My little corner of the forum

We turn dreams into reality!
Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: My little corner of the forum

Post by Mondoon »

lilbitlonely wrote: So, um... Yeah, I imagine things should work a little better now. :whistle: (Sheepishly exits - Stage left.)
Excellent news lbl. Glad that on'e sorted. Right...now...focal length. In the days of 35mm film, before digital sensors, a standard lens was a 50mm and a portrait lens about 75mm. The sensor in your camera is less than full size and it gets very technical so I won't even go there. Anyway it effects the focal length of the lens so to achieve the equivalent of a 50mm lens on a full frame sensor camera, you, yes you, will have to use a 35mm lens and for portrait work, which is 75-80mm on a full frame sensor, a 50mm is the equivalent.
So exactly as Endless War suggested these are two very useful fixed focal length lens sizes and should cover most situations for photographing your lovely girls. Tripod.....vital piece of kit. Good idea to buy used because it needs to be sturdy, Manfrotto and such like.
Again, I hope I haven't confused you any. :D

Happy holidays to you and yours.

:noel5: :xnoel: :xmas:
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

lilbitlonely wrote:[...] That was a very generous comment. It's nice to hear when others can enjoy my little corner of the forum. [...] The things you said, I've said (to myself) about others here (Broven's Anna Marie, and DollDaddy27's Kianna Kahn, come to mind almost immediately... and there are others) but I never imagined anyone would say so so expressively about Jen.
I'm a fan of Anna Marie and Kianna too. To be completely honest though, I see the photography as a means to an end. I do appreciate artistically done photos(!), but it's your inspiration that makes them compelling. You can tell when a muse has moved her partner on a deeper level because the "assets" take a back seat in her photographer's best work. Take Kianna, for example: DD has taken some very nice erotic photos of Kianna, but his best work IMHO is when he captures Kianna as she is, and not as people want to see her. You have done this wonderfully with Jen! Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Anna Marie, as she was rightfully brought up. If you take just the right amount of attitude and mix it with a natural sense of humor, you are guaranteed to get more than you bargained for. She gives as much as she gets, but that girl gives off good vibes! If there is an arc to this 'story', it is each of the dolls that truly move us are more than the sum of their parts. My critics call me a softy and say I see things that don't exist. I prefer to think I'm one of the few that sees things as they really are. 8)

Merry Christmas! :xmas:

- LDV

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

lilbitlonely wrote:I love it when Jen looks like she has a genuine spark of life - I just try to capture that on film, but the credit really does belong to her. I mean... without Jen, all I have is a wall. lol.
That made me laugh :D I'll bet you could do pretty interesting shots of a wall too, if you set your mind to it. :)

I feel like I have to say thank you for the mentions of Anna Marie. I mean, you expect to hear nice things in your own thread (not that I don't love hearing it there- I DO!) but to get mentioned in a thread full of images that I truly admire... It touched me. (I hope that wasn't high-jack-y in any way...)

Merry Christmas to you all. :) Give Jen a hug from me ;)

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

... but you see, I've been trying to take some interesting shots of my wall... Jen just keeps getting in the way! (*Ow! Hey... I was just kidding! Sheesh!)

Broven... wait... Are you kidding? Anna Marie was the first doll on the forum to ever strike me as being alive, or having a soul, so to speak. From the moment you started posting pictures of her, I was hooked. (Completely... hook, line, and sinker!)

Even at the doll meet... Anna Marie added a real presence to the room. I'd swear you've breathed life into that girl. (And I don't care who takes the pictures!)

So... if any thanks are due in this thread, some of it belongs to you, for sharing Anna Marie with the rest of us. She's been a real inspiration for me. (Who knew she'd turn out to be such a character? Lol. I just hope she doesn't corrupt Jen!) So thank You!

Oh hell... I think I've just de-railed my own thread now. (Ah well... it was totally worth it.)

Merry Christmas!

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

@ Mondoon
Completely understood. Thank you.
My customer dropped by with a Tamron AF 70-300mm lens (I need AFS-G?) but he forgot all about the 50mm. The Tamron is compatible, except for all the automatic gizmos. (must focus manually, etc.) My camera friend says he expects to have an extra Nikon D90(?) soon, which he plans to send my way - says the Tamron lens might work with it (including gizmos). We'll see.

Meanwhile... I need to take some more pictures!

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

The girls actually brought a little bit of Christmas spirit into my home this year. (for the first time in 10+ years.) Still no tree, but it's a start.

Like me, Chrissy wasn't expecting to be in any Christmas photos. She was actually just getting herself ready to curl up next to me for some personal holiday snuggling when the other girls kidnapped her for a Xmas photo. She argued that she wasn't dressed for the holidays... she was dressed for me(!), but they wouldn't take 'No' for an answer - They even held her in her seat so she couldn't get away while they had me snap a quick photo. (I'm just glad they don't know about the camera's auto-timer, or they might try dragging me into photos too!)

