www.sm-doll.com

Dollenvy's purchase, unboxing and review of my first SM 136

Shangmei Doll is the one of the largest sex doll manufacturer in China since 2004. We strive for the best quality doll and excellent customer service in the industry since 2004. SM doll have been working for well known brands as OEM partners in the past couple of year, we already sold thousands of the the products in the Western markets over the years. We are working very closely with the best product designers in delivering the desirable products in the Western market and proudly make a debut as our own brand in 2018.
dollenvy

Dollenvy's purchase, unboxing and review of my first SM 136

Post by dollenvy »

(THIS IS MY HONEST AND PAINFUL REVIEW OF MY FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH THIS DOLL. IT IS IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER JUST SO YOU KNOW!)

Hello all,

Since this is my first purchase of a love doll I thought I'd document my whole experience purchasing, unboxing, 1st impressions and so forth right here on the forum.

As a newbie I tried researching everything I could find on the internet regarding all types of dolls. Considering my budget of $1K I settled on TPE versus Silicone dolls. I almost unwisely chose to purchase a doll at Amazon and eBay online then I found this forum. Mingled around all the different topics regarding doll ownership and maintenance and was just about ready to change my mind about doll ownership (and you know why...size, weight, TPE skincare, maintenance, etc) until I read a doll review from Babel99. The sheer enthusiasm he had towards the whole process of purchasing and finally receiving his sweetheart was overwhelming. Therefore, I'm happy to say that as a result of reading his review I decided to take the plunge and purchase an SM 136 Elf doll.

Based on recommendations from other doll owners the best person to contact regarding purchasing this doll from SM-Doll was Jack. Unfortunately after several attempts in contacting him and some misunderstandings (probably due to my lack of confidence being a newbie and all) I decided to work with Star. She was wonderful during the whole process from start to finish. I can't recommend her enough if you are looking to get a new SM-Doll. So, after purchasing the doll with her came the wait...

Star sent my new doll's pics from factory and it was wonderful to see what they've created for me. Those of you that have SM Elf dolls will see the resemblance for sure. Yea, but I kinda think this one is a little special (right)...She's my first real sex doll! (hmmm, can I use the word "real" about a TPE skinned doll?) aaaahhh anyway...

Since her birthday was April 5, 2019 I would have named her Aries but I wasn't too fond of that name so I shortened it to Ari. As I was thinking about what she'd be like in my home I couldn't help but think of a spunky, outgoing, fiery, and exciting piece of ass that I haven't had in a long time gents!...lol

THE ARRIVAL:

I ordered my SM 136 doll on 3/29/19. She was shipped on 4/8/19 and arrived at my doorstep on Friday the 11th. I definitely wasn't expecting the doll this soon. I brought the box into my house and just starred at it for about 2mins. All I was thinking about was every single TDF post that I read previously and leading up to this event. Then I said to myself "what the hell have I gottin' myself into!" After that I walked away and continued my days activities. So there she sat alone and probably hungry and I did nothing to resolve this for at least 2 days. Why was I so apprehensive? Wasn't this something I had been waiting for? You know what I think it was...i think it was truly the thought of having to start the whole inspection, washing and maintenance process that I really did not want to get into right now. Yea, that was one thought. The other was wondering what she would be like. Would she be like everything I've read about on the forum...soft, sexy, cuddly, pretty? Well, there's no time like the present to find out!

UNBOXING:

Finally decided to open the box. The dimensions on the box were 131 X 40 X 29cm. Once I got the box opened I noticed how impeccably wrapped the torso was especially the legs, ankles and feet. I needed scissors to remove the wrapping around the foot. It was almost like removing a cast from her leg...lol Here's some pics you should all be too familiar with seeing from your own unboxings. Package came with what I assume was the normal accessories; wig, comb, douche bottle, gloves, lingerie, wig cap and I think there's a tongue with it as well (thank you Star!)
IMG_0015 copy.jpg
IMG_0015 copy.jpg (1.57 MiB) Viewed 1520 times
IMG_0051 copy.jpg
IMG_0051 copy.jpg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 1520 times
IMG_0052 copy.jpg
IMG_0052 copy.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 1520 times
1ST IMPRESSIONS FROM A NEWBIE'S PERSPECTIVE:

