sanhuiofficial.com

New 2018 skeleton upgrade pics - ball joint skeleton

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
shotdot

Re: New 2018 skeleton upgrade pics - ball joint skeleton

Post by shotdot »

It is not the matter how big the angle is (180 vs. 360). It is a matter of having two angles of rotation. Ball joints provide two angles at once, whereas you need a separate hinge for each angle.

Regarding durability, couple month ago there was a post from early DH168 Sasa adopter who put his item on sale with loose hip joint (basically, not poseable).

FloatingInSpace
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by FloatingInSpace »

shotdot wrote:It is not the matter how big the angle is (180 vs. 360). It is a matter of having two angles of rotation. Ball joints provide two angles at once, whereas you need a separate hinge for each angle.

Regarding durability, couple month ago there was a post from early DH168 Sasa adopter who put his item on sale with loose hip joint (basically, not poseable).
Right, I was just making an analogy to illustrate the difference between a hinged and a ball joint in physical terms that everyone is familiar with.

Liz_xxx

Post by Liz_xxx »

Quote :

"Regarding durability, couple month ago there was a post from early DH168 Sasa adopter who put his item on sale with loose hip joint (basically, not poseable)."

Dh168 whether EVO or not doesn't have ball joints to the best of my knowledge.

Nord
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nord »

Very nice! Another reason to lean more towards Sanhui :D

But didn't 6Ye brag about patents on this kind of skeleton for sexdolls? This always seemed strange because they certainly didn't invent ball joints. Or maybe silicone and TPE are considered to be different markets?
Aio - Sanhui 160cm AIO "Nonoka"
Rei - WM 140cm D-cup #39 & #53
Nymph - DH168 80cm "Shiori"
Ku - DS Ex Lite 163cm "Kayla"
Elva & Alva - 6Ye 65cm #M5 "Mina"

shotdot

Post by shotdot »

Liz_xxx wrote:Dh168 whether EVO or not doesn't have ball joints to the best of my knowledge.
My mistake: somehow I thought EVO includes ball joints. Clever marketers: they just added couple pivot points, and it becomes "whole new skeleton".

AVT100
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by AVT100 »

Nord wrote:Very nice! Another reason to lean more towards Sanhui :D

But didn't 6Ye brag about patents on this kind of skeleton for sexdolls? This always seemed strange because they certainly didn't invent ball joints. Or maybe silicone and TPE are considered to be different markets?
Clearly, it's marketing and while shoulder shrugs and hip tilts are fantastic for photography and sales photos they don't do much of anything for the end user looking for a great love doll.

The cool thing with the Sanhui skeleton improvement is that they're showing increased functionality. One user got rid of his sanhui because the 90 degree angle of the leg bend was limiting him when it came to using the doll. Sanhui just put out a photo that shows that issue is resolved.

FloatingInSpace
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by FloatingInSpace »

AVT100 wrote:
The cool thing with the Sanhui skeleton improvement is that they're showing increased functionality. One user got rid of his sanhui because the 90 degree angle of the leg bend was limiting him when it came to using the doll. Sanhui just put out a photo that shows that issue is resolved.
For this very reason, I was going to NOT buy a Sanhui doll. Now that they've resolved the problem, I had a hard time deciding which one to buy. I want like 5.

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

QuantumVoodoo wrote:
Jimbofod wrote:What are the specific advantages of ball joints? Besides the obvious mobility, are they particularly durable?
I'd be interested in hearing from owners of ball joint skeleton dolls about longevity as well.
Well, I spent a bit of time looking at the 6ye forum and also trying a general search about loose ball joints. Here's the gist of what I learned:

As mentioned, 6ye had ball joints for a bit longer. (They have a post about it in their subforum with photos.) One owner had an issue where the hip joint went out very quickly, like in a week, and then sold the doll. Maybe this was an anomaly or quality issue because I didn't easily find more similar reports. One good thing about Sanhui is that they do have a 6-month warranty that I presume would cover any such issue that might arise in the short term.
https://www.sanhuidolls.com/about-sanhui

Another owner had an issue with the joints becoming stiff after a somewhat longer time, and it was suggested that some periodic movement would be good to keep the joints in good shape, I presume to maintain even lubrication. Somebody pointed out that if the joints become dry and lubricated, it might result in either unusual tightness or looseness (unconfirmed). I think it was Samara that proposed something like petroleum jelly could be injected into the joint with a thin syringe to fix this without cutting the doll open. My guess is that this drying out might be the more common longer-term issue with ball joints. If so, and if a bit of doll exercise is all that's needed to maintain the joints, this is not bad at all. I still have some lingering concern/wonder about long-term loosening that seems a harder question to answer.

