She finally came! - Can't connect her head :(

We turn dreams into reality!
Xelos
Active Poster
Active Poster

She finally came! - Can't connect her head :(

Post by Xelos »

After napping at customs for a while, my girl finally got delivered today! Boy, my heart was pounding out of my chest as I opened that box. She turned out perfect, and had no damage... not even a nail. Unfortunately, I can't seem to connect her head... She's a WM 108L. Her head has a threaded socket, but the body appears to have a snap connector. I checked, rechecked and then triple checked her box and all the extras she came with -- No adapter that I can find. I really hope I'm just dumb and she didn't come defective. :(

I even watched a little tutorial video Jeff sent me, and I still can't figure it out. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Xelos
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: She finally came! - Can't connect her head :(

Post by Xelos »

I tried to attach some pictures, but it doesn't seem to be letting me upload any. T_T

Nazario_Oldham
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Nazario_Oldham »

Xelos wrote:I tried to attach some pictures, but it doesn't seem to be letting me upload any. T_T
Could the Pic's be too big in size for uploading possibly?
Kindest Regards,
Naz

MY DOLLS
Jena - DollXES 125cm
Danika - SM 138d - viewtopic.php?t=160713

Doll #3 Zoey WM 140d Coming Spring 2023 :whistle:

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ILuvFemsNlingerie »

You may have to resize the pics

As for the head unscrew the m16 bolt from the head put the snap on connector on the neck and then pop the head on that way.
My Dolls
Custom SM 168C (will be awhile)
WM 156 C cup (Pink) Upgraded Skeleton
DS 145+ (tan)

Heads: WM #58 (Ce Ce), YL Lori (Dahlia), 6yE N24 (Veronica), SM #55 (Asami), DS April (April), IronTech LP (Lucinda), Matedoll #21 (Cindy), WM #234 (Minka) #363 (Victoria)

All via BCD (Jeff is the man)

CeCe's and friends thread
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7#p1612387

April's thread
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=89211

jbl182

Post by jbl182 »

Xelos wrote:I tried to attach some pictures, but it doesn't seem to be letting me upload any. T_T
if you make pictures with phone, you may need use a picture resize app. because picture size is limited here.
wihs you luck!
~~~I do not love my dolls because they replace a human.~~~
~~~I love my dolls because they are dolls.~~~

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi it's like ILuvFemsNLingerie said, the best fit is usually obtained by screwing the threaded portion of the connector bolt into the neck. It seems that all dolls now coming out of the Jinsan factory have these half threaded bolts with a push fit end. It will help if you wrap a little plumbers (PTFE) tape on the threads and also pop a rubber O ring washer or felt washer over the bolt for the head to screw down onto. You may find the the neck tube is not blanked off inside and so the bolt keeps screwing down too far. If this is the case you can just stuff something in there to give the bolt something to buffer against, I use a couple of cotton makeup swabs that does the trick. The pushfit end of the bolt should be clear so you can see the 2 little spring loaded balls on the side. Once the bolt is in there nice and firm you simply line up the head and gently but firmly push it down and you will hear it click into place. If you get it right this system does seem to me to be an improvement on the old standard threaded tube.

Xelos
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Xelos »

Sooo... I think the problem here is I don't have a "threaded portion of the connector bolt". It's literally just a connector piece coming from the neck, and an embeded threaded tube inside the dolls head. :/

What is the size limit on pictures?

Xelos
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Xelos »

Here, hopefully this helps :D
Attachments
head socket.jpg
head socket.jpg (99.09 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
20190315_180728.jpg
20190315_180728.jpg (114.52 KiB) Viewed 1131 times

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

Looks like it is screwed in too far. It should unscrew.

Here you can see one of the connectors screwed into a 16mm tube:
headbolt.jpg
headbolt.jpg (202.49 KiB) Viewed 1109 times
On my doll, it is screwed in just a little further, so the threads are all inside. You can see both the ball bearings are exposed and outside the tube quite a way.

Xelos
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Xelos »

Okay, that was super helpful... I dont have tools, so I had to just unscrew it by hand, but I got it screwed out a bit. If I push the head down on the connector piece it soooort of connects? Still wobbly, but not going to topple right off. I don't really feel it click into place or anything, and I'm not sure how wobbly the head should be.

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

I actually have it the other way around, with the bolt screwed into the head, and the bobbled end going into the body.

My doll came with the bolt in the head, so I assumed that was the right way round. I have tried it the other way, and it seems more secure to me the way I have it.

There is a definite click when I push the head onto the body, and there isn't much in the way of wobble.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi adelea, yeah in the past year I've had several heads come from Jinsan with the new bolt pre fitted in both ways so I suspect the factory are still not sure if one way is better than the other. I did also have a couple of heads sent with the double push fit ended bolt but they were soon discontinued as they were difficult to fit and you couldn't use them at all with heads more than around 18 months old. Having played around a bit I've settled on the threaded bit in the body as it's particularly useful if you have a body where you do need to switch heads frequently and I do have at least one where I do that. Of course the other advantage of the push fit bolt is that you don't twist the neck tpe by screwing the head on, so I'm sold on them and need to get a few more for the rest of my gals.

Xelos
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Xelos »

I got it working well enough. Her head stays on, the bolt threading just seems a bit loose, explaining the wobble. Thanks for the help guys!
Once I got her head and wig on, I got kind of emotional... Everything has finally come together after so much dreaming, planning and saving. I just sat and hugged her for a while. :oops:
when I have time I'll make a proper first impressions thread with lots of photos for everybody to enjoy

P.S. Thanks for the cute little dress, Jeff. Wasn't expecting that extra surprise in the mail today :)
Attachments
Thanks!.jpg
Thanks!.jpg (270.22 KiB) Viewed 1063 times

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Glad to see you got it sorted. As said, a little tpfe tape (plumbers tape) around it can help if it is slightly loose.

High Country

Post by High Country »

Congrats, Xelos - another detail about the connector that might help. You see the two little ball-bearings on the non-threaded head-piece? These are spring loaded, and "spring" against the threads in the neck. Each ball-bearing has a small allen-hex set-screw on the opposite side that helps you adjust how strong or light the spring action is of the ball bearing. Two things to watch for: If the set screw is loosened too far, it can protrude out and can catch against the threads. But if the set screw is screwed in too tight, it will make the ball-bearing too rigid and it's spring won't "give" when pushed in to the threads.

INFORMATIONS