The first thing I said to myself when I saw the doll's head was "man, that's a small head". Her head looks to be the size of a cantaloupe. She had pretty eyes and luscious lips but the head to me was tiny. The oral cavity was very small and short. Actually it was closed off. I had to pry open the mouth and wasn't sure how far I could open it. (yes, this doll did come with an oral cavity). The feet were small and reminded me of another member's post regarding his elf doll's feet. Doesn't look like she would wear a size 5. Her feet look smaller than that but I could be wrong. The weight of the torso threw me off as well. I just wasn't used to dead weight like that. Skin felt cold, rubbery and clammy. She has a nice round ass that you can grab on to. Joints feel very tight. It is hard for me to move her arms, legs, neck and back without having a hernia...lol (is that normal?). When I'm pulling on her I feel like she's going to break and I don't want to hurt this doll in any way.

OBSERVATIONS:

The doll seems heavier than what I was expecting. I don't have a scale so I can't weigh her. The specs on SM-Doll's website showed she weighed 26kg or 61.7lbs. She feels a lot heavier than that I'm afraid.

Her boobs and ass were also a lot solid/firm than I was expecting too. I was expecting a softer feeling to them like squishy.

I noticed on top off the dolls head were indentations (dips) and was not sure if this was normal or not. On the left foot I could only see (2) foot bolts instead of 3. I believe one might have been screwed in too far into her foot.
IMG_0024 copy.jpg
IMG_0024 copy.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 1520 times
IMG_0034 copy.jpg
IMG_0034 copy.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 1520 times
IMG_0063 copy.jpg
IMG_0063 copy.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 1520 times
I also noticed another indentation on the upper back of the torso (again, is this normal?). I didn't notice this on the factory pics at first but now I see its there too. On her right calf are two light brown spots. Not sure was these spots are. I didn't see anything brown inside of the box although the box is actually brown. Anybody know what could cause this?
IMG_0088 copy.jpg
IMG_0088 copy.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 1520 times
IMG_0098 copy.jpg
IMG_0098 copy.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 1520 times
The skin on this doll is very rubbery. This is my first time ever touching a sex doll and to me it doesn't feel soft, it just feels rubbery and springy like a bike inner tube or something similar. I can bounce a quarter off her stomach with no problem.

Now on to the wig. Hair strands are very clingy. As I kept reaching for the wig to pick it up I could see the strands reaching out for my hand on their own. Is that static electricity or what?

Hands and feet seem delicate like if I squeeze to hard they'll snap. I have to be mindful of how I'm moving her around and make sure they aren't bending out of place.

The last observation is actually the most prominent. The doll has a very strong TPE odor (factory newness I suppose). Given that I've never smelled that before it is awful and unbearable. This alone almost made me put the dang thing back in the box and leave her there!

CHALLENGES:

After I put the doll together on the first day, gave her a bath, powdered her I said to myself again "man, what the hell did I get myself into here"? I was already tired from picking her up and moving her around from the bedroom to the bathroom (cause that's where I showered her to try and get the TPE funk off her) and back to the bedroom. As I was trying to move her arms out the way, then her legs, turn her over, do it again, continue powdering her (damn these stiff joints)... it was starting to feel like a chore...like something you don't want to do but you know you have to?

Not once did I feel a connection with the doll. I thought maybe it would happen in the shower or maybe during the powdering but...nothing! I stood her up and leaned her against my bed and just starred at her. All I could think of at that moment was the TPE odor that was so strong I couldn't be in the same room with her for too long. Damn, why did it have to be so strong! And to top that off, remember how small I thought her head was earlier? Well even when I put her head on her body she didn't look to me like an elf doll. She looks like a small child with long hair, big boobs and pointed ears. How do I rap my mind around that?

Now granted I've seen the pics of everyone's elf doll on this forum and they all seemed sexy and great looking. However, looking at my doll standing right in front of me with her tiny head, hands and feet, naked is not giving me a woody not one bit. Is that a concern? You damn right its a concern as well it should be. I paid good money for this doll to provide stimulation and pleasure. What the hell did I do wrong? Did I choose the wrong size doll?

