www.the-doll-house.com

Meet Lynne, my WM153 #85

The-Doll-House is a UK retailer of Premium quality, photorealistic, kinaesthetically convincing, high-end, luxury Silicone and TPE Sex/Love dolls, delivered to all Continents. All responsibility for EU Import Duty and Customs & Excise costs are assumed by The-Doll-House. No hidden costs incurred with purchases from The-Doll-House. Some of the best UK Sex Doll prices can be found at The-Doll-House. We are waiting for you!
kojima

Re: Meet Lynne, my WM153 #85

Post by kojima »

evertrav wrote:International shipping can be quite the hazard. To be that the discoloration occurred in an area easily hidden by hair is quite fortunate.

I am interested in that her fist few pictures seem to show her with some lipstick, but the last appear to be without. Is that lighting or did you add and subtract lipstick? The ability to successfully remove lipstick without stains interests me.
Unless you request them not to, most dolls ship from the manufacturer with make-up already applied. Don't quote me on this, but I believe they use specific types of make-up to essentially "stain" the TPE so that the make-up stays on the doll. Moisture alone isn't usually enough to take it off. You use mineral oil to get it off and reset the doll face to a clean slate. I haven't removed Maaya's factory make-up yet because I love the job they did on her. That and I haven't looked into any of the make-up tutorials yet, so I'm scared of messing up her looks until I'm ready to do it myself.

Muninn can speak more to this regarding Lynne specifically, but it does certainly look like he's cleaned up some of her original make-up and changed it up himself. It seems lighter than her arrival photos. Even the eyebrows, but I think they match her blonde hair much better now!
Currently boarding:
青山真綾 (Maaya Aoyama) ::WM 153 #85::

Maaya's Doll Album

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Applying lipstick and makeup can be fun! :D put it on kiss it off, repeat! :whistle:

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

kojima wrote:
evertrav wrote:International shipping can be quite the hazard. To be that the discoloration occurred in an area easily hidden by hair is quite fortunate.

I am interested in that her fist few pictures seem to show her with some lipstick, but the last appear to be without. Is that lighting or did you add and subtract lipstick? The ability to successfully remove lipstick without stains interests me.
Unless you request them not to, most dolls ship from the manufacturer with make-up already applied. Don't quote me on this, but I believe they use specific types of make-up to essentially "stain" the TPE so that the make-up stays on the doll. Moisture alone isn't usually enough to take it off. You use mineral oil to get it off and reset the doll face to a clean slate. I haven't removed Maaya's factory make-up yet because I love the job they did on her. That and I haven't looked into any of the make-up tutorials yet, so I'm scared of messing up her looks until I'm ready to do it myself.

Muninn can speak more to this regarding Lynne specifically, but it does certainly look like he's cleaned up some of her original make-up and changed it up himself. It seems lighter than her arrival photos. Even the eyebrows, but I think they match her blonde hair much better now!
Yes, I think the eyebrows suit her a lot better now they are a a bit lighter.

What with the stain issue on the neck, I have cleaned the head a couple of times with soapy water, though I've been very gentle with the face itself - she hasn't been fully oiled yet either, apart from Nivea creme on the crease areas of the body etc. (apparently WM dolls don't need oiling straight away with the newer blends, there's more than enough oil already). She has faded noticeably on the lips, probably too much kissing! Her makeup wasn't excessive anyway, she has natural skin colour with light lips and nipples, though I'm considering darkening the nipples slightly, and adding lip pencil or gloss when I dare - I've been practising on an old TPE pocket pussy to see how it works. There's some good tutorials on here if you do a search.

That said, I agree with Kojima, Lynne does suit a more muted makeup palette with her Nordic looks, whereas his Maaya can be a bit darker.

Another job I need to sort out is a bit of finger surgery. I damaged a couple in my sleep the other night - I'm a very tactile person and I do like to hold her hands - I must have done so subconsciously at one point in bed... they're so fragile!
(They/Them)
Companion of the lovely Lyngheiður a.k.a Lynne - A WM153 #85 - now she has a Doll Album!
Say Hi to her on "Dolls Alive"! - Lynne's Page

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

A little update: I bought a lip pencil from The Body Shop* earlier, and decided to give it a go as it seemed easier than the gloss I purchased. I don't think it's bad for a first try?!
IMAG3116s.jpg
IMAG3116s.jpg (365.98 KiB) Viewed 4286 times
* The lady working there was very helpful, as I was buying for my OH - always worth acting like the dumb boyfriend. She then asked if my girlfriend had a loyalty card given that I said she shops there regularly. I said I wasn't sure, so she said she could check the system:

