Ask the docs.

We turn dreams into reality!
grimreefer24601

Re: Ask the docs.

Post by grimreefer24601 »

Acetone will remove the superglue. I've used it on my TPE girls. I haven't tested it on silicone, but I will. It likely will remove the paint. It's nail polish remover after all.

Platinum Silicone in Acetone. Let's see what happens.
20190203_170409.jpg
20190203_170409.jpg (519.37 KiB) Viewed 3220 times

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

Acetone is fine for silicone. It will take off the polish though.
To attach new nails use sil poxy instead of traditional glue.
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

Frost
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Frost »

gonestill77 wrote:Acetone is fine for silicone. It will take off the polish though.
1) why silpoxy? That stuff isn't cheap. Well not the kind I was told to buy for repairs.

2) What can I, or should I use to remove waterproof eyeliner from silicone? I read home remedies like baby oil and others, but idk.

3) Is it normal for the tpe or silicone material around the standing feet screws to begin shredding? It would appear my new Sanhui doll already has chunks missing around some of the adjustable screws. Not to mention most of the other ones, you have to break the silicone off of the screw to beable to even adjust it.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Frost wrote:
gonestill77 wrote:Acetone is fine for silicone. It will take off the polish though.
1) why silpoxy? That stuff isn't cheap. Well not the kind I was told to buy for repairs.

You can use rtv 4500 food grade silicone to attach the nail properly
2) What can I, or should I use to remove waterproof eyeliner from silicone? I read home remedies like baby oil and others, but idk.

Use waterbased on lube on silicone, use a microfiber cloth, wetnap or soft shammie

3) Is it normal for the tpe or silicone material around the standing feet screws to begin shredding? It would appear my new Sanhui doll already has chunks missing around some of the adjustable screws. Not to mention most of the other ones, you have to break the silicone off of the screw to beable to even adjust it.
For this you can patch it with rtv silicone 4500. Clean the area with acetone before you apply the silicone for great adhesion.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

grimreefer24601 wrote:Acetone will remove the superglue. I've used it on my TPE girls. I haven't tested it on silicone, but I will. It likely will remove the paint. It's nail polish remover after all.

Platinum Silicone in Acetone. Let's see what happens.
20190203_170409.jpg
It won't be affected by acetone. Platinum silicone can withstand temps of 500 ° Fahrenheit.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Frost
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Frost »

samara78 wrote: For this you can patch it with rtv silicone 4500. Clean the area with acetone before you apply the silicone for great adhesion.
How would you go about removing the dried silpoxy & nails later on?

I also asked two other questions in my previous post, if anyone can answer those as well.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Acetone is fine on silicone but NOT on TPE! Acetone can be used to clean cuts/tears before repair on silicone as it removes any surface oils. Whether it will remove the fake nails paint is another matter! It depends on make and paint really! Be prepared to get a new set! Nail polish remover has acetone or similar in it but it also has other stuff so may not work as well anyway. Use a small paint brush to work the acetone under the nail and let it soak for a while. Don’t force any removal as the nail could tear the silicone underneath - just keep working the acetone in if there’s any resistance. What I would say is that what you’ve used is far too strong a glue for what’s needed for dolls! Just use a cheap nail glue and very small blobs!

As for the standing feet, I’m afraid this is common that the material around the screw holes becomes torn and a bit messy! This is the same for TPE and silicone ladies. The damage is usually done while repositioning her feet to get the right position to stand properly. Try not to slide her feet about while doing that!

Waterproof eyeliner can just about be removed with babyoil but don’t use a lot on silicone and wash it off afterwards. Wet wipes sometimes work too. You’ll probably need a lot of cotton wool or tissues and be careful not to work away from the eye or you may smudge colour away from the eye!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

Frost
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Frost »

hollows+fentiman wrote:Use a small paint brush to work the acetone under the nail and let it soak for a while..
Can I just soak the finger tips in it for a few minutes?

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

You probably can but be careful if the colour runs from the nail colour itself or it may colour the ends of the fingers! All you really want to do is soften the glue not melt it away!
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

maddmatter70
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by maddmatter70 »

Frost did you say your new doll is tearing at the foot pegs?!?!?

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

samara78 wrote:
Frost wrote:

You can use rtv 4500 food grade silicone to attach the nail properly

Use waterbased lube on silicone, use a microfiber cloth, wetnap or soft shammie or a qtip

For this you can patch it with rtv silicone 4500. Clean the area with acetone before you apply the silicone for great adhesion.
She did answer your other questions. They were just hard to see. :thumbs_up:
They are highlighted above.....

:glou:
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

Frost wrote:
samara78 wrote: For this you can patch it with rtv silicone 4500. Clean the area with acetone before you apply the silicone for great adhesion.
How would you go about removing the dried silpoxy & nails later on?

I also asked two other questions in my previous post, if anyone can answer those as well.
Once you attach fake nails with silicone, its a done deal. To remove could cause damage.
You could still repaint the nails after using non acetone polish remover, but no attempt should be made to remove the nails once they are on and set.

:glou:
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145

Frost
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Frost »

maddmatter70 wrote:Frost did you say your new doll is tearing at the foot pegs?!?!?
The silicone around the foot screws was getting chewed. i patched the holes last night with silpoxy.

Gonestill: i dont want them to be permanent so i need another glue solution.

maddmatter70
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by maddmatter70 »

Frost wrote:
maddmatter70 wrote:Frost did you say your new doll is tearing at the foot pegs?!?!?
The silicone around the foot screws was getting chewed. i patched the holes last night with silpoxy.

Gonestill: i dont want them to be permanent so i need another glue solution.
Well I reckon I made the right choice by holding off then. Thanks for the info! Sorry about your dolls feet though.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

You could try ge2 clear silicone adhesive
Love,
Gracie
Attachments
IMG_3602.JPG
IMG_3602.JPG (101.66 KiB) Viewed 3126 times

INFORMATIONS