sanhuiofficial.com

New 2018 skeleton upgrade pics - ball joint skeleton

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
DARKSUN
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: New 2018 skeleton upgrade pics - ball joint skeleton

Post by DARKSUN »

Looks promising. Thanks for sharing. Is there possibly any talk of improved neck joint or head attachment system? or improved finger bones?

i am very happy to see them moving forward on skeleton improvements. My biggest concerns now, for future improvements are the neck/head attachment system and the finger bones. next would be fine tuning all of the skeletons surfaces like the outer corners/edges of the joints and feet / palm plates.

I recall my experience with a WM 155 DD, it seems that many parts of the skeleton had sharp corner edges that immediately started slicing into the TPE and poking though from the inside out.
Current doll: Starpery 156cm Hedy
Past Dolls: PiperDoll Akira 160cm Silicone - WM 155cm DD (TPE) - JY 140cm Huge Boobs Adelaide (TPE) - Starpery 156cm Hedy
Wish List: too many to list
Doll Reviews:
JY 140CM Adelaide
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=101883
Piperdoll Akira 160cm
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=129608
Starpery 156cm Hedy
viewtopic.php?f=548&t=149180

FloatingInSpace
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by FloatingInSpace »

I can confirm that the hip joint is not limited to 90 degrees. I could put her knees next to her shoulders if I wanted. However, the knee joint only bends slightly further. Would be much nicer if the heels could bend closer to the butt, like IronTech seems to be capable of.

The wrists and the ankles seem both stiff and fragile at the same time. I have to use some force to move them. I suspect they will be the first joints to go unless I am very careful.

The neck / head attachment system seems very basic, especially when compared to the quick connect systems that are available, however it is functionally fine. The neck hole is threaded and the head post has a spring loaded bearing, so it pops on and off easily.

The toes and fingers are the biggest disappointment. I can hardly move the doll without sending a toe into a 90 degree angle. I've had 2 wires poke out of the toes, one of which was just a sheathing material that covers the wire. I've also noticed small tears and deformation in the silicone around the knees, even though I haven't been particularly rough on the doll. The damage isn't that noticeable and the silicone should be easy to repair. None of the wires have snapped yet, but I have no doubt it will happen, unless I put her in steel toe boots permanently.

Also, the standing foot pegs keep backing out of their sockets. I'm going to remove them and coat the threads in locktite, let it dry, then put them back in.

I would say the skeleton has some more improvements that could be made, but overall, I think SanHui is a really good value. The silicone is pretty decent. It's better than I expected given the price relative to all of the other silicone manufacturers. The textured skin is really impressive. I am also a fan of the pigmented options. It adds to the realism and should be more durable, if not completely permanent.

Wmdollfan

Post by Wmdollfan »

Maybe Sanhui should offer a doll with the option of skeleton-free toes and fingers for those who want a safer love doll more than a photo muse?

Aber

Post by Aber »

I would love for the skeleton to be strong enough to allow the doll to hang from the neck bolt.

I can't see the top part of the skeleton is that likely to be an option ?
MechadollUSA 95D (2016): Heated, 3 Faces: Brigette, Sophie, Laura; skin tone:normal, no fuzz, plain nails
Doll Sweet 145+ (2016): 3 heads:Lilith, sKayla, DoraCE; white skin, tight joints, no fuzz, no nails
Maidlee Doll Maid-Fong: Head 2, built-in oral and anal
PassionDolls 158cm pre-order with massive boobs and Trina head

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Aber wrote:I would love for the skeleton to be strong enough to allow the doll to hang from the neck bolt.

I can't see the top part of the skeleton is that likely to be an option ?
Aber, I just spent a full minute mesmerized by your gif avatar! :scrambleup:

Reportedly, some recent Sanhui dolls are coming with a hanging bolt included. There are a number of members with dolls on order/coming soon, so that should provide some confirmation and clarity. The updates tend to happen first with the bigger dolls first then work their way down.

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Wmdollfan wrote:Maybe Sanhui should offer a doll with the option of skeleton-free toes and fingers for those who want a safer love doll more than a photo muse?
SH are known to be pretty good about providing for specific customer requests. I'd imagine this would be an easy one -- just leave out the fingers form the skeleton construction before the silicone molding. Then again, I don't know the process. If for some reason they get them already assembled and would then have to remove them, they might be less willing/able to change this.

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

I don't know how I missed that thread but I can say that Sanhui is leaving 6YE in its dust at many levels in the last few months.
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

Olivia F1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Olivia F1 »

Hello,

Can someone tell me if the 168cm doll has a hanging/suspension hook system?

