The Newly wed guide by Jeff and the BCD Girls

We turn dreams into reality!
Sam30
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: The Newly wed guide by Jeff and the BCD Girls

Post by Sam30 »

I've had my doll for over a month now, great guide, just wanted to clarify, how do I get the final coat of powder off once applied? do I just wipe off with a dry towel the next day? or wash it off with wet towel? I'm sorry to ask this if it's been answered, but I was unable to find a definitive answer.

Nazario_Oldham
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Nazario_Oldham »

[quote="Sam30"]I've had my doll for over a month now, great guide, just wanted to clarify, how do I get the final coat of powder off once applied? do I just wipe off with a dry towel the next day? or wash it off with wet towel? I'm sorry to ask this if it's been answered, but I was unable to find a definitive answer.[/quote

The purpose of the "Final Powdering" is to maintain a smoothness to the dolls skin after using the makeup brush etc.

One all the harmful production residue is removed. You can then move your doll to a weekly maintenance routine.

In my situation, I maintain a daily inspect, 7-10 day cleaning, and 30 high stress areas maintenance. As always, everyone's situation is different and varies depending on the situation.
Kindest Regards,
Naz

MY DOLLS
Jena - DollXES 125cm
Danika - SM 138d - viewtopic.php?t=160713

Doll #3 Zoey WM 140d Coming Spring 2023 :whistle:

noxster
Former Member

Post by noxster »

Does a video of this tutorial exist anywhere?

Grubhed
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Grubhed »

I was recently asked about the regimen I use for my doll Missy. I just wanted to share the opening of my reply as a cautionary tale. It was my first doll and I had just joined TDF and still had a lot to learn.
When I first got my doll, I wanted to wash away any factory residue and other possible contamination she picked up during shipping. To be sure it was gentle, I always use liquid baby wash. (Having never been a parent it was weird shopping in the baby aisle at the store.) It was the first and only time I took her in the shower. I wanted to use the shower to be able to rinse her thoroughly. I tried to keep water from going down the neck opening and from pooling up into the standing bolts, (btw the bolts can be adjusted. Don't assume they are correct from the factory.), but I wasn't accustomed to her weight. Wet TPE is extremely slippery! She slipped out of my grasp and hit the ground hard enough to snap the tack weld in her left hip. What the tack welds do is to keep the nut from moving on the bolt, thus maintaining the proper tension. As a result, her hip joint quickly loosened. Now I have to be extremely careful when moving her or trying to pose her. Trying to to stand her for photos is a true balancing act. I've come to refer to that leg as "The Anchor". Now she only gets sponge baths.
It was a hard lesson for me to learn. :(

Grubhed
Missy JY150 link
Nomi SM150
Lana JY140

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Thank you for sharing your experience so others can learn from it.
Yes, another reason why it might be best to do the cleaning on a floor, but not all get the same info when becoming a new doll owner or read to fast
Best,
Jeff

Burg
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Burg »

Awesome guide! Glad I found this before my first doll shows up on Thursday : D I was wondering how everyone kept their ladies like new.

Nazario_Oldham
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Nazario_Oldham »

Burg wrote:Awesome guide! Glad I found this before my first doll shows up on Thursday : D I was wondering how everyone kept their ladies like new.

For me personally, I've followed the BCD Newly Wed guide! Setup a schedule and maintained the schedule for nearly 4 months.

3 dolls very little problems.

Works for me personally so I'm sticking to the program.
Kindest Regards,
Naz

MY DOLLS
Jena - DollXES 125cm
Danika - SM 138d - viewtopic.php?t=160713

Doll #3 Zoey WM 140d Coming Spring 2023 :whistle:

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 9&t=112580
Please Do NOT USE JINSAN STAIN REMOVER on SM DOLLS like me
Love,
Ximena,
The SM BCD Girl

SteelWings

Post by SteelWings »

I just recently purchased a TPE doll so I thank the lovedoll gods for this thread. It will help me out a lot with maintaining and caring for her.

alamode

Post by alamode »

Hi Jeff. My name is Richard. You may remember me from a few years back. I had a defective RLSD and you helped me follow up with Martine. I'm considering another doll. That one was lost when I was evicted a few years back. I have a good idea what I may want. I remember you told me you had the one I got for much less money and you were very helpful so I thought I would come to you this time. I could not get on the BCD site. I'll try again. If not yoh send me some pics.
Thanks,
Richard

alamode

Post by alamode »

Looking for a doll. You helped me with Martine and a defective doll a few years back.

Jehuty
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Jehuty »

alamode wrote:Looking for a doll. You helped me with Martine and a defective doll a few years back.
Hey alamode, this is the doll maintenance thread. You might have better luck sending Jeff a private message or e-mailing him.
Good luck! :thumbs_up:

KittyLove
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by KittyLove »

With my new doll set to arrive in a few weeks, this guide is amazing and will most certianly be making looking after her alot less stressful so I can enjoy doing it instead!

Question about drying the 'holes' after cleaning them out, Do you just jam the airpump tubes up there and leave them running? and how long for?

Thanks. :)
JY175 Owner - Asuna

Rc12211981
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Rc12211981 »

Hi Jeff.... I wanted to ask you since you mentioned Doll4Ever in your tutorial, which is excellent by the way, if the mineral oil treatments are necessary for the type of tpe that they use? Thank you in advance for your reply.
Rose.... Doll4Ever 145cm Fitbody w/evo

JackDanielsNo7
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by JackDanielsNo7 »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:Thank you for sharing your experience so others can learn from it.
Yes, another reason why it might be best to do the cleaning on a floor, but not all get the same info when becoming a new doll owner or read to fast
Best,
Jeff
I must say, I am so glad now that I am forced to wait so Long for my doll to arrive.
I would have done many mistakes. Maybe I would have gotten away lucky. Not likely. I would have been so pissed ruining my pricy acquirement so early. Now since I am just waiting for my doll I now have a Shopping list to prepare, care stuff to look for, and a clear idea on what to do once she Comes. Up until today the waiting has been a pain. But I learnt so much on this Forum that I now reconsider it as a valuable time.
If you want to see my lovely companion and girlfriend and so much more, go there:
viewtopic.php?f=240&t=115630&p=1519970#p1519970
Her Name is Alyssa Victoria Anastasia _______ - Short A.V.A = Ava

INFORMATIONS