicon leaking through to her back. This went unnoticed at the factory before she was shipped but it was very obvious when I opened the crate. The size discrepancy is very noticeable with clothing.
Zebo wrote:Dude, you need to look at my post in the RD2 forum "Body F Standard vs Enhanced. There is a video in that thread you can look at and judge for yourself the difference in boob firmness. I have been studying your pics and I believe both boobs were enhanced. However, one did settle differently than the other.......no doubt about it. Look at my post and decide for yourself. I have no input into Abyss on these production issue's, that's strictly between company and client......
ImageImageImage

Other Issues:
The joints on my new dolls are very loose/floppy. My older dolls can hug/hold, their arms stay elevated and bent, and their knees/hips/ankles will stay bent while in the hanging position. This is not the case with my new dolls. Put their arms over my shoulders in a hugging position and they fall down to my sides. Bend their arms so their hands are touching their breasts and the hands fall back to their sides. Straighten their legs at the knees to carry or lay them on the bed, their knees bend and lower legs flop down making it very difficult to lay them flat. This is a sharp contrast to my older dolls where the legs will stay straight and their arms will stay in a hugging position, enough to support their own upper body weight. Annette said the joints will eventually tighten up but this has yet to be the case.

I live in Colorado above 6,000 feet and always have some issue with air inside my dolls when they arrive up here. It is usually in the lower legs where the silicon is thinner. This is remedied with a hypodermic needle to release the air from inside. Both of my new dolls had this bulging under their skin and as instructed by Abyss, I used a hypodermic needle to evacuate the air. However on my two new dolls, extra air keeps getting back inside and they continue to have air bulges two months after delivery. It is in the torso area of the Body D so her abs are not tight and the skin folds over. On the Body F, it is making her left buttocks deform and the skin has separated from the gel implant larger than the size of an egg.

2010 vs 2014 vs 2017
I believe my Body B was poured in 2010. The 2014 silicon is a huge improvement over my 2010 doll, it is much more realistic and soft. The 2017 is slightly softer than the 2014 with a little more resilience/spring but no real difference, it just feels newer. The skin texture on the newer dolls is rougher/more realistic than both the 2014 and 2010 dolls. The newer inserts are also thicker and more durable than inserts I purchased only a couple years ago. There seems to be a constant effort to improve the silicon product.

The newer face artistry and makeup are very beautiful. The lips are softer and smoother compared to my older dolls. It definitely looks more refined. The Laguna Blue eyes have much more depth in the iris than the other options and definitely worth the extra money. Stephanie has Almond Hi-Realism eyes but pupil is very hard to see against the dark iris color so the eye is never really looking at you and you cannot look directly into it. The Almond Hi-Realism eyes in my Body F look nothing like the photos on the RealDoll.com/RealDollEyes.com website and I would not recommend that color.

2010 Body B, 2014 Body D, 2017 Body F and Body D

Overall Impression:
My new Body D I rate 7/10: Overall I am very happy with her. The loose joints make her much harder to maneuver and use than my older Body D (-1.0). Also still dealing with air in her torso area after two months (-0.5). The nipples on the doll are not what I ordered and do not fit the breasts (-1.0). My older used Body D with two hip joints that I replaced and stiffer arm/shoulder joints is much more enjoyable and was half the price (-0.5).

My new Body F I currently rate 3/10: While I like the design/figure/proportions of the Body F doll in general, the asymmetrical breast enhancement and asymmetrical upper back on my Body F resemble a factory second/third rather than a new, full priced doll (-3.0). These flaws were the first thing that I noticed when I opened her crate yet they want unnoticed at the factory before the doll was shipped (-2.0). And with the increasing problems with air in her buttocks and skin separating from the gel implants (-2.0), I am very disappointed with this purchase. I am very unhappy after waiting almost 15 years to purchase a Body 5 type RealDoll, with a Stephanie face and removable insert, just to have a deformed, asymmetrical doll. It makes me sick/frustrated every time I look at her.

INFORMATIONS