How would you tell a newbie to store a doll standing?

We turn dreams into reality!
Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

How would you tell a newbie to store a doll standing?

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Hi,
Please share your process and tips
thanks in advance
Best,
Jeff

xseria

Re: How would you tell a newbie to store a doll standing?

Post by xseria »

I’ll be watching this thread boys since my lady has bolts!
>Tell your world_

Fr0stByte
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Fr0stByte »

My ladies wear socks and shoes and have them leaning against a wall with the memory foam block that usually comes with them between the wall and her back and I make sure her butt off the wall (unless you want a butt mark on the wall (assuming TPE)) =)

If I'm storing them away (ie my Pipe Dream and WM) I remove the head and thread an eye bolt in the neck and have them stand in a closet with a strap to the bar in the closet. Doesn't hang from it just helps ease a little bit of the weight and keeps her upright so no need to lean. And again both are in socks and shoes.

And with the bolts making sure they protrude out of the foot material to take the load and not the material.
Ladies:
Kitty - PipeDream Ultimate Fantasy Dolls
Wynter - WM166CM + 277 Head
Kizuna - Smart Doll - Her Thread: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 4&t=121837
Haruka - Smart Doll
Nao - DollHouse 168 - 80cm Elf - Her Thread: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 3&t=129287
Haruko - Elsa Babe - 102cm LB

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

My doll has standing feet so I keep her standing just about 24/7. I adjust the foot bolts down about 1/4 inch so the bolts alone bear the doll's weight and not the TPE and I almost always have her wearing socks and shoes. My doll leans back against the wall for support with her back arched slightly so that only her shoulders are in contact with the wall and not her butt. Been doing it that way for over 2 years without incident.

Setite
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Setite »

This works out pretty well, since I am a newbie and this info is pretty useful.

curiousswede
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by curiousswede »

Several pairs of whitesocks, stockings (just cuz it is hot), and then a pair of shoes. She stands on a dampening rug because otherwise her static stance in her shoes will leave possible shoe marks on the floor. She stands leaning against a wall with a pillow in-between (to absorb possible oil getting through her clothes).

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

I put hardwood flooring in my closet so the feet don’t get scuffed up.
Got a mini TPE army in there!

RJ357
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by RJ357 »

Mine are propped up against the wall with pillows on the small of their backs to keep them from touching the walls.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Very good so far...thank you
How about getting from your bed to the standing position?
Looking for pointers and thoughts from others since I have my own method which I will share but I feel always best to let people see other ideas so they can pic and choose what they like
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I get Jyoti into a basic standing position while she's lying down, slide her to the edge of the bed or table and just sort of tip her up. She's only 4'1" though, probably be more difficult doing it that way if she were taller.

I use the same technique to get her in and out of a seated position. That is, lay her on a flat surface, get her into a seated position and cradle carry her to the chair. I use the reverse order to get her standing again.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

slide her to the edge of the bed or table and just sort of tip her up.
Thank you...
I do the same thing, keep legs straight, spread and put one of my legs BETWEEN the dolls leg.
Then reach behind her and tilt.
Might have to lift up a tad
Best,
Jeff

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

To see how XY does it, check out below
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 5&t=127871
BONUS TIP-
Why not have her on a blanket and pull the blanket towards you NOT the doll to avoid abrasions?
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

INFORMATIONS