Thanks to BCD; and some pics of Cassidy (WM157b)

We turn dreams into reality!
jogle7
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Thanks to BCD; and some pics of Cassidy (WM157b)

Post by jogle7 »

Thanks to BCD & Jeff for getting me exactly what I wanted. For anyone unsure of how to proceed to get a specific doll, I recommend contacting Jeff. Another satisfied customer here.

I've been calling her Cassidy. The doll that really caught my eye was one by the same name on dolls france; so yes she kinda now looks like her but with my own little touches (meaning my nonexistent makeup and hair and accessories and women's clothing know-how). I knew she wouldn't come looking like that one, but it's a start. Key here is that I actually had fun doing it.

Here are a bunch of pics. Won't say it was a photoshoot because it's crap compared to fancy setup of many here. Just an iphone, a small room and paint to crop out some stuff in the room. The weird sizes/crops are just me croping out rest of room. Also, I do have more clothes coming; and wigs and [sexy] costumes; and hoping to get some of those MF moving eyes because I just can't get them to move.

Pics below; but here is my things learned (the hard way) list; and I'm only ONE WEEK in:
-heels! be careful. Somehow, at some point, I managed to overlap the butt of her heel under the standing screw and it punch a hole. It's hard to see, but now i'm always repositioning carefully to avoid. I didn't pull it out, that would have torn wide, but was able to lift the stuck TPE off the screw head. Also bought some screw covers hoping they'll help prevent that again. She had socks on...so socks don't prevent this.
-faceplant. yep. her knee buckled and she went down hard during the 'photoshoot' below (you can see where her hair was redone). you know a proper faceplant when lipstick is on the floor (so glad i can joke about this..it's really not funny) heart sank..thought the worst, but only a small tear on her elbow (very small) because her arm got pushed to a max angle. got lucky, could have been worse. Her knee seems fine, it just bent and she fell.
-small fingernail cut on her hand. I don't even really have nails, but managed a small cut on a hand. It's awkward, but when posing/moving, just use the cotton gloves.

I don't plan to repeat ANY of the above again, and hope I've learned from my mistake. Hope this helps someone.
2.JPG
2.JPG (666.64 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (346.46 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (462.36 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (386.08 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (451.58 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
6.jpg
6.jpg (509.21 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
7.jpg
7.jpg (610.09 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
8.jpg
8.jpg (424.42 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
9.jpg
9.jpg (397.45 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
10.jpg
10.jpg (339.83 KiB) Viewed 3679 times

jogle7
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Thanks to BCD; and some pics of Cassidy (WM157b)

Post by jogle7 »

Continued:
11.jpg
11.jpg (354.57 KiB) Viewed 3677 times
12.jpg
12.jpg (475.51 KiB) Viewed 3677 times
13.jpg
13.jpg (364.05 KiB) Viewed 3677 times
14.jpg
14.jpg (434.21 KiB) Viewed 3677 times
15.jpg
15.jpg (567.84 KiB) Viewed 3677 times
16.jpg
16.jpg (426.14 KiB) Viewed 3677 times

Rtechguy

Post by Rtechguy »

Congrats on the wonderful looking doll! And well done on the photos. You have some nice angles in there. She is quite striking!
I think all of us have goofed up on our first dolls. God knows I did! The worst I did was the heel poke like you had, and some rather serious staining. I had to get in touch with Jeff for help with the staining. Lessons learned... 1. Be more careful when moving her and 2. Avoid dark colors unless you wash then 4 or five times first and then only leave them on her long enough to shoot some pictures.

Once again, congrats and welcome to the BCD family! I wish you many years of happiness!