"What's her name?"
"Lynne Tórsdóttir... oh, let me spell that... yes, Icelandic... tricky language... <mumble mumble>"
"Date of Birth?"
"Ummm... 8th January 1996"
"Oh, doesn't look like she has a card, I'll get one for you!" :D
(They/Them)
Companion of the lovely Lyngheiður a.k.a Lynne - A WM153 #85 - now she has a Doll Album!

kojima

Post by kojima »

Those fingers are indeed very fragile. Two of Maaya's fingers have managed to come out of the hand plate on her left hand. I haven't banged into any walls with her, and I had her hand in a sock to keep her fingers safe while she was in bed. My only guess is that at some point when I was positioning her on the bed, she rolled onto her hand and the wires came out of the plate (or snapped). It's nothing that I'm too worried about yet, I'll have to see how it affects her going forward. So, yes, do be extra careful with the fingers and hands, they are very fragile.
Muninn wrote:A little update: I bought a lip pencil from The Body Shop* earlier, and decided to give it a go as it seemed easier than the gloss I purchased. I don't think it's bad for a first try?!
IMAG3116s.jpg
* The lady working there was very helpful, as I was buying for my OH - always worth acting like the dumb boyfriend. She then asked if my girlfriend had a loyalty card given that I said she shops there regularly. I said I wasn't sure, so she said she could check the system:

"What's her name?"
"Lynne Tórsdóttir... oh, let me spell that... yes, Icelandic... tricky language... <mumble mumble>"
"Date of Birth?"
"Ummm... 8th January 1996"
"Oh, doesn't look like she has a card, I'll get one for you!" :D
I had a similar encounter at a wig shop in town to get some supplies for Maaya's hair. I told the lady my girlfriend needed some stuff and asked me to get it while I was in town. She was super helpful.

Also... First try? I don't believe you. =P If that's you're first attempt, I'd say you passed with flying colors. She looks great, Muninn!
Currently boarding:

Maaya's Doll Album

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

Indeed it was a first attempt, I was quite proud of myself! :D The pencil seems to last quite well too. I'm trying to work out if the finger wires have pulled out from the wires, or if the wires have come away from the palm. Seems the former is easy to remedy without surgery.

Day off today, which doesn't stop me being called by clients etc. while I was still in bed with my coffee. Was making some arrangements over the phone to start up a project next week, and I couldn't help get distracted by this view - the client was quite oblivious to my "multitasking" thankfully!
IMAG3122.jpg
IMAG3122.jpg (2.06 MiB) Viewed 4249 times
It's maintenance time for Lynne today. I've fixed up a couple of loose fingernails, reattached ahalf loose eyelash that kept coming off during various "moments", and have just applied Nivea creme to some of her crease areas. Will let that dry and head out for a bit. Going to get another lip pencil colour to see if I can recolour her nipples as they've faded now.
(They/Them)

kojima

Post by kojima »

You'll have to keep us up to date on what product you use and how well it works. I went with pink for Maaya's nipples. I didn't really like any of the options: Pink was too light and I didn't like the browns. I was hoping for a darker shade of pink, but.... I would like to color them at some point, but it's not a priority right now since she stays clothed 90% of the time anyway except for when I clean and maintain her.

Speaking on maintenance, her eyelashes haven't come off yet, but they have started to come loose from positioning her eyes. What did you use to reattach your eyelashes and fingernails?
Currently boarding:

Maaya's Doll Album

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

For her lips I used a Body Shop lip liner called "Siren Red", which goes on really well, and only needs the occasional touch up to keep her looking good. More than happy with it. For her nipples I used a "Rose" liner by Revlon. Seemed to be a bit more trouble to put on, and rubs off a lot quicker than on the lips. Don't know if it is the brand, or if the nipples are more of a "heavy traffic" area :whistle: - I was tipped off elsewhere by carlys_guy about some semi-permanent make up that is sold on here by triple A and crazycajun. Might be worth further investigation for the nips. Here's a photo of how it finished up:
IMG_0586.JPG
IMG_0586.JPG (750.99 KiB) Viewed 4235 times
As for the eyelashes and nails, I used a standard cyanoacrylate based superglue - I've noticed it is safe to use from other member's experiences. Specifically I used Loctite (don't know if you get it in the US?) as they do a Perfect Pen, meaning I can apply it in very small amounts in the right place - it's just like a large marker pen that you squeeze to let the glue out. Otherwise pop a little on the end of a cocktail stick and apply that way.

