HOW WOULD YOU REPAIR A CUT OR AN ABRASION ON A TPE DOLL?

We turn dreams into reality!
Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

HOW WOULD YOU REPAIR A CUT OR AN ABRASION ON A TPE DOLL?

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Hi,
Please feel free to post your thoughts so people can make an educated decision, fair enough?
You can use products made by Indigo 20, heat, or TPE glue ( or equivalent) .
First, we will talk about heat.
It can be considered iffy.
And remember. practice does not make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect
( Vince Lombardi quote )
Some judge the heat while others use a high end machine.
Obviously, proper ventilation is a must.
You can watch a tutorial here by Mishka.
Attachments
2020-01-21.png
2020-01-21.png (883.15 KiB) Viewed 2573 times

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: HOW WOULD YOU REPAIR A CUT OR AN ABRASION ON A TPE DOLL?

Indigo 20 makes two great products, COMFORT and CWA, which if used properly, you can do some amazing repairs.
To learn more about COMFORT, you can read this and for CWA, you can read this
Attachments
2020-01-21 (1).png
2020-01-21 (1).png (392.58 KiB) Viewed 2567 times
indigo-individual-tpe-reparaturset-comfort-1-kit.jpg
indigo-individual-tpe-reparaturset-comfort-1-kit.jpg (24.05 KiB) Viewed 2567 times
iicwa_007.jpg
iicwa_007.jpg (15.44 KiB) Viewed 2567 times

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Many consider TPE glue not to be the preferred method, but if you use it, please read this
Attachments
2020-01-21 (3).png
2020-01-21 (3).png (302.73 KiB) Viewed 2562 times

Brun2166

Post by Brun2166 »

I personally would not use heat. I’m to nervous too. But I would definitely use Indigos stuff.

trauma
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by trauma »

I heat up the surrounding area and melt it into the cut...this is not a good fix and looks like crap....hahaha

I gotta do something else...

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

TPE literally means Thermoplastic elastomer, thermo as in heat formed. If something is formed with heat it can be reformed with heat, the concept of using glue Escapes me. The idea of using heat to meld two pieces of tpe back together is it natural to me as using a welder to connect two pieces of Steel, with a little practice and lots of oil it can be reheated and reshaped several times to perfection.
That said I still need some practice but I close the gap every time I do it and my repairs get better and better, when I make a repair I go back and reheat and tweak an old repair at the same time since everything is in my hands.
I know some guys have had luck using a soldering iron, I'm curious if anybody has tried a hot knife for repairs?

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

https://realsexdollsreviews.com/2020/08 ... -sex-doll/
Above is sort of off topic, but deals with repairs.
Try at your own risk
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

I'm a metal worker Technician, but just as ultrasonics are used for extremely fine welding so too does TPE adhesives prove their worth with some repairs

Arthur1960 has considerable experience with heat and now includes TPE adhesives for delicate repairs :)

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

seagull wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:08 pm I'm a metal worker Technician, but just as ultrasonics are used for extremely fine welding so too does TPE adhesives prove their worth with some repairs

Arthur1960 has considerable experience with heat and now includes TPE adhesives for delicate repairs :)
Wow, a lot has changed since 2020 when I said I was getting better with heated repairs, I did get into using a hot knife and it worked well but takes some precision. I did a hot knife repair after Bubbles' back surgery and it came out well, but still needs some tweaking. I've been trying to decide how to go about it and decided that I could screw into a soldering iron so there were different shaped pieces for different repairs would be best but I still have to form them.
Probably shape 16 gauge sheet metal into what I want and then tack weld some bits of all thread inside of them, but it wouldn't surprise me if something already exists for use with wax or something. I posted this picture last September in Mishka's thread.
viewtopic.php?t=101220&start=300

Done with care heated repairs can make factory strong seamless repairs, and the initial investment for tools cost less than glue, but since not everybody is comfortable with that it's good that glue is out there.
Attachments
20210914_151657.jpg
20210914_151657.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 1402 times
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

ZombieWinter
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZombieWinter »

I used 3M primer sticks (single use break open sticks) on my WM. It worked well on the scratches on the bottom of her feet.
FOR SALE: (PARODY) viewtopic.php?t=146954