(Have you already started planning your second purchase? These dolls get lonely all by themselves while you off at work! You can never tell what they will get into unless they have a playmate!)
Alisandra - SM-163G
Fallon - JY-166 muscle doll
Arrived (YL 170 thread) - YL-170
TBD - YL-170 (2nd attempt)

Devoted customer of Booty Call Dolls

Mystere

Post by Mystere »

Congrats! Cassidy is gorgeous and you got some great shots of her.
Akina, my WM 158 cm with head #53
Her arrival: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=267&t=80325

Mr_Ducati
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mr_Ducati »

Congrats again Jogle, Cassidy is a cutie! I can't wait to place my order with Jeff. He really IS everything everyone says he is. I randomly shoot him texts and emails every couple of days inquiring about different body styles or options. He is one patient man! Lol. Anyway, would love to see more pics of Cassidy so please keep em coming! :wink:

Mr. D

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi, congratulations on getting Cassidy, she certainly looks cute and you've already taken some splendid pics there. I particularly like that last one, a bit cheeky and from an interesting angle. Don't be too hard on yourself about the first time gaffs, we've all made them and it's our poor first time gals that have to put up with most of them! My first gal, Sarah, slid off the bed more than once when I thought I had her balanced but you eventually get a feel for what's right and how far you can go with positioning etc. As for the WM157b well I certainly love mine, she's a joy to work with for photoshoots and ironically when you get the legs positioned right the body balances really well for standing and so there's a temptation to try some free standing shots with no support, which is highly risky! Shuri, my 157b stands so well that when I give her a point of support such as a wall or a chair she can stand without actually touching it but of course if you get too complacent then accidents will happen! Anyway good luck and keep the pics of Cassidy coming please!

Up2myneck
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Up2myneck »

Hi Jogle7,
Hope you get on with your new girl, and welcome to TDF and a new life with dolls! :wink: :)

noid88
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by noid88 »

Great pics! BCD is the way to go! I got mine there

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi again, I meant to say, re getting the foot bolt caught on the heel of her foot, you might want to consider fitting large washers under the bolt head, I've done this with all my standing foot gals and it seems to prevent such things from happening.

jogle7
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by jogle7 »

Thanks for all the comments. Know it's been awhile since the last, sorry didn't say thanks sooner, I get easily sidetracked. Doll pics one day; some new hobby the next.

I can say I've learned from my mistakes so far. She has *not* fallen again!...and I think Arthur1960 hit it on the head and i got complacent with how well I thought she was standing. I actually now have a chair and a small cushion i push against her whenever i have to step away. I find it easier than picking her up and laying her down, it just pushes on her enough to not let her fall or knees bend. For the heel issue, i did get some of MF screw covers and i think they will totally fix that issue.

Here are some older pics I think I posted, but it was before I was able to upload pics so they were via an image hoster. Figure I'd throw into Cassidy thread.
Here she is just out of the box, but I immediately yanked her factory wig and put this on:
just out of the box.jpg
just out of the box.jpg (373.82 KiB) Viewed 3099 times
Couple poses:
image (1).jpg
image (1).jpg (231.2 KiB) Viewed 3099 times
image (4).jpg
image (4).jpg (159.07 KiB) Viewed 3099 times

jogle7
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by jogle7 »

Oh yeah, and you know you all did this within the first hour of getting a first doll:
IMG_3025.JPG
IMG_3025.JPG (1.61 MiB) Viewed 3095 times
and for those of you who didn't...I know, it slipped...got it

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

sexy!

jogle7
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by jogle7 »

Here are some original approval pics of her; I was away for business when I got these, and it feels so good when doll is exactly what you asked for (except for that hair, what was i thinking). I mean, I remember constantly thinking 'what if I don't like the approvals'...it actually scared me a bit I think.
1.jpg
1.jpg (65.96 KiB) Viewed 3083 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (56.28 KiB) Viewed 3083 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (24.89 KiB) Viewed 3083 times

jogle7
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by jogle7 »

And finally for tonight, here are some pics of MF eyes. Can't recommend them enough.

As soon as the eyes were in she seem to come to life:
IMG_3327.JPG
IMG_3327.JPG (1.08 MiB) Viewed 3079 times
And a near instantaneous eye color change:
IMG_3328.JPG
IMG_3328.JPG (916.27 KiB) Viewed 3079 times
Then she gave me a look when I asked if she liked them later:
IMG_3336.JPG
IMG_3336.JPG (654.66 KiB) Viewed 3079 times

jogle7
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by jogle7 »

Tybalt wrote:sexy!
Thanks!

INFORMATIONS