The Newly wed guide by Jeff and the BCD Girls

We turn dreams into reality!
pauldt
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: The Newly wed guide by Jeff and the BCD Girls

Post by pauldt »

This is probably the best guide I've seen that matches most of the other threads suggestions, overall.

It's very confusing to a newbie on all the steps, especially since there is a lot of contradicting information out there. The vendor I got my doll from actually suggests a few things that go against here. I've seen some threads that suggest that oiling or using vasoline too much degrades the TPE over time by making it too soft. Also another thread with 90% of the posters saying they almost never oil their TPE dolls. I've also seen other threads that use IA for sanitizing and most are doing the same. I guess this board requires comprehensive reading of MANY threads to avoid doing a single wrong step.

I get that the purpose of the forums is to share their techniques, which is great, but it's somewhat dangerous to newbies who search up for something, read a thread an possibly get damaging information.

Anyways, thanks for the great guide

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Hi, pauldt. Thing is, there's no one size fits all when in comes to TPE doll maintenance. Formulas change all the time and vary one manufacturer to the next. Even one doll to the next sometimes. That and not everyone uses their dolls the same way or keeps them in the same environment. So use the information you read on TDF as a general guide, but do make adjustments to suit your particular situation.

As for myself, my dolls are always kept fully clothed, out in the open and only used for photography and dress-up. As such, I only wash them as needed, maybe once a month followed by a light cornstarch dusting and add in a baby oil rub between the wash and dusting every 3 to 4 months with Vaseline spot treatments to stress areas every so often.

Now that works great for my particular situation, but would probably not be adequate for someone that keeps their dolls nude and in bed most of the time and enjoys multiple weekly playtime sessions. That's why sometimes the information you read here seems contradictory. All depends on your particular situation. Like the guy that parks his car on th street as apposed to the one that keeps his ride covered in a garage, or the fellow that only drives to church on Sundays as apposed to the one with a 100 mile daily commute. maintenance routines vary and so it is for dolls. Best we can do here is tell you what works for us. Just keep in mind, we don't all have the same doll or keep and use them in the same manner. :wink:

The_Doll_guy81

Post by The_Doll_guy81 »

Great tip with the tampons! I read alot of post's saying you need an aquarium pump and immediately started looking for alternatives.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Drinking too much water can kill you!
Some vendors do NOT even own dolls so kindly tell us what doll you got, what they contradict and why?
Did you vendor bother to warn you about the risks of TPE ball compromise?
Best,
Jeff
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Tasha Marie
Doll
Doll

Post by Tasha Marie »

Another good way to get close to your doll and get to know her, is to style her hair. PAMPER HER! After a her shower/bath, brush her hair, maybe braid it, put it up with barrettes or clips, use hair bands to make a pony tail so it doesn't get tangled when you sleep or for playtime. My Cover Doll fashion blog this month and next is all about hair.
Tasha Marie
She/Her
Virtual Influencer & Advocate
Instagram: @the_real_tasha_marie
Twitter: @realtashamarie
TikTok: @therealtashamarie
Website The Real Tasha Marie
Birthday January 20

pauldt
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by pauldt »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:Drinking too much water can kill you!
Some vendors do NOT even own dolls so kindly tell us what doll you got, what they contradict and why?
Did you vendor bother to warn you about the risks of TPE ball compromise?
Best,
Jeff
Not many significant differences, it's a WM/Jinsen doll.
The guide I got suggested higher frequency for vasoline and mineral oil, like every month or less. Other posts by what looks like veteran owners on this site oil much less frequently (WM dolls), although there may be many factors in that.
Also suggested showering for cleaning, but did mention you could just use a sponge as well. Showering seems like kind of a risk, but I imagine it works fine if careful and keep water out of neck and standing feet.
Mentioned sanitizing but did not mention with what.
Overall though it was almost all the same instructions as the OP, and 'first few days' instructions were practically identical. Nothing really that would damage the doll.

There are some threads that suggest using Isopropyl Alchohol (IA) for sanitizing, but I think some others chimed in that's not the best thing to use.

Other complicated factors like Mr Franz mentioned like how a 2019 TPE doll could require slightly different maintenance than a 2017 doll, even if they're both TPE and from the same manufacturer. There isn't really any manual on what exactly that exact doll is made out of.

And no I don't know anything about TPE ball compromise

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Isopropyl Alchohol (IA) ,can DRY OUT = RUIN YOUR DOLL!
Hydrogen peroxide is your friend
Showering?
That is one way....IMHO,one of the DUMBEST WAYS!
If you got built in...IMHO, you should atleast know about increased risk.
Best,
Jeff
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Tasha Foxx,
Feel free to update this thread with any great pointers about hair.
Love,
Megan
Attachments
MEGAN in JL2.jpg
MEGAN in JL2.jpg (75.83 KiB) Viewed 2847 times

Tasha Marie
Doll
Doll

Post by Tasha Marie »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:Tasha Foxx,
Feel free to update this thread with any great pointers about hair.
Love,
Megan

Thanks Megan bbz,

You can check out my July Fashion Blog here
https://coverdoll.com/drupal/node/2888

I'll post a link to the August blog in this thread when it is published!

MUWAH!