Now the hair is another thing altogether. I'm not a hair stylist nor do I plan to be. Why can't the wig stay on this child's, I mean, doll's head? Strands going all which way and the other. I can't keep the hair off the doll's face. Also, every time I want to change a pose or position her wig just keeps falling off her head. Gives me a headache thinking about it. Maybe it's the wig...maybe it's just me...I don't know! What I do know is how frustrating the first day with this doll was for me.

So I picked 136cm after reading all the members remarks about size and weight of dolls and what to look out for. I have a bad back and because of that I leaned towards a much lighter doll since this was my first. But it wasn't just that. It was what I saw in the members elf pics that made me think "that's the one"! The elf doll had a curved ass and sculptured legs and calves and the most gorgeous eyes that I just loved. It didn't appear to be in a tiny package either (at least on photograph). Yes, I knew about the small waist being an issue but I was overlooking that because of everything else that I liked. But my doll did not exceed any of my expectations at all!

THE WEEKEND:

So I took the weekend to really see if I could learn a little more about how to handle this particular doll. I put her in all types of different poses (without the wig) to see what her limitations were. Then I started taking pictures of her (with the wig) in all white clothing just to see how photogenic she was. Turns out she's amazingly photogenic! It's just too damn difficult to move her limbs and back due to her stiff joints...and I mean stiff to the point where I will break into a sweat in a matter of 2 minutes just to put a t-shirt on her. But anyway...then I removed her head and re-attached several times to get it to a fixed position. Not sure how many rotations it takes to get the head to stay still. Every time I move the doll the head moves too (left to right). I don't know how to get it tight enough that I'm not tearing the TPE skin on the neck to get it to stay put. This is not fun at all!

CONCLUSION:

It's becoming very painful for me to use this doll...and I mean physically painful! The joints don't seem to be loosening up (not sure if they ever will) and I've thrown my back out twice trying to move her from the floor to the bed. The doll is cold and clammy and does not sleep in my bed (Yes, I've powered her but she continues to get clammy again). So when I store her overnight I take her head/wig off her torso and lay her flat down on her back in another room for the night. If it weren't for the strong TPE odor and those stiff joints I'd be more inclined to try more outfits on her and see if I can at least get the image of her looking like a small child out of my head. But the smell is so strong its unbearable that I don't want to go near her. Wash after wash after wash and still TPE strong. So I'm sorry to say that my experience is not as joyful and pleasurable as most of you on this forum has been. Just my luck I guess!

ARI's FIRST PHOTOSHOOT:

Even though I have problems with the stiff joints on her I was able to manage some poses for a photoshoot the other day. Maybe the TPE odor will wear off soon and I can enjoy her a little better. For now enjoy the pics of Ari.
IMG_0151 copy.jpg
IMG_0151 copy.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 1520 times
IMG_0161 copy.jpg
IMG_0161 copy.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 1520 times
IMG_0176 copy.jpg
IMG_0176 copy.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 1520 times
IMG_0208 copy.jpg
IMG_0208 copy.jpg (913.75 KiB) Viewed 1520 times
My first doll purchase - viewtopic.php?f=269&t=116994

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Dollenvy's purchase, unboxing and review of my first SM

Post by Dollarhyde »

Great review as you have already guessed there is a learning curve. Everyone has a different experience with there ladies. As to the indentations they are not common but can happen again this comes down to as quality control issue. Yes, dolls in the smaller category are going to have small heads about the size of a cantaloupe, as to the joints it's typical for them to be tight they will loosen with time and use she won't break unless her joints are so tight that they are almost impossible to move that's something you need to contact Star with... :glou:

I'm sorry you are having a difficult time with Aries... :cry:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

