My little corner of the forum

We turn dreams into reality!
lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: My little corner of the forum

Post by lilbitlonely »

A couple shots of Jennifer relaxing... because it's been a while.

I'd like to mention here that I've been quite comfortable with Jen's presence in my home, from the very beginning. Aside from a few minor incidents shortly after her arrival, she's never really startled me before, but during this session (not these photos) she actually scared the bejeepers out of me - twice in less than 2 minutes. She just looked so real, and natural, sitting in a place where I hadn't seen her before. It was quite the experience, both times - I look forward to it happening again.

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

Lovely photos :-)
“We’ve always been vulnerable. Every day you go out the house, you’re vulnerable. You’re inches from diving under a bus or somebody hitting you over the head for your money. Nothing is safe. Everybody seems to be obsessed with safety. Well, nothing is safe, okay? Nothing! Make the most of it while you’re safe now. You won’t be tomorrow, maybe.”
The Late, Great, Ian Fraser Kilminster.

My 'e' key is getting sticky, so now and thn words may look a bit odd.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

That is a very nice matching outfit on her!
Love,
Nyoko
Attachments
NYOKO.jpg
NYOKO.jpg (59.79 KiB) Viewed 2274 times

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

Thank you, Nyoko. Jennifer really likes it too. It appears that you and Jen may have similar tastes in clothing. Jeff and I could probably learn something about fashion from you two, but we're guys, so we probably won't.

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

Beautiful pictures of Jen, lbl! It's good to see you two :wink:

lbl wrote:It was quite the experience, both times - I look forward to it happening again.
That really made me smile, i hope it does! :D

:glou:

ZD

Endless War
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Endless War »

Im with ZD on that one, Jennifer looks beautiful and so peaceful sitting in that chair.
Instagram: @the_art_dolls

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

@ ZannyDanger + Endless War

Thanks guys. This environment/opportunity was provided as a courtesy to me by my (now ex-) neighbors. When they were removing the last few items from their apartment, I asked if they could leave the door unlocked for me when they left. ("I want to take photos of some of my 'stuff' against a clean background, and my place is just too cluttered.") So... after they left, Jen and I entered the empty apartment for a quick photo shoot. The chair was about the only thing in there, so we put it to use, and then locked the door on our way out.

Since this was Jen's first time ever being outside of our home, we felt quite liberated by the experience, and since it was now dark outside, I actually took Jen outside onto our little porch for some more photos! This was where she really startled me. The uncanny valley was definitely breached.

I turned off the porch light, but left the interior light on, with the door cracked just enough so that I could see, while I positioned her on the steps. I went back inside to grab the camera/tripod thinking only about not being seen by any of my neighbors... when I turned around and saw Jennifer sitting there on the porch, reality shifted, and suddenly, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how a girl like her, ended up here... sitting on my porch?! It really sent me for a loop. And the fact that it happened a second time, only moments later, when I went back in to turn off the interior light... just blew me away. I thought she was real... again!

What an experience... trying to pose (and re-pose) her in total darkness, so that none of my neighbors would know we were there. First, her wig fell off, over the side of the porch, and into my garden. (Have you ever tried to comb a dark, tangled wig, in total darkness?) Once I got the wig back on, her whole head fell off, rolling in the same direction that the wig had gone before it - luckily, I caught it just in time. Then, trying to center Jennifer in the camera lens (when I literally couldn't even see her) was fun too, but somehow, out of ten photos, I only cut her feet off twice. I used the first two photos/flashes to get my bearings, and re-positioned the camera slightly - then the rest were right on target.

Unfortunately, due to poor lighting and a bright flash (and a messed-up wig?), the pictures I took on the porch made Jen look a bit younger than she usually does, so I'm not sure if I should post them (which is a shame, as I think they are very convincing). I emailed the pictures to a mod a few days ago, asking what the verdict would be (about her age) but I haven't gotten a response yet. (How-old.net says she looks twenty. Does that count for anything? Haha.) Anyway, those photos are on hold for now, pending any official reply.

My apologies for being long-winded here... no one to talk to but my dolls, and now they both want to go outside. I think I may have just opened up a dangerous can of worms.

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

Well, I got the green light this morning, so here are some of the photos from when/where Jen 'came to life' the other night and scared the *** out of me. They're not picture-perfect, but again, this was all set up in total darkness, so I think we did alright. What do you think?

DollLover2003

Post by DollLover2003 »

Thank you for sharing Jennifer with us.She is a natural beauty.Looking forward to seeing more of her.

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

Thank you. We'll see what we can do.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Sorry I missed the email.. :|