The Newly wed guide by Jeff and the BCD Girls

We turn dreams into reality!
Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: The Newly wed guide by Jeff and the BCD Girls

Post by Mr Franz »

WiRay wrote:Question about soap:

we want to avoid all vegetable oils like coconut. Not so easy to do. How about animal fat? That's originally what soap was made from, and I don't know if technology has really moved away from that. Any brand recommendations for liquid soap?

I read a great thread about mineral oil: we want Vaseline with one ingredient, (mineral oil, which might be listed as many different chemical names) and baby oil with 2 (mineral oil + perfume is as pure as it gets)
Animal fat has the potential of going rancid in TPE, not to mention attracting insects, so definitely not recommended. I use about a teaspoon of blue Dawn dish soap in about 2 quarts of water. Regular baby oil is fine. If you don't like the scent pure mineral oil, the kind used to condition cutting boards is also available. https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Mineral- ... B06XQ329C8

hankypanky
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by hankypanky »

I've read when putting on clothes to wash first so the color doesn't stain. Does hand or dish soap have any effect since they are often dyed red or green?

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Gooseneck helpful hints

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

At one time I hated the gooseneck mainly because of the creaking sound but I poured baby oil into it and down the sides and over the next few weeks the creaking completely stopped and hasn't come back, also the mechanism has proven reliable and sturdy which is a big plus.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

hankypanky,
There is more to it than that
Jeff
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

PeppeTpe

Post by PeppeTpe »

Great guide, Thanks a lot!

Question about baby oil though:
Mineral oil seems increasingly difficult to get a hold of, due to health issues when actually applying on babies (and not babes...). The mineral baby oil I found is a brand also containing isopropyl palmiate. That´s a kind of alcohol if I´m not wrong.... Any experience from mineral oil containing isopropyl palmiate? The ingedients text does not state the ratio, but also contains leaf extract and tocopheryl acetate ( e vitamin)

Can´t find the Johnson brand anymore where I live, bummer...

SolitudeSlain
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by SolitudeSlain »

Bought all the suggested supplies and am receiving doll today. Began preparing my 5:1 water:soap mixture when I looked at the ingredients list to make sure there wasn't any alcohol in it and discovered quite the list. It seemed like simple, ordinary, clear hand soap but these are the ingredients:

Aqua (I'm assuming that's water?)
Sodium Laureth Sulfate
Cocamidopropyl Betaine
Sodium Chloride
Propylene Glycol
Parfum
Cocamide MEA
Sodium Salicylate
Sodium Benzoate
Citric Acid
Tetrasodium EDTA
Sodium Sulfate
BHT
Polyquaternium-7
PEG-18 Glyceryl
and a few more similar to above

Should I be keeping this crazy mixture as far away from my babe as possible or are these all rather innocuous substances for TPE?

***EDIT***

I just looked at the ingredients list on a couple bottles of shower gel I had and they're almost identical so I'm guessing these are all typical contents and should prove harmless to TPE

ThatBlondeGuy
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by ThatBlondeGuy »

Holy hell, EVERY first-time buyer should read this. And yep, I'm also a newbie and I THINK I've found the doll I'm looking for. Given that this is a significant investment, I damn well better protect it. THANK you.

Nathan08004
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Nathan08004 »

I am new to dolls. I simple don't know. I'm just seeking correct information.

I have read a lot of conflicting information on this forum.

About the monthly oil soak. Why do you lay the doll down and oil up wait 2 hours 1 then flip over and do the other side ?

Why not just stand the doll up and do the entire doll all at once?

Vaseline vs mineral oil. ??? what is best to hydrate her inside vagina. rubbing a bunch of Vaseline in there or use the vagina irrigater thing to pump mineral oil in there..???

Also I simple do not understand the usage of corn starch..... Ok you wash the doll, you oil her up, you put corn starch on her. Then you have to wash the corn starch off before doing anything with her or oiling her up again???? It is not making any scene to me. Can someone explain so I can understand.

" Wash the doll 5-6 times for removing the production residues." 5-6 times???? I dont get it, why not just soak her in the tub? Use dawn dish detergent? That stuff cleans everything..

SO how many times a month do you do a full oil treatment???? I 've read you can oil your doll too much????

