WHY SHOULD YOUR DOLL HAVE STANDING FEET?

We turn dreams into reality!
Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

WHY SHOULD YOUR DOLL HAVE STANDING FEET?

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Hi,
most get dolls with it....
IMHO, it is win.
Better for shipping
You can easily store her vertically with her head on
Ankles are stronger
Bolts can be removed
Only real cons IMHO besides the looks is there can be a tendency for tears by the holes, people should check to make sure they are installed correctly and need to take precautions that water does not enter through them when washing ect...
What would reply to this question?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: WHY SHOULD YOUR DOLL HAVE STANDING FEET?

Post by Mr Franz »

For me, standing feet are a must have. As for guarding against water entering the bolt holes, as long as the doll remains vertical while washing, and the feet are not completely submerged, water in not likely to enter and any that does, will drain right out. I usually help that along by standing my doll on a folded towel after washing and drying. Some like to cover the feet in plastic while washing, but I've found that actually increases the likelihood of water getting inside the bolt holes, as any water that manages to seep inside the plastic becomes trapped.

One tip with standing feet, make sure the protruding bolts heads are slightly proud of the soul of the foot. That way the heads will bear the weight of the doll rather than the foot itself and that will also help to prevent tearing around the holes. :wink:

Darthtpe
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Darthtpe »

what method do you suggest to proud them out ?

amytyl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by amytyl »

IMHO the only reason not to get standing feet is if you have a foot fetish, it can ruin the experience. If socks are acceptable, then even that can work.
For more pics of my beautiful companions see: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14498

koaltrane

Post by koaltrane »

I didn't get them on my first doll because her main purpose in my life was for photography and I think the bolts look like crap and I didn't want to spend inordinate amounts of time in Photoshop concealing them. But that was a mistake. I had no idea the non-standing feet were so fragile...and useless. Pretty, but useless. The second doll I ordered had standing feet and she was way more versatile, especially when posing for photos. The time I lost in Photoshop was negligible. The water intrusion issue also concerned me but I found that easy to work around in the end.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Darthtpe wrote:what method do you suggest to proud them out ?
The bolts screw in and out. You just adjust them to stick out a little beyond the sole of the foot. I keep mine at about 3/16" in the front and about 1/4" in the back.

b33
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by b33 »

amytyl wrote:IMHO the only reason not to get standing feet is if you have a foot fetish, it can ruin the experience. If socks are acceptable, then even that can work.
I second that statement, my first doll had them and they were great I did have one bolt come loose inside of her sock and it's caused a little damage before I caught it but nothing too bad. My second doll does not have standing feet and it's kind of annoying, she is light enough to stand up but she's not very stable and I'm always afraid of her feet getting damaged so I don't do it very often and I definitely can't store her that way so I say standing feet for the win! And I just recently ordered my third doll (which I'm getting through BCD) I did get her when standing feet.
Kaley 3.0 Zelex X165 GE94-2 head
Main Threadviewtopic.php?t=164426

PDutus
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by PDutus »

There is always the boltless standing feet option that the likes of Sino have.

Not aware of any TPE dolls having this yet though.
My girls:
Sophie - JY 175 (JY Head #167)
Valentina - JY 175 (JY Head #101)
Kiania - Sino 161 (Heads S6 & S7)
Rashona - WM 172B (WM Head #64)
Helga - JY 166 (JY head #101)
Patsy - JY 166 (JY Head #102)
Ingrid - JY 166 (SM Head #76)
Monique - JY 165SR (JY Head #134)

Gundam
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gundam »

Once I got a doll with standing feet, there was no going back. I consider it a must. I use most of my dolls as beautiful statues. I have a room they all stay in, just standing around and I love seeing them there at the end of a log day.

ChaseroftheSun
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ChaseroftheSun »

My doll has the "Standing Feet" option however I found out immediately that even with using them as delicately as possible, poor Kayla started having minor rips with increasing wear & tear around the holes on her sole. ....therefore I stopped using that option completely, as I always use her "upper-back hook" which I believe to be a far superior option.
A doll owner just needs to build a "Gantry" & then your doll can even wear high-heeled shoes standing with lots of other options like implementing different sex positions. :)
Here is more about it if you're interested:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121555
Attachments
IMG_3460_1446x2168.jpg
IMG_3460_1446x2168.jpg (278.68 KiB) Viewed 3276 times

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

A good thread on standing a doll can be found below:
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 5&t=127852
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Cameramike
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Cameramike »

Have dolls with and without... with makes it easier for dressing and undressing... but with hurts more when they stomp on my feet... fighting over clothes....

xseria

Post by xseria »

With bolts the dolls can stand for quite some time can't they?
>Tell your world_

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

xseria wrote:With bolts the dolls can stand for quite some time can't they?
Dolls with bolts can stand pretty much indefinitely.

They need their bolts to dance too though...

xseria

Post by xseria »

Willendorph wrote:
xseria wrote:With bolts the dolls can stand for quite some time can't they?
Dolls with bolts can stand pretty much indefinitely.

They need their bolts to dance too though...

Nice. Standing is a must for me, since I plan on posing her in various outfits. I did not think you could leave them standing that long though. You would think the knee joint would give out due to weight.
>Tell your world_

INFORMATIONS