Sorry to hear you are not smitten with your doll choice. Perhaps the doll is too small in stature for you adding to that the smell, stiff joints, the moving of the dead weight is piling up in your mind creating a road block for you to bond with the doll. The smell part did you read the doll maintenance threads here. Some who have had new dolls with a sensitive nose have not been able to get past that alone. My first a Rifrano had a very strong odor but it did reduce over time. Newlywed guide https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 67&t=88389 When i chose both of my dolls i took my time, and when i opened the box i knew i made the right choice. Dolls do require you to do everything for them so they can then do for you. They appeal visually to me on their own and have from day one so that i know is very important for me. The compression marks on the head should go away on their own, the spots could be something the doll picked up off a production table or worker. The anomaly on her upper back could be a problem. My second doll Vannelope had a blister that was more than just a blister, it was a blister yes but it formed over a void. so once i deflated the blister i had a crater after that that goes in nearly a inch. You should be able to feel if you have a void below that area on yours. The foot bolt is it there under the TPE, I think they may have missed putting the bolt into that position after the doll was made.
Attachments
IMG_0208.JPG
IMG_0208.JPG (424.33 KiB) Viewed 1493 times

jwhf
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jwhf »

now i am having doubts again with this brand

The Romantic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Romantic »

I took delivery a couple weeks back of a 136A from SM. I have to say, I have been COMPLETELY enthralled and impressed with her. I have a half-dozen other TPE girls and there are usually pro's & con's with each.

She's just like Metricnut's Katie but with a different head. Unfortunately I cannot show pics on TDF of her, but I find the sculpt to be perfect, the TPE smell practically non-existant and the joints feel solid. Yes, they do tend to over tighten them, but since they only get looser over time, this is fine with me. The TPE is firmer than the newer WM's but for me that just means no new compression marks all the time.

Only time will tell on the durability, but for the money, Star & SM deliver a quality product at an amazing price.
"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."

Nazario_Oldham
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Nazario_Oldham »

The Romantic wrote:I took delivery a couple weeks back of a 136A from SM. I have to say, I have been COMPLETELY enthralled and impressed with her. I have a half-dozen other TPE girls and there are usually pro's & con's with each.

She's just like Metricnut's Katie but with a different head. Unfortunately I cannot show pics on TDF of her, but I find the sculpt to be perfect, the TPE smell practically non-existant and the joints feel solid. Yes, they do tend to over tighten them, but since they only get looser over time, this is fine with me. The TPE is firmer than the newer WM's but for me that just means no new compression marks all the time.

Only time will tell on the durability, but for the money, Star & SM deliver a quality product at an amazing price.
Very well said Romantic. I too agree Star & SM deliver quality products for sure.

One thing I've personally done to help with the smell is creating a ventilation type system with a window open and fan.

Best wishes
Naz
Kindest Regards,
Naz

MY DOLLS
Jena - DollXES 125cm
Danika - SM 138d - viewtopic.php?t=160713

Doll #3 Zoey WM 140d Coming Spring 2023 :whistle:

SMdoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by SMdoll »

Hello, dollenvy. First of all, I am very sorry to see this post. I always insist on the principle of work is so that customers can be happy to have their dolls, , especially you as a newcomer. Sorry, I didn't do that. However, I need to explain the following problems you mentioned in the post:
1. The joints of the doll are fixed by screws. After you exercise for a long time, the joints will gradually become loose, which is a problem that all manufacturers cannot solve at present. Therefore, after some customer feedback, our factory decided to make the doll's joints a little tighter by default. But I apologize to you here, because as a newcomer, I didn't explain it to you clearly at that time.
2. Marks on the doll's head and back. Because of the way the doll is made, there may be some imperfections after birth, such as bubbles on the back of Boobman's doll above, which is not unique to our brand. Therefore, in the first step of doll production, we will make some detailed repairs to the doll. However, it is difficult to make the doll without any trace. We can only try to reduce these imperfections in the production process, but it is really difficult to avoid.
3. The screw at the bottom of the foot, the nail at the top right corner of the right foot should be a little more material, so the nail did not show, but this will not affect her use, of course, you may mind the beauty of it, I'm sorry.
4.The smell of the doll. In fact, SMdoll's smell is relatively small. But maybe everyone has a different sensitivity to taste, so you might be particularly intolerant. You can put the doll in a ventilated place, after a week or so, the taste will gradually become smaller.
5. As for the doll wigs, they are not as easy to be managed as human hair. However, we also have the option of hair transplantation.
Finally, I hope you can gradually learn how to get along with Aries and start to enjoy her existence. If you still have some problems that cannot be solved, please feel free to contact me at any time. SMdoll and I will help you solve them together. :glou:
Star
star@sm-doll.com
Email address: star@sm-doll.com
http://www.sm-doll.com
If you are looking for a doll that satisfies you, or if you want to ask any questions about dolls, you can contact us!