I am new to dolls. I simple don't know. I'm just seeking correct information.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

About the monthly oil soak....It can vary pending upon how people use their doll.
And yes, you can over oil your doll and once per month is safe.
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

There are exactly 3 important aspects with a new TPE doll.

1. Removal of production residues (release agent + residual aromatic hydrocarbons during casting)
wash the doll 5-6 times / as long as there is no chemical smell left

2. Thin mineral oil treatment
because we washed the doll several times and mineral oil also binds remaining production residues inside the TPE structure

3. Thick powdering and the doll rests for the whole night with that thick powder cover
powder works in addition to soak out remaining production residues that are now bond in the fresh mineral oil

Dpnot soak in a tub
Love,
The BCD Girls
Nyoko and Megan
Attachments
MEGAN@NIGHT.jpg
MEGAN@NIGHT.jpg (1.97 MiB) Viewed 3101 times
NYOKO@NIGHT.JPG
NYOKO@NIGHT.JPG (401.14 KiB) Viewed 3101 times
-princeoverit
-Just in time

Assterix
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Assterix »

Indeed, great thread for newbies, or 'newlyweds' :D

So if I understand correctly:

On the day of arrival
- a wash with soap/water mixture;
- then an oil rub;
- finally powder.

Next day the same.

Applying vaseline to the high stress areas can be done simultaneously with the very first oil rub? And will not be necessary the next day?

I got the vaseline, but it turns out the oil I got is wrong. The vendor recommended pure Almond oil but I understand after reading this guide that this is not good?

And after those first two days, she will be ready for the more intimate get together?

I know, lors of questions that probably have been asked and answered several times before, but I just want to make sure I will take the best care possible of her, and not screw her up.

daking
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by daking »

Really great explanation. I don't own a doll yet, but this post really gave me some great information on what kinds of commitment it would take.

dparson

Post by dparson »

Questions about the oiling process: where do you put the doll when oiling? Do you need to put a plastic tarp on a bed and then lay the doll on top of that? Or do we just need to put a towel on a bed, lay the doll down, and then apply the oil? Is it easy to control the oil so it doesn't drip all over the place? If a plastic tarp is needed, how do you manage that...do you clean excess oil off of it somehow?

Thanks so much for this guide. I'm on my 4th TPE doll and didn't know about this type of care. My last doll was 2 years old and had some tearing under the arms and inner thighs. All I did previously was wash her in the tub whenever her skin became too tacky, once every 1-2 months for my usage. I used Dawn dish soap and powdered her with J&J cornstarch baby powder. So I think this is confirmation that a lack of oiling caused her to dry out.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

dparson wrote:Questions about the oiling process: where do you put the doll when oiling? Do you need to put a plastic tarp on a bed and then lay the doll on top of that? Or do we just need to put a towel on a bed, lay the doll down, and then apply the oil? Is it easy to control the oil so it doesn't drip all over the place? If a plastic tarp is needed, how do you manage that...do you clean excess oil off of it somehow?

Thanks so much for this guide. I'm on my 4th TPE doll and didn't know about this type of care. My last doll was 2 years old and had some tearing under the arms and inner thighs. All I did previously was wash her in the tub whenever her skin became too tacky, once every 1-2 months for my usage. I used Dawn dish soap and powdered her with J&J cornstarch baby powder. So I think this is confirmation that a lack of oiling caused her to dry out.
Different people have different techniques when oiling. I prefer to stand my doll, (requires standing feet option) so I can do the front and back at the same time. Others prefer to lay the doll down and do one side than the other. Whichever way you prefer, it doesn't take a lot of oil. Just enough to wet the surface. You don't have to slather it on. Very little if any runs off. A couple large plastic trash bags is sufficient to protect whatever she's standing or laying on. You just put a small amount in the palm of your hands and rub it on. That's after she's been cleaned and thoroughly dried. Once the oil is absorbed, can take several hours, dust lightly with powder or cornstarch. Newer TPE formulas don't require oiling that often. I do mine every 3 to 4 months and treat stress areas with Vaseline in between times.

dparson

Post by dparson »

Thanks Mr Franz!

INFORMATIONS