ElsaBabe silicone 150 + RHB009, JM Doll silicone Tree Elf AIO, EX silicone 145 + Lilith + Youyi, EX silicone 158 + Kayla + Penny, Sanhui silicone 168 + #12, Starpery silicone 156 + Cynthia, PIB silicone Spinner Cello Shelby, WM TPE 165-D gel, Zelex silicone 155 + GE41 + GE44 + GE45 + GE52, Zelex silicone 147 Premium Series + GD53

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

For a small neat cut I would use CWA, if you can still get it.
For the kind of work I have had to do on Ami, I use a solder station with a set of custom bits.
IMAG2855.jpg
IMAG2855.jpg (2.84 MiB) Viewed 1386 times
The trick is getting the parent TPE molten along with the donor TPE so that they fuse together. If you don't do that, it'll never stay fixed. I use a 'v' groove method like butt welding thick plate. Cut a groove and then adding small chunks of TPE as a filler as I go. Ami has had some extensive repairs like this and she is holding up well.
For finishing off (abrasions), I use a heated, polished teaspoon and white oil. A Chef's blowtorch works well for heating up the spoon.
P1010525.JPG
P1010525.JPG (816.04 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
Tyr
“We’ve always been vulnerable. Every day you go out the house, you’re vulnerable. You’re inches from diving under a bus or somebody hitting you over the head for your money. Nothing is safe. Everybody seems to be obsessed with safety. Well, nothing is safe, okay? Nothing! Make the most of it while you’re safe now. You won’t be tomorrow, maybe.”
The Late, Great, Ian Fraser Kilminster.

My 'e' key is getting sticky, so now and thn words may look a bit odd.

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

Tyr wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:02 pm For a small neat cut I would use CWA, if you can still get it.
For the kind of work I have had to do on Ami, I use a solder station with a set of custom bits.IMAG2855.jpg
The trick is getting the parent TPE molten along with the donor TPE so that they fuse together. If you don't do that, it'll never stay fixed. I use a 'v' groove method like butt welding thick plate. Cut a groove and then adding small chunks of TPE as a filler as I go. Ami has had some extensive repairs like this and she is holding up well.
For finishing off (abrasions), I use a heated, polished teaspoon and white oil. A Chef's blowtorch works well for heating up the spoon. P1010525.JPG
Tyr
That ball shaped bit is super cool, and I love the idea of the spoon, that's the shape of attachment I want to make. Where did you get the soldering iron tips?
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

Hi Technician, I was kindly given the solder bits to try out by Indigo20.
I was having a particularly difficult time with a repair and the chemical fixes were not working.
I use the blade and the short tip mostly. The ball end can be used for finishing but I find that the spoon works better.
Tyr
“We’ve always been vulnerable. Every day you go out the house, you’re vulnerable. You’re inches from diving under a bus or somebody hitting you over the head for your money. Nothing is safe. Everybody seems to be obsessed with safety. Well, nothing is safe, okay? Nothing! Make the most of it while you’re safe now. You won’t be tomorrow, maybe.”
The Late, Great, Ian Fraser Kilminster.

My 'e' key is getting sticky, so now and thn words may look a bit odd.

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

Many stuff mentioned is only available in the poster country. The cost of sending the Doll back and fourth prohibits many of us any chance of professional repair.

My advice to people giving advice, is dont mention just the "brand names of products" that only exist from a particular vendor, rather say the actual chemical standard product.

A cut in the neck on my doll after it slipped and was torn by the hanger. I fixed it with fair result but could benefit on expert advice on smoothing finish

Bought a cheap TPE vagina, the type that come in tube cups, they cost usd 10, cut in small pieces and put it in a sealed glass. Then added Xylene just to cover them. Wait a day or two until it melts. Used the melted paste to fill in the cavity in the doll.

Finishing at skin surface is tricky. Would like to learn more about finishing process and how not leave any scars.

The chemical name is important so we can buy it in a local store wherever country you live in.

Online buying overseas importing some stuff is non-practical, long shipping time and expensive. We have to look for ingredients in our local place. Thats why the proper industrial names are needed rather than the brand market.

Its better now with some makeup.
Attachments
D5516FBE-C4EE-4AFD-BA64-3D71840DE462.jpeg
D5516FBE-C4EE-4AFD-BA64-3D71840DE462.jpeg (754.6 KiB) Viewed 1345 times
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

whiterose
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by whiterose »

Watching this thread eagerly as hand surgery is in my doll's near future and I'm very concerned about closing the cuts after.

INFORMATIONS