My little corner of the forum

We turn dreams into reality!
lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: My little corner of the forum

Post by lilbitlonely »

Weather's getting cooler. Favorite time of year. Almost sweater season.

Seems the more casual/natural I dress her, the more at home I feel with her. Best companion ever.

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

She looks so natural and pretty dressed like that. It really suits her. :)

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

Hi lbl,

you do have this clever knack of making Jen look so natural and casual. Maybe that's because she is. :D

She does though ......in whatever she decides to wear that day. The jacket and shirt combo look really nice.

Lovely to see her again. It's a wonder you get anything done round there. :D

:glou:
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

Metricnut
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Metricnut »

Hi LBL,

I have a picture of Jen to share from the doll meet.
She always looks so happy. Like she is happy to see you. She's truly beautiful.
Jen.JPG
Jen.JPG (5.11 MiB) Viewed 1888 times
Metricnut
Nicole, SM138 D.....Angie, YL 141 D.....Katie, SM 136 A.....Avril, SM 156 A.....Sasha, SM 146 D.....Molly, SM 136 F
" She can't talk, but she has a way of talking me into it..."

GooseLooney
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GooseLooney »

Lilbitlonely, Jen is such a beautiful doll. I just looked at each page of your "little corner of the forum." I think it is wonderful that you dress her up in very simple clothes, and every once in a while she becomes Superwoman. I also like your reference to the J. Geils Band. That was one of my favorite songs when I was a kid. Jen is an 80's gal, huh?

Goose
My sleeping beauties, Annie and Judith
Annie came home on April 12, 2018. Her blog: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=102005
Judith came home on Nov 27, 2019. Her blog: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=123357
It is incredible how much they do without doing anything.
My beautiful Annie now has her very own account on TDF! :) viewtopic.php?t=146179

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

Broven wrote:She looks so natural and pretty dressed like that. It really suits her. :)
Thanks Broven. Yep... just the average girl-next-door type, who brightens my day every time I see her.
Mondoon wrote:you do have this clever knack of making Jen look so natural and casual. Maybe that's because she is.
Thanks, and yes, all of the credit goes to Jen.
What can I say? I like her style, but I'm just the guy who's lucky enough to be with her.
Metricnut wrote:I have a picture of Jen to share from the doll meet.
Thank you for sharing that photo - that's a really nice shot.
I agree: She has just the perfect little hint of a smile. Nothing extreme. Nothing fake. Just quietly pleased.
GooseLooney wrote:Lilbitlonely, Jen is such a beautiful doll. I just looked at each page of your "little corner of the forum." I think it is wonderful that you dress her up in very simple clothes, and every once in a while she becomes Superwoman. I also like your reference to the J. Geils Band. That was one of my favorite songs when I was a kid. Jen is an 80's gal, huh?
Hi GooseLooney, and thank you. I brought Jen home mainly for the companionship, so she dresses for the part - Well, most of the time... She does like to catch me off guard by sporting a new costume every now and then. Says it keeps things fun. Yeah, she's still got a bit of the 80's in her.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Great photo LBL, I agree with everyone else, she's very pretty in a natural looking way. Great outfits will do that for dolls. :thumbs_up:

Metricnut wrote:Hi LBL,

I have a picture of Jen to share from the doll meet.
Metricnut
Metricnut, that's a fantastic photo!

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

Seattle Slew wrote:Great photo LBL, I agree with everyone else, she's very pretty in a natural looking way. Great outfits will do that for dolls.
... and great dolls will do that for outfits. :glou:

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

The new doll: SM156A - Love it!

A new (old) camera: Nikon D2100. Standard 18-55mm lens. It's nothing like my other camera... so please forgive the regression of any photographic skills that I may have accidentally acquired previously. Seems I need to figure things out all over again.
Anyhoo... Here's a few shots of the new girl, taken with the new (old) camera, which I still don't know how to use.

And Yes... In the first picture, I Photo-shopped Jennifer into the lenses of the sunglasses. (shortly after coming to the realization that this newer camera actually had enough resolution to display my reflection in them.) I asked Jennifer to take the rest of the photos in this set, while I hid in the hallway, out of sight.

I also have a question for those who would know better than me. This camera is on loan to me from a friend, as a try-before-you-buy option. It is in excellent condition, with only 1100 shutter actuations registered. It comes with a carrying case, two batteries, and a charger. Would you consider this to be a worthy camera, or is it something that I might outgrow quickly? (i.e. any known problems/limitations that I should be aware of?) And If it is a decent camera, what do you think would be a fair price to offer for it?

I hope that's not too broad a question to pose.

Anyway... Thanks for taking the time to read and/or respond to this... and even for just stopping by.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Metricnut
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Metricnut »

Lovin the "new girl" photos! She looks great. The wig is a good fit to complete her look.

Looking forward to seeing more of her. Let us know when she tells you her name.

Metricnut
Nicole, SM138 D.....Angie, YL 141 D.....Katie, SM 136 A.....Avril, SM 156 A.....Sasha, SM 146 D.....Molly, SM 136 F
" She can't talk, but she has a way of talking me into it..."

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

lilbitlonely wrote:.. so please forgive the regression of any photographic skills that I may have accidentally acquired previously. Seems I need to figure things out all over again.
OK folks, walk on....no regression to see here. :lol: Lovely shots LBL, too self critical but it's only natural I think. I'm the same.
Congratulations on your very sporty looking new arrival. God I wish I had the energy for a sporty one. :lol:
I hope this won't mean that we see any less of Jen. I do have a soft spot for her. :D
I was going to try to help with the Nikon D2100 question but I tried Googling it and I couldn't find one at all, not even used. I could only find a D3100.
The photographs are certainly nice enough and that's a useful sized lens too but check out the prices of other used Nikons before making any kind of offer.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

:xnoel:
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Great looking girl you get there LBL! Can't wait to see more.

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

@Mondoon
Haha. I'm not sure if I have the energy to keep up with this one either, but when I saw her, I just had to have her.
And no worries... Jen is here to stay. She's my #1 girl, and always will be.
I had the same issue - couldn't find the D2100 listed anywhere, but as it turns out, this camera is actually the D3100 - I'm just blind as a bat. (Now where did I put those glasses?)

@Maviarab
Thank you. I hope to take some photos of her either tonight, or tomorrow, so I should have more to post soon.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Congrats LBL, I agree with M, she's really sporty. I hope you're having a pleasant holidays so far. :noel2:

INFORMATIONS