Need to finish upgrading her foot bolts tomorrow, I've replaced the heel bolts with dome headed coach bolts, but need to get in the workshop to cut down the others as they were all out of 25mm length ones in the hardware shop.
(They/Them)

kojima

Post by kojima »

Muninn wrote:For her lips I used a Body Shop lip liner called "Siren Red", which goes on really well, and only needs the occasional touch up to keep her looking good. More than happy with it. For her nipples I used a "Rose" liner by Revlon. Seemed to be a bit more trouble to put on, and rubs off a lot quicker than on the lips. Don't know if it is the brand, or if the nipples are more of a "heavy traffic" area :whistle: - I was tipped off elsewhere by carlys_guy about some semi-permanent make up that is sold on here by triple A and crazycajun. Might be worth further investigation for the nips. Here's a photo of how it finished up:
IMG_0586.JPG
As for the eyelashes and nails, I used a standard cyanoacrylate based superglue - I've noticed it is safe to use from other member's experiences. Specifically I used Loctite (don't know if you get it in the US?) as they do a Perfect Pen, meaning I can apply it in very small amounts in the right place - it's just like a large marker pen that you squeeze to let the glue out. Otherwise pop a little on the end of a cocktail stick and apply that way.

Need to finish upgrading her foot bolts tomorrow, I've replaced the heel bolts with dome headed coach bolts, but need to get in the workshop to cut down the others as they were all out of 25mm length ones in the hardware shop.
I've seen recommendations for a few different make-up brands around the forum, was curious to know what you went with. I really like the shade you used for her nipples. It's much more appropriate, IMO, than the light pink or brown. As for the glue, they do sell Loctite here, and I've seen a video that said to use superglue, but I wasn't sure if it was a specific brand or type that was recommended.

You seem to really be doing some work on Lynne, giving her some nice improvements. I've seen people offer foot bolt covers, and I'm really looking at getting something for Maaya's feet because the standing bolts that come with are really damaging to the feet, her socks, and... well, just about everything. Are you using bolts you pick up at a hardware store? Are the heads on them wider so as to distribute the weight better?
Currently boarding:

Maaya's Doll Album

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

kojima wrote:You seem to really be doing some work on Lynne, giving her some nice improvements. I've seen people offer foot bolt covers, and I'm really looking at getting something for Maaya's feet because the standing bolts that come with are really damaging to the feet, her socks, and... well, just about everything. Are you using bolts you pick up at a hardware store? Are the heads on them wider so as to distribute the weight better?
Yeah, I want to treat her as well as I can, and being an engineer of various disciplines, I see the improvements that are necessary to keep her looking good. As for the feet, a picture tells a thousand words (apologies if they're not too clear, it's 2am and I'm enjoying beer and a Jethro Tull session on the deck 8) ):
Lynne assures me that her feet don't smell... :D
Lynne assures me that her feet don't smell... :D
IMAG3124.jpg (2.04 MiB) Viewed 4229 times
Here's a good comparison photo - old bolts to the top, new coach bolts on the heels. Considerable difference in surface area, also the shape may allow for better balance. I've not tightened up the new one all the way, but left a bit of a gap so as to protect the skin when it squashes when standing. In fact I temporarily loosened the old ones by half a turn, they were too tight, to the point that they were flush with the TPE. Some people advocate wrapping the bolts with sticking plaster to get rid of any sharp edges and protect socks etc.
IMAG3125.jpg
IMAG3125.jpg (2.58 MiB) Viewed 4229 times
Another bolt comparison. The new ones are 40mm M6 (6mm screw thread) coach bolts. Now I'm not sure what the size would be in imperial flavours, but it seems the bolt holes are metric anyway... I just got them from your typical DIY store, so Home Depot or similar, but your local hardware/ironmongery store in town might do them.
(They/Them)

Hungry Bear
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Hungry Bear »

Shes is a very pretty lady, one would expect that from the daughter of a god eh? Hope that stain was resolved. I have a family member that sells some new lip color for humans that suppose to be ultra long lasting, but its a bit awkward to get from her as I don't have a RG. I have a few lady friends, maybe I could buy it as a gift. I will have to think out a strategy. Cant remember the brand name, but its like a mary k or avon pyramid sales thing. I will post if I get some and it works, could be a new untapped sales avenue for her!
It is okay to feed the bear! In fact, it is highly recommended! Just be sure to count your fingers afterword.