Update: I learned through the company that they do in fact have a hanging hook, does it come off the neck or the back I do not know.

Up2myneck
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Up2myneck »

Olivia F1 wrote:Hello,

Can someone tell me if the 168cm doll has a hanging/suspension hook system?

Update: I learned through the company that they do in fact have a hanging hook, does it come off the neck or the back I do not know.
Hi Olivia,
I received a hanging hook with my lovely 158cm doll in Feb, earlier this year, it does screw into the neck :)
Best double check with Sanhui if they do this for the 168cm, I would have thought so though.

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Hi All,

I made an interesting observation with my 2018 Elfie. (She has the new skeleton despite being a smaller doll, which is awesome.) The knee joints can actually bend sideways to some degree. This is particularly helpful in setting her up in standing position because you can get her feet to stand flat or change the width of her stance with a finer than changing her hip joint position. Here's a couple photos illustrating the range of this movement.

In this photo, they are angled inward for a bow-legged position.
20180623_212048 (2).jpg
20180623_212048 (2).jpg (172.03 KiB) Viewed 2971 times
In this one, they are angled outward.
20180623_212056 (2).jpg
20180623_212056 (2).jpg (198.36 KiB) Viewed 2971 times
This means the the knees are ball joints, at least for this model. I would suspect that the larger models would have this feature as well, but maybe some others can confirm this.

Having found this, I checked some others. Non-ball joints are in the elbows and ankles. Well, at least the ankles don't do the same sideways movement as the knees. The elbows only hinge in one direction. The wirsts hinge in one direction but also rotate. The kneck, hips, and neck joints have mostly free movement. The head unfortunately has a limit that does not allow her to tilt her head up. They seem to be fixing the neck limitation behind the scenes, at least for some models.

Metricnut
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Metricnut »

Jimbofod wrote:Hi All,

I made an interesting observation with my 2018 Elfie. (She has the new skeleton despite being a smaller doll, which is awesome.) The knee joints can actually bend sideways to some degree.
I noticed the same thing with my 145 yesterday. I was posing her and noticed her leg was bent at a strange angle. I was nervous for a quick second that I somehow damaged her leg. But it smoothly moved back to a more normal looking position.

Every time I pose Alicia I think "what a great skeleton she has". Just smooth movement and holds firm when in place.
Nicole, SM138 D.....Angie, YL 141 D.....Katie, SM 136 A.....Avril, SM 156 A.....Sasha, SM 146 D.....Molly, SM 136 F
" She can't talk, but she has a way of talking me into it..."

Dollsampler
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dollsampler »

Everybody here seem to rejoice itself about the new skeletons with ball joints everywhere.I have a good experience with 6YE knees ball joints. I have the 6YE 169 C cup and the outstanding 165F. However as I already own 12 dolls I use them a lot (standing) and store them in standing position.I own also Sasa DH168 evo with shruging shoulders and hips tilting.
Really now when I order a new doll I try to get her with the previous traditionnal skeleton especially without these knees ball joint or the shruging shoulders because the result in standing position is uglyness (crooked and/or arched and/ or X shaped legs) and instability!
Some brands hopefully propose the traditionnal or the upgraded skeleton as a choice (IRON TECH, DH168 make a 170 not evo…)

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Dollsampler wrote:Everybody here seem to rejoice itself about the new skeletons with ball joints everywhere.I have a good experience with 6YE knees ball joints. I have the 6YE 169 C cup and the outstanding 165F. However as I already own 12 dolls I use them a lot (standing) and store them in standing position.I own also Sasa DH168 evo with shruging shoulders and hips tilting.
Really now when I order a new doll I try to get her with the previous traditionnal skeleton especially without these knees ball joint or the shruging shoulders because the result in standing position is uglyness (crooked and/or arched and/ or X shaped legs) and instability!
Some brands hopefully propose the traditionnal or the upgraded skeleton as a choice (IRON TECH, DH168 make a 170 not evo…)
I agree it is a little odd for the knee joint, but I don't find it that bad, at least for my 118 cm elfie. (This might possibly be an issue for supporting bigger, heavier dolls in the long term.) Actually I find it a little bit helpful and allows for a bit different "attitude" in different standing postures. If it were a more standard joint, as long as it had good and lasting tightness, I'd be fine with that. As for the other joints where it is used, it makes a lot of sense in mimicking natural joints (hips, shoulders). For the spine it's less natural but a simpler/cheaper solution than many simulated vertebrae. For Sanhui dolls I would not recommend requesting an old model skeleton because their joints went loose too quickly. Also, now that the silicone is much softer, there might be issues with edges in joints. The current skeleton is very rounded in most places.

INFORMATIONS