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

You have one sexy Doll, looking at Ari's face all I see is Sexy Elf, TPE smell is the scourge of the Doll industry, have patience this too shall pass, you have a beautiful Doll, and she takes great pictures, look at the bright side, stiff joints will make her hold better poses, if all else fails try a Torso Doll. :lying:

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

SMdoll wrote:Hello, dollenvy. First of all, I am very sorry to see this post. I always insist on the principle of work is so that customers can be happy to have their dolls, , especially you as a newcomer. Sorry, I didn't do that. However, I need to explain the following problems you mentioned in the post:
1. The joints of the doll are fixed by screws. After you exercise for a long time, the joints will gradually become loose, which is a problem that all manufacturers cannot solve at present. Therefore, after some customer feedback, our factory decided to make the doll's joints a little tighter by default. But I apologize to you here, because as a newcomer, I didn't explain it to you clearly at that time.
2. Marks on the doll's head and back. Because of the way the doll is made, there may be some imperfections after birth, such as bubbles on the back of Boobman's doll above, which is not unique to our brand. Therefore, in the first step of doll production, we will make some detailed repairs to the doll. However, it is difficult to make the doll without any trace. We can only try to reduce these imperfections in the production process, but it is really difficult to avoid.
3. The screw at the bottom of the foot, the nail at the top right corner of the right foot should be a little more material, so the nail did not show, but this will not affect her use, of course, you may mind the beauty of it, I'm sorry.
4.The smell of the doll. In fact, SMdoll's smell is relatively small. But maybe everyone has a different sensitivity to taste, so you might be particularly intolerant. You can put the doll in a ventilated place, after a week or so, the taste will gradually become smaller.
5. As for the doll wigs, they are not as easy to be managed as human hair. However, we also have the option of hair transplantation.
Finally, I hope you can gradually learn how to get along with Aries and start to enjoy her existence. If you still have some problems that cannot be solved, please feel free to contact me at any time. SMdoll and I will help you solve them together. :glou:
Star
star@sm-doll.com
Now see this is good customer service... Great job Star... :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

setevoltas
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by setevoltas »

Hey Dollenvy... I give you a lot of credit for posting this. I know it might not have been easy. You see lots of dreamy stories about honeymoons and connections on here, and I'm not saying those aren't genuine, but stories like yours are important too. It's good you got it out there.

I gave away my first doll basically for free because I couldn't get past that "holy shit what have I done" feeling you described on day one. The idea of going to get the package was freaking me out. Looking at sexy pictures is a far cry from facing down one of these giant boxes for the first time. It's intense.

I definitely don't think you should give up. The SM 136 elf really IS a beautiful doll. And she is lighter than a whole lot of other dolls out there, which seems important for you. If you've got physical restrictions this is probably one of the best choices you could have made.

Now, two things I'm reading here that I'm also seeing more lately in other threads:

1) With the large caveat that women all over the world are built differently, let this be a reminder that 136cm is pretty damned short. For people who don't like short women or don't have a genuine elf fetish/ fantasy, maybe just enjoy the pictures of this doll.

2) Even a light doll requires some lifting technique. I think the "go light" / "dead weight isn't gym weight" mantra is walking some people into a buzzsaw. If you haven't ever lifted seriously (or at all) or have injuries to negotiate, I seriously suggest spending 6 to 8 weeks doing something to strengthen your back and core before ordering your doll. I leave program design to Google or your local trainer. For one, it will remind/ teach you about muscle soreness so that week one with the doll isn't so intimidating. Dolls are a workout, even small and light ones. And being in better shape prior to her arrival is only going to add to the fantasy.