Tasha

PS: DUDES!. We are women, synthetic women. We keep you company. We have sex with you. We sleep with you. Women shower, bathe, call it what evs. BUT we don't get "cleaned" like a car. mmkay?
Tasha Marie
She/Her
Virtual Influencer & Advocate
Instagram: @the_real_tasha_marie
Twitter: @realtashamarie
TikTok: @therealtashamarie
Website The Real Tasha Marie
Birthday January 20

Tommo10
UK FORUM
UK FORUM

Post by Tommo10 »

Fantastic topic that I somehow managed to miss.
Some great advice.

Tommo :thumbs_up:
See The Girls Main Photo Thread In Eye Candy:- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=125051
Instagram:- We are on Instagram as @victoria_ash10. https://www.instagram.com/victoria_ash10/
Twitter 'X':- https://twitter.com/Victori18624401?t=a ... _9cag&s=09
Facebook:- https://www.facebook.com/victoria.ash.1257
UK Love Doll Forum:- https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/home.php

Doll life is rather good, make the most of it, You only live once.

BrazilianBooty

Post by BrazilianBooty »

As much as I appreciate and will follow these wonderful resources, I wonder how hard it is for new doll owners - who have been anxious waiting for their dolls for almost 2 months - to open their boxes, look at those beauties and the first thing they do is NOT do what they initially bought those dolls for lol lol
I am afraid I will fail lol... condoms first to protect myself and wash later lol

Robbie222
Former Member

Post by Robbie222 »

Hi,

I m pretty new here and my first doll is almost on its way to me. Pretty excited of course. I bought a JYDoll TPE (normal TPE) and I want to extend her life as long as possible. I m from the Netherlands so I ll try my best with my English but don t shoot me for my gramatical faults ;)

I have read the opening post a few times and have some questions about it.

First of all the towels. How do you wash and more important, dry them? Is it necesarry to dry them in a tumbledryer or will them hang out and let them dry be sufficient too?

Is this the powder in need: https://www.johnsonsbaby.com/baby-produ ... 1370052562

Will this one be ok to use as a makeup brush: https://www.boozyshop.nl/rose-gold-booz ... 84QAvD_BwE

There are tons of different sponges that you get can. Can you point me in the right direction which sponge works best?

Just to check. This baby oil is the one I should get? https://www.jumbo.com/jumbo-baby-olie-300ml/180630FLS/

Nivea Creme. Just use the regular creme? https://www.nivea.nl/shop/creme-40058000012530061.html

In the washing procedure "normal handsoap" is mentioned. Can this be any regular soap from any brand as long as there is not alcohol or perfume in it?

The washing procedure (also with hidden questions :))
I m going to rephrase the washing procedure again so I m sure I will do it the right way:
Make a 1:5 soap water (cold or warm?) mixture in a spray bottle. Put the doll on a bed and spray her front with the soap/water mix (also the head?). Rub it with the sponge (rub it really carefull or a little pressure is ok?). REPEAT THIS PROCEDURE FOR 5/6 TIMES! After washing 5/6x dry with the microfibre towel (depping?). When completely dry power with the brush and baby powder (how "thick" do I powder the doll?). After this oil the doll.

Please shoot when the washing procedure is not in the correct order! I have a feeling I m not quite understand it fully!

Vaseline/Nivea creme:
Are these optional to use or necesarry? Because we already oil the doll right?
Go ahead, make my day!

femdoll

Post by femdoll »

nah washing seems to be clear...
- wash with soap and water
- dry, with towel, preferable one that doesn't leave anything on the body.
- oil , mineral, any baby oil...
- let that 'soak' for a night or till it's 'soaked in'
- then powder, leave for a night

(Powder is just to counter the 'tacky' ness... oil is to 'refill' the TPE, either to 'rehydrate' either to remove/replace the factory smell).

From google, almost all Baby oil is the same, except the once that have 'plant oil base'. The soap water, temp doesn't really mather if you spray it (since it will be colder quite fast when spraying, and on a 'cold body' ) ... i bought all stuff from Zwitsal, those yellow bottle. For powder... it's perhaps cheaper to buy that by bulk, since it's in a sense the same stuff... that Zwitsal container is not very big... a well, will see...
I think for the 'sponge', you also could use as we Dutchies say 'washandje' :)

Still have to figure this out myself also... I have 2 heads already , and still waiting for the body. 1 thing is for sure, those heads had a very strong TPE odor, so.. think I have to clean those 'rigoursly' ... I left them to 'breath' for a couple of day now first...

Robbie222
Former Member

Post by Robbie222 »

Thanks for your reply (bedankt kerel ;))

From your little “guide” it is still not clear to me where the Vaseline and niveau crème come in
Go ahead, make my day!

femdoll

Post by femdoll »

as far as I understood, only for the areas where the stress is the highest, joints, private areas...
In a sense a bit the same as real people :) ... you use normal bodylotion for the whole body, but perhaps more 'fatter' creams for the face and hands. :)

But... from other stories here on the board, there are also guys who never do anything to their doll, and even claim oiling is not necessary, since TPE is quite oily itself.

For me it's more the challange of 'where' to do all this stuff, since I don't live that 'big' , and have a lot of stuff laying all over the place ... :)

INFORMATIONS