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

Muninn wrote:I got right away with opening the box whilst the coffee was brewing, but was immediately worried by a hole in the end of the box! (Sorry for some of the picture quality, the early photos were done on my phone...)
These dolls seemed to always be shipped in boxes that are a few cm too small for the them. I think they need a longer box with a lot more padding between the neck and the box. Many members have posted photos of this problem. It's not limited to WM. It's a common problem. I also think they need to ship the doll in a double width cardboard box.

kojima

Post by kojima »

Robert Lloyd wrote:
Muninn wrote:I got right away with opening the box whilst the coffee was brewing, but was immediately worried by a hole in the end of the box! (Sorry for some of the picture quality, the early photos were done on my phone...)
These dolls seemed to always be shipped in boxes that are a few cm too small for the them. I think they need a longer box with a lot more padding between the neck and the box. Many members have posted photos of this problem. It's not limited to WM. It's a common problem. I also think they need to ship the doll in a double width cardboard box.
Sturdier cardboard might help, yeah. As would extra padding. Maaya had a little damage to her own box when she was shipped. Her neck bolt had punctured through the box. Luckily there was no visible damage to her, just a hole in the box, but it does seem to be a common problem with the shipping of dolls.
Muninn wrote:The new ones are 40mm M6 (6mm screw thread) coach bolts. Now I'm not sure what the size would be in imperial flavours, but it seems the bolt holes are metric anyway... I just got them from your typical DIY store, so Home Depot or similar, but your local hardware/ironmongery store in town might do them.
Thanks for letting me know, Muninn. We have a local lumber/hardware store in town right across the street from where I work. I picked up a few washers for Maaya's neck, following a recommendation to help with loose heads. I'll have to stop by again to see if they carry any bolts like this. As for the metric, they sell imperial and metric, so thanks for letting me know the specific sizes; it shouldn't be a problem if I know the specifications!
Currently boarding:

Maaya's Doll Album

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

Hungry Bear wrote:Shes is a very pretty lady, one would expect that from the daughter of a god eh? Hope that stain was resolved. I have a family member that sells some new lip color for humans that suppose to be ultra long lasting, but its a bit awkward to get from her as I don't have a RG. I have a few lady friends, maybe I could buy it as a gift. I will have to think out a strategy. Cant remember the brand name, but its like a mary k or avon pyramid sales thing. I will post if I get some and it works, could be a new untapped sales avenue for her!
You know, she never mentions her parents, I'll have to ask her now, there could be a good story there!

Yeah, the stain is pretty much gone though there is still minor scuffing at the top of the neck. Mercifully you can't really see when her head is on. Phil was very good as a vendor as he offered to sort it or exchange the body if I couldn't deal with it.

See what you can do with the lip colour, perhaps if things work out one of your girls could be the TDF Avon Lady?! :D
Robert Lloyd wrote:These dolls seemed to always be shipped in boxes that are a few cm too small for the them. I think they need a longer box with a lot more padding between the neck and the box. Many members have posted photos of this problem. It's not limited to WM. It's a common problem. I also think they need to ship the doll in a double width cardboard box.
The box that Lynne came in was about right for her height, but can imagine larger dolls could pose an issue. I reckon with all the handling from truck to plane to warehouse to van etc. causes the dolls to move about a bit. So extra padding top and bottom would be a big plus.
kojima wrote: Thanks for letting me know, Muninn. We have a local lumber/hardware store in town right across the street from where I work. I picked up a few washers for Maaya's neck, following a recommendation to help with loose heads. I'll have to stop by again to see if they carry any bolts like this. As for the metric, they sell imperial and metric, so thanks for letting me know the specific sizes; it shouldn't be a problem if I know the specifications!
Glad to help. You'll need 2 x 40mm length and 4 x 25mm - good thing they do both imperial and metric, I'm finding imperial is quite rare now, unless you start dealing with classic cars and things like that. The washers for the head were a great idea.
(They/Them)

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

Hey Muninn,

Glad to know that Lynne's stain came off without too much trouble, i know it was hidden but still... once you know it's there :roll: :lol:

I like what you did for her standing feet! hey you could also look into getting some bolt covers from MannequinFan, he prints them out of plastic so they won't damage your floors and they swivel a bit for a more secure footing. Worth looking into! ;)

:glou:

ZD

INFORMATIONS