Dollenvy, don't lose heart. You'll figure something out.
Sete's Gatas
Instagram - @setesartphotography

dollenvy

Post by dollenvy »

Dollarhyde wrote:Great review as you have already guessed there is a learning curve. Everyone has a different experience with there ladies. As to the indentations they are not common but can happen again this comes down to as quality control issue. Yes, dolls in the smaller category are going to have small heads about the size of a cantaloupe, as to the joints it's typical for them to be tight they will loosen with time and use she won't break unless her joints are so tight that they are almost impossible to move that's something you need to contact Star with... :glou:

I'm sorry you are having a difficult time with Aries... :cry:
Dollarhyde, I didn't think for me it would be much of a learning curve considering how much info I've read on this forum. I'd been admiring all the wonderful stories of people with their dolls and what they've done with and to them. Made me a little jealous of sorts. And I just had to have one of my own. It's very hard to get the scale of these dolls just looking at pictures. I never would have thought her head would be that small. But I now realize that a bigger head would not look right on her torso, it just wouldn't! Thanks for the sentiment though. I really appreciate that!
Boobman wrote:Sorry to hear you are not smitten with your doll choice. Perhaps the doll is too small in stature for you adding to that the smell, stiff joints, the moving of the dead weight is piling up in your mind creating a road block for you to bond with the doll. The smell part did you read the doll maintenance threads here. Some who have had new dolls with a sensitive nose have not been able to get past that alone. My first a Rifrano had a very strong odor but it did reduce over time. Newlywed guide https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 67&t=88389 When i chose both of my dolls i took my time, and when i opened the box i knew i made the right choice. Dolls do require you to do everything for them so they can then do for you. They appeal visually to me on their own and have from day one so that i know is very important for me. The compression marks on the head should go away on their own, the spots could be something the doll picked up off a production table or worker. The anomaly on her upper back could be a problem. My second doll Vannelope had a blister that was more than just a blister, it was a blister yes but it formed over a void. so once i deflated the blister i had a crater after that that goes in nearly a inch. You should be able to feel if you have a void below that area on yours. The foot bolt is it there under the TPE, I think they may have missed putting the bolt into that position after the doll was made.
Yea Boobman, the “small in stature” statement rings so true in my situation. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that she looks like a small child. Did not get any indication from anyone's pics that she would appear to me that way “ever”. And you're absolutely right...all of the issues I've raised have piled up in my mind and created a road block keeping me from bonding with Ari. I need to figure out a way around it.
The Romantic wrote:I took delivery a couple weeks back of a 136A from SM. I have to say, I have been COMPLETELY enthralled and impressed with her. I have a half-dozen other TPE girls and there are usually pro's & con's with each.

The Romantic, I keep seeing people say “compression marks”. What is that by the way? Is that something I should be looking out for? And for the record, I can attest to her being a very quality product from SMDoll. I just wished I could be near her longer to enjoy!
SMdoll wrote:Hello, dollenvy. First of all, I am very sorry to see this post. I always insist on the principle of work is so that customers can be happy to have their dolls, , especially you as a newcomer. Sorry, I didn't do that. However, I need to explain the following problems you mentioned in the post:
Star
star@sm-doll.com
Star, thank you for addressing all of my concerns I really appreciate that. Of course I didn't truly realize that this would be a major learning curve for me once I received the doll. Especially considering all the research I've done beforehand on this forum to prepare myself for taking ownership and then seeing the reality of it take control over how I feel about her initially. It's been 7 days since I opened the box and have become somewhat accustom to her being in my home and filling up most of my spare time. The TPE odor seems to be decreasing a little so far and I'm able to tolerate it for the most part. The head seems to be where most of the TPE odor appears to be coming from. Also, after several powderings I am starting to feel her skin getting softer and smoother as well (go figure). As to the imperfections, I'm starting to look at them as beauty marks or whatever it is that makes her different from other dolls (special). Dollfriend stated that I have one sexy Doll and that he see's the sexy Elf in her face. As time goes on I'm starting to agree. The more outfits and changes I can make the more appealing she's becoming to me. I just wish the joints weren't so stiff so that I can get the cloths on and off her. But I'm learning how to manipulate her limbs so its a little easier than before. I'm now wishing I had a taller doll that weighed the same or less but I don't think that is possible. Don't get me wrong, she is perfect for her size and weight the way SMDoll made her just not perfect for me.
setevoltas wrote:Hey Dollenvy... I give you a lot of credit for posting this. I know it might not have been easy. You see lots of dreamy stories about honeymoons and connections on here, and I'm not saying those aren't genuine, but stories like yours are important too. It's good you got it out there.