Ball joints can be made with different tightness levels. Again, I am no mechanical expert, but I would assume this setting would be permanent based on the relative sizes of the inner and outer structure of the joints -- therefore not adjustable. I wonder if Sanhui might offer customization of joint tightness in the future.

I posted questions on a couple of the threads asking more about longer-term longevity of the ball joints, so we'll see if there are replies. Meanwhile, if anyone else finds something out, please share. It was mentioned that some WM dolls have ball joints now, so I'll probably try looking around there too.

While this might seem negative or critical, I should point out that I think this upgrade on the part of Sanhui, and it's application all the way from the 118 cm elfie doll and up, is fantastic. I'm just trying to be thorough and better understand the implications on joint durability.

Thanks, all!

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

Well, I got a nice quick reply to my question from Dr Dollinger:
I own 3 6YE dolls. Jazzmine is my oldest, 161E my newest.
There is no wearing at all (not noticeable) . No loosen joints. All works smooth like on the beginning
It needs a very long time and very much motion and action to get a ball-joint loose. Most ball-joints in industrial products are used continuously. Here's only a frequently use with not much stress
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 8#p1297958

His oldest was posted for review in May 2017, so that's nearly a year ago. It' not a multi-year proof or anything nearing statistical levels of reassurance, but it does sound quite promising.

:glou:

NgocPearl
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by NgocPearl »

I am saving up to buy a Sanhui. Hopefully, by the time I am ready, the ball joint skeleton will be perfected. I hope Sanhui introduce ball joint fingers too. Life will be so perfect! :O)

Metricnut
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Metricnut »

NgocPearl wrote:I am saving up to buy a Sanhui. Hopefully, by the time I am ready, the ball joint skeleton will be perfected. I hope Sanhui introduce ball joint fingers too. Life will be so perfect! :O)
Welcome to TDF NgocPearl! I really enjoy my Sanhui doll. Sanhui dolls seem to be of really good quality, at a price point that is almost as low as some TPE manufactures. There is lots of threads that discuss ways to improve the hands of dolls. You are not alone in wishing for improvement in this area.

Metricnut
Nicole, SM138 D.....Angie, YL 141 D.....Katie, SM 136 A.....Avril, SM 156 A.....Sasha, SM 146 D.....Molly, SM 136 F
" She can't talk, but she has a way of talking me into it..."

NgocPearl
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by NgocPearl »

Thankyou Metricnut, I really enjoy your post on Alicia, 145 D Cup, Face #1. She is so pretty and always smiling! I also want her :O) I want her on a 156cm body. Sanhui did sent me a picture with that hybrid but I don't know how to post it here. About ball joint fingers, I mean even some $20 toy has them why not Sanhui :O)

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

NgocPearl wrote:Thankyou Metricnut, I really enjoy your post on Alicia, 145 D Cup, Face #1. She is so pretty and always smiling! I also want her :O) I want her on a 156cm body. Sanhui did sent me a picture with that hybrid but I don't know how to post it here. About ball joint fingers, I mean even some $20 toy has them why not Sanhui :O)
I think you need a minimum number of initial posts (5?) before you can pm and attach photos.

When you speak of ball joints for the fingers, do you mean hinge joints? Otherwise the fingers could bend sideways, unless it is a ball joint with motion limited to one direction. Ball joints on the wrists would be nice though.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

FloatingInSpace wrote: I would imagine a well built hinged design is superior to a poorly implemented ball joint.
I second that! Ball joints unfortunately will become loose similar to a hinged design over time. It is an improvement as far as coming apart. MAYBE. ball can be pulled from sockets. They do on cars. Of course cars have tons more force they need to hold up against, but they do wear and rattle.
Stainless. sure, it will drive the price up more. At least rust should not be an issue. But again it depends on how they weld joints too. Also, could be weak at welds as this picture depicts :)
All depends on those doing the work... and how much they push at workers 匆忙 匆忙 (hurry hurry) LOL

HSP_960
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HSP_960 »

A.I would like to see close-ups of the joints, especially the ankle.
B. When will we see a pictorial of Alicia doing yoga? ;-)

INFORMATIONS