My little corner of the forum

We turn dreams into reality!
DollDaddy27
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: My little corner of the forum

Post by DollDaddy27 »

lilbitlonely wrote:I love it when she looks at me like she knows me...

... and tells me that I have nothing to worry about, without even saying a word.
This photo is so life-like I had to keep staring to see the doll in there. I'm still staring!!!!
Awesome photo!

-DD27

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

Thanks DD27. That happens to be one of my all-time favorites (out of my own photos).

Here's a grey-scale I've been hoarding that has a similar effect on me. I love coming home to this...

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

At the end of the day, I'd say just keep taking the photos that you want to take, because when you enjoy what you're doing, you put more effort into getting every little detail 'just right', and it shows.
lilbitlonely,
Thank you for doing what you do.
Jeff and the Takara, the DS BCD Girl
Attachments
100_6417.jpg
100_6417.jpg (53.59 KiB) Viewed 1487 times

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

Jeff, I can honestly say the same to you. Your magic extends well beyond performing rope tricks, and there are many here who can (and will) attest to that.

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

I started playing with these in another thread (https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=110655) but decided to just post them here, so they're easier for me to keep track of.

The way to look at these is to relax your eyes (so that you see double) and when the 2 pictures line up with each other, the result looks like it's 3-dimensional.

I love what this effect does for her hair in the first image (above, at full size), but I think the second (below) has much more depth.

Happy Friday everyone!

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

I can ALMOST get it to work. My eyes are far too serious to relax, I guess. lol

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

Hey lilbitlonely - how far do you think the cameras should be from each other when snapping the picts?
I'll try it at my next outing with Reetzia/Nadia

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

@ Broven
Tell your eyes to have a few drinks and then try it again. lol.

@MannyCan
The reason we can judge depth is because our eyes are observing each object from 2 different angles at the same time. My eyes/pupils are about 2.5 inches (6.5cm) apart, so that is about how far I try to move the camera sideways between shots. It doesn't have to be exact for the effect to work, but I wouldn't separate the shots by more than about 2.5 inches, or it might be hard (for people) to make the effect work - things might not line up well.

Also, you can either just slide the camera sideways before taking the second shot, or you can slide it to the side and then re-center your subject in the lens. (It seems to work both ways.) I haven't figured out the all-around best case scenario/setup yet... still just playing.

I seem to get the most dramatic effect when there are multiple objects in the scene (at different depths/distances from camera) with something also spanning the distance between them - in this case (above) the edges of the plastic tote that Chrissy is sitting on work fairly well to enhance the visual effect.

Just play around with it. It's easy enough to do. And if the images won't overlap properly when you put them next to each other, you might need to swap which side the images are on. (left/right - in relation to each other.)

I hope that helps.

Edit:
The first image set (black+red checkered shirt) was taken with a 70mm lens from about 6 feet (2 meters) away. The second image set (3 girls) was taken with a 24mm lens from about 3 feet (1 meter) away from Chrissy's face.

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

LBL - That's really cool. I just let myself go cross-eyed and it worked right away. Pretty neat. Looking forward to a shot of Thing 2 with this effect!

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Be careful, they might get stuck that way. :silly:

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

Slew wrote:Be careful, they might get stuck that way. :silly:
A professional hazard, friend. As a senior fellow for the ICSL I am duty bound to stay abreast of new developments as regards doll connoisseurship! 8)

harvey48
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by harvey48 »

lilbitlonely wrote:Thanks guys. There isn't much that can phase Chrissy, so to see her looking like a fish-out-of-water really was a 'Kodak moment' (even though the picture was taken with a Nikon).
Broven wrote:Last year I had to photoshop a tree into our "Christmas Picture".
Lol. What is it about Christmas pictures? I actually had to Photoshop Chrissy's makeup into our Xmas photo (eyebrows, eyelashes, lipstick). I didn't even notice that it had all faded until after I looked at the photo! 8O (but I'm guessing I got away with it? lol.)

I had planned to leave a comment on your Charlie Brown Christmas tree photo (loved it!), but my response required a photo which I haven't successfully put together yet - your post was actually the perfect opportunity to do it too, but it just didn't come together. (Sorry about that.) Maybe I can still squeeze it in before the new year? We'll see.
LaDollyVita wrote: Wait. You have THREE dolls!?
Yes, I introduced Chrissy on the first page of this thread... but I actually have four now. (just haven't found clothes for the DS Mini.)

Your lifeguard is HOT

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Oh I know someone who could use the brat shirt...and wear it with pride...
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

Here are a few more for your cross-eyed enjoyment, made from pictures that I had taken previously, just because I think they're fun.
The effect gets stronger as you scroll down.

Weather's cold; hope you're staying warm.

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

Man, I just CANNOT get this to work... But I can still see the pictures... and there is something really comforting about staring at Jen for a little while... :)

Thank you, LBL :)

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

INFORMATIONS