I gave away my first doll basically for free because I couldn't get past that "holy shit what have I done" feeling you described on day one. The idea of going to get the package was freaking me out. Looking at sexy pictures is a far cry from facing down one of these giant boxes for the first time. It's intense.

I definitely don't think you should give up. The SM 136 elf really IS a beautiful doll. And she is lighter than a whole lot of other dolls out there, which seems important for you. If you've got physical restrictions this is probably one of the best choices you could have made.

Now, two things I'm reading here that I'm also seeing more lately in other threads:

1) With the large caveat that women all over the world are built differently, let this be a reminder that 136cm is pretty damned short. For people who don't like short women or don't have a genuine elf fetish/ fantasy, maybe just enjoy the pictures of this doll.

2) Even a light doll requires some lifting technique. I think the "go light" / "dead weight isn't gym weight" mantra is walking some people into a buzzsaw. If you haven't ever lifted seriously (or at all) or have injuries to negotiate, I seriously suggest spending 6 to 8 weeks doing something to strengthen your back and core before ordering your doll. I leave program design to Google or your local trainer. For one, it will remind/ teach you about muscle soreness so that week one with the doll isn't so intimidating. Dolls are a workout, even small and light ones. And being in better shape prior to her arrival is only going to add to the fantasy.

Dollenvy, don't lose heart. You'll figure something out.
Yea, I didn't realize how much the physical restriction would come into play until I went to wash, powder then dress the doll. If the joints were looser I think it would be better for me because I can then manipulate her quicker so as to not use so much muscle and effort during the maintenance process. This is making me tired at the end of the day. For now though I shall take your advice and work on strengthening my back and core which should help with all the lifting I'm having to do with her. And, I haven't given up...yet! lol

SMdoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by SMdoll »

Hi,dollenvy.The joints of the doll will loosen a little bit during use. If you want a bigger doll in the future, I think I'd be happy to help.
Star
Email address: star@sm-doll.com
http://www.sm-doll.com
If you are looking for a doll that satisfies you, or if you want to ask any questions about dolls, you can contact us!

The Romantic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Romantic »

Compression marks occur when something is pressed into the TPE for long periods of time. The softer the TPE the quicker it can happen. They will relax back out over time and are not usually considered permanent. A good example would be if a doll was leaning against a sharp edged counter for days, she's gonna have a crease from that edge that was pressing into her.

When TPE is super soft, things like tight elastic socks or anything pressing into it, even gently, may leave a temporary dent. I've had a decorative bracelet on a wrist leave that decorative pattern on her belly because it rested there overnight. Again, it wasn't permanent, but something to watch for.

SM TPE isn't super soft, and some would view that as an advantage.
As I said in my earlier post, ALL dolls have pro's & con's.
"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

What you can do now to try to bond with Ari is try to think of what you do like about her & try to build off that. It may be you cannot get passed what you have stated already. If you try to sell her now even unused you will take a financial hit. Perhaps SM could help with a older looking non elf head. Make-up too can really change the look, wigs help in that regard too. The doll scale can be missed so easily with the style of clothes they make for them even the smaller stature dolls its hard to tell. Hope you find a good resolution and Ari bonds with you or you find her a good home. There is a for sale section here on TDF too.

dollenvy

Post by dollenvy »

Boobman wrote:What you can do now to try to bond with Ari is try to think of what you do like about her & try to build off that. It may be you cannot get passed what you have stated already. If you try to sell her now even unused you will take a financial hit. Perhaps SM could help with a older looking non elf head. Make-up too can really change the look, wigs help in that regard too. The doll scale can be missed so easily with the style of clothes they make for them even the smaller stature dolls its hard to tell. Hope you find a good resolution and Ari bonds with you or you find her a good home. There is a for sale section here on TDF too.
All good ideas...thanks Boobman!

INFORMATIONS