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

lilbitlonely wrote:I'm just glad they don't know about the camera's auto-timer..
CUTE! CUTE? Yes cute. :)

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

I love the look on Chrissy's face! lol Perfect! :D

I know what you mean about Christmas decorating and all that. Last year I had to photoshop a tree into our "Christmas Picture". They made me get an actual (sort of) tree this year though. :P

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

lilbitlonely wrote:Like me, Chrissy wasn't expecting to be in any Christmas photos.
Wait. You have THREE dolls!? :drinking:

You sir, just took my favorite Christmas photo of 2018. This is heart-warming and humorous all wrapped in one (something our friends Broven and Anna Marie are good at too). I chuckled when I saw this and it got Ayumi to look-up from her book and ask me what was so funny. Bravo and well done!

Do us a favor and don't let standout photos make you second guess whatever you snap next! Keep 'em coming. 8)
Broven wrote:I know what you mean about Christmas decorating and all that. Last year I had to photoshop a tree into our "Christmas Picture". They made me get an actual (sort of) tree this year though.
Good grief! Lol

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

I have to agree with Broven, that's quite a look you're getting from Chrissy. :lol:

Ace shot. :thumbs_up:
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

Thanks guys. There isn't much that can phase Chrissy, so to see her looking like a fish-out-of-water really was a 'Kodak moment' (even though the picture was taken with a Nikon).
Broven wrote:Last year I had to photoshop a tree into our "Christmas Picture".
Lol. What is it about Christmas pictures? I actually had to Photoshop Chrissy's makeup into our Xmas photo (eyebrows, eyelashes, lipstick). I didn't even notice that it had all faded until after I looked at the photo! 8O (but I'm guessing I got away with it? lol.)

I had planned to leave a comment on your Charlie Brown Christmas tree photo (loved it!), but my response required a photo which I haven't successfully put together yet - your post was actually the perfect opportunity to do it too, but it just didn't come together. (Sorry about that.) Maybe I can still squeeze it in before the new year? We'll see.
LaDollyVita wrote: Wait. You have THREE dolls!?
Yes, I introduced Chrissy on the first page of this thread... but I actually have four now. (just haven't found clothes for the DS Mini.)

DollDaddy27
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DollDaddy27 »

LaDollyVita wrote:
lilbitlonely wrote:[...] That was a very generous comment. It's nice to hear when others can enjoy my little corner of the forum. [...] The things you said, I've said (to myself) about others here (Broven's Anna Marie, and DollDaddy27's Kianna Kahn, come to mind almost immediately... and there are others) but I never imagined anyone would say so so expressively about Jen.
I'm a fan of Anna Marie and Kianna too. To be completely honest though, I see the photography as a means to an end. I do appreciate artistically done photos(!), but it's your inspiration that makes them compelling. You can tell when a muse has moved her partner on a deeper level because the "assets" take a back seat in her photographer's best work. Take Kianna, for example: DD has taken some very nice erotic photos of Kianna, but his best work IMHO is when he captures Kianna as she is, and not as people want to see her. You have done this wonderfully with Jen! Also, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Anna Marie, as she was rightfully brought up. If you take just the right amount of attitude and mix it with a natural sense of humor, you are guaranteed to get more than you bargained for. She gives as much as she gets, but that girl gives off good vibes! If there is an arc to this 'story', it is each of the dolls that truly move us are more than the sum of their parts. My critics call me a softy and say I see things that don't exist. I prefer to think I'm one of the few that sees things as they really are. 8)

Merry Christmas! :xmas:

- LDV
Finally caught up with your thread Lilbit! Your ladies are sexy and awesome as always!

ADDITIONALLY!!! I haven't felt so honored in years. I can't thank you both enough for such a great review of Kianna. To be mentioned out of the thousands of dolls on TDF, it humbles me to think Kianna & I have made a positive impact on viewers. Thank You both so much.

-DD27

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

I think a number of us have just recently realized that we're not quite as invisible here as we tend to think. We post our pictures 'in the blind', and more often than not, have no idea who, or how many people we may touch. (Ok, that sounded just a lilbit wrong. :twisted: ) Many members lurk here for years without ever saying a word, so you never know who might be appreciating your work.

At the end of the day, I'd say just keep taking the photos that you want to take, because when you enjoy what you're doing, you put more effort into getting every little detail 'just right', and it shows.

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

lilbitlonely wrote:
LaDollyVita wrote: Wait. You have THREE dolls!?
Yes, I introduced Chrissy on the first page of this thread... but I actually have four now. (just haven't found clothes for the DS Mini.)
Indeed you did! And I read each word of those posts, enjoyed the pictures, and then... well, I guess my mind got overloaded with all my catch-up posting lately.

Also, and I apologize for the bias, I got particularly focused on Jen, who is off the charts beautiful in that white dress btw! 8O

And come to find out you have a DS Mini as well! Looking forward to seeing where 2019 takes your photography!

:glou:

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

LaDollyVita wrote:... I apologize for the bias, I got particularly focused on Jen, who is off the charts beautiful in that white dress btw!
Can't say I blame you, as I share your bias, and I agree, Jen looked really good in that dress.
LaDollyVita wrote:Looking forward to seeing where 2019 takes your photography!
Well then, that makes at least two of us. lol. After seeing other's improvements over the past year, I hold onto some hope.